BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

09-15-2022, 03:02 PM   #1
MikeYQM
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP

The myth of the Canadian Lime Rock Park Limited Editions…

The myth of the Canadian Lime Rock Park Limited Editions…

I'm trying to find out the back story on a batch of 2013 M3 sold in Canada which were part of a special group of Individual cars, perhaps in response to BMW Canada not getting any LRP.

This is a summary of what I have so far, but it's in no way definitive and contains a bunch of speculation:

BMW produced 274 Fire Orange II (U94/2) E92 M3 Coupes for the North American Market. Of those, 200 were Lime Rock Park Edition, a limited run destined for the US only. In response, and to commemorate the end of the E9X M3, BMW Canada had produced 23 Individual Fire Orange II E92 M3 Coupes, with Individual Dark Kyalami Orange stitching on Extended Black Novillo Leather and spec's as closely to the Lime Rock Park Edition as possible.

Black 359M wheels were unavailable due to the late order time. The seats from the LRP were not available to order, nor were the spoiler or front splitters.

Some of these, brought in through Calgary BMW had Individual Black Chrome Kidney Grills, Body Side Frame Grills and Exhaust Tips as an added option (7 or 11 of 23).

What I'm now trying to confirm is:

Was the "Fire Orange Edition" title included on build sheets or any official documentation at the time?

Of the 23, how many came with the Individual Black Chrome Kidney Grills, Side Vent Grills and Exhaust Tips?

Of the 23, how many came with the Indovidual Dark Kyalami contrast stitching?

If anyone knows for sure that they have one of the 23, and has a build sheet they would show me that would be hugely helpful!!
Asianoak143.00