BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #23
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You'll need both if going from a 90ah stock battery to a 40ah (smaller) battery, so the alternator doesn't nuke the new battery. For those using the 80ah size, the sizes are close enough to which you can get away with just registration.

If you're local, we can change the battery type/register for you. Let me know.
Thanks Tom! So much misinformation floating around. Just for clarity and to have it in a thread, does the order of coding matter? Like need to use BC for h6 size 1st then BL for 40ah 2nd, or order doesn't matter.

I'm not local ty for the offer though. Extra $30 for another app though and I should be set.
Quote:
Quote:
You'll need both if going from a 90ah stock battery to a 40ah (smaller) battery, so the alternator doesn't nuke the new battery. For those using the 80ah size, the sizes are close enough to which you can get away with just registration.

If you're local, we can change the battery type/register for you. Let me know.
Thanks Tom! So much misinformation floating around. Just for clarity and to have it in a thread, does the order of coding matter? Like need to use BC for h6 size 1st then BL for 40ah 2nd, or order doesn't matter.

I'm not local ty for the offer though. Extra $30 for another app though and I should be set.
^ This

Glad Tom came on board to clarify things.

Have to code/register my 40AH anti gravity soon! Have been putting off installing because of this
Appreciate 2
tom @ eas8188.00
BSM n54iS2684.50
      10-20-2021, 10:04 PM   #24
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

So I went to check out what options I had available. This is with Bimmercode, code as 60ah AGM like Tom has said. I have the Foxwell scan tool also and saw it has the option to register new battery.. But it wouldn't connect which was weird cuz it would connect for other things. So not sure, maybe have to get Bimmerlink to register new battery

Name:  D0AF8A7B-F652-4996-9132-88EA003C97FC.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  52.4 KB
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete

Last edited by BSM n54iS; 10-20-2021 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #25
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
So I went to check out what options I had available. This is with Bimmercode, code as 60ah AGM like Tom has said. I have the Foxwell scan tool also and saw it has the option to register new battery.. But it wouldn't connect which was weird cuz it would connect for other things. So not sure, maybe have to get Bimmerlink to register new battery

Attachment 2724653
So with bc did you choose the 60ah agm?

Cause I have the same, and from what Tom suggested I'd choose the lowest code it and then you'll be able to register it through bimmerlink.

I'm actually going to get bimmer tools, I think it's better than BimmerCode/link it's all in one but it only uses android. But there are more options for coding and everything is translated.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #26
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stE92M3 View Post
So with bc did you choose the 60ah agm?

Cause I have the same, and from what Tom suggested I'd choose the lowest code it and then you'll be able to register it through bimmerlink.

I'm actually going to get bimmer tools, I think it's better than BimmerCode/link it's all in one but it only uses android. But there are more options for coding and everything is translated.
I just ordered mine this week, waiting on shipping. But yes, I will be choosing the 60ah AGM option for the 40ah battery. I was almost about to splurge on the 60ah battery but I wouldn't actually be getting any extra advantage with it.

The other non-AGM options are for lead-acid batteries and as Tom suggested we want to only use the AGM option closest match to your ah available.

I haven't heard of Bimmertools, have ios rn anyways. I think I read Carly has the 40ah AGM option, but not sure if it actually goes through with the coding or just changes a title without actually going into the IBS or w/e. From what I can tell, the alternator is just going recharge the battery based on a 60ah AGM profile, but the AG BMS itself would cutoff any over-voltage supply to the battery, so sending out 60ah AGM voltage to the 40ah battery won't overcharge it anyways. Just my thinking
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #27
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
I just ordered mine this week, waiting on shipping. But yes, I will be choosing the 60ah AGM option for the 40ah battery. I was almost about to splurge on the 60ah battery but I wouldn't actually be getting any extra advantage with it.

The other non-AGM options are for lead-acid batteries and as Tom suggested we want to only use the AGM option closest match to your ah available.

I haven't heard of Bimmertools, have ios rn anyways. I think I read Carly has the 40ah AGM option, but not sure if it actually goes through with the coding or just changes a title without actually going into the IBS or w/e. From what I can tell, the alternator is just going recharge the battery based on a 60ah AGM profile, but the AG BMS itself would cutoff any over-voltage supply to the battery, so sending out 60ah AGM voltage to the 40ah battery won't overcharge it anyways. Just my thinking
I've heard the same with Carly, some are saying it goes through the programming steps but doesn't actually program.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 07:11 PM   #28
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Just installed, coded and registered the h6-40ah. Made a little thread for the n54 guys as I'm not sure many of them know about AG

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1870552
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8188.00
      10-29-2021, 07:23 PM   #29
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Just installed, coded and registered the h6-40ah. Made a little thread for the n54 guys as I'm not sure many of them know about AG

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1870552
Appreciate the shoutout.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
BSM n54iS2684.50
      10-30-2021, 01:22 AM   #30
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate the shoutout.
Ofc! Thanks again for all the help

(btw your guys' names have got to be THE hardest to tag )
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 02:50 PM   #31
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

So I might need a new IBS sensor The car seems to struggle going into sleep mode now.

I had the terminal 15 code and the 2e8d IBS sensor codes from the last battery, I didn't clear them before I registered and went driving last night. Everything stayed illuminated like my p3 gauge and start/stop, p3 showing constant 13.3v while locked. I came home and cleared the codes, then re-registered the battery again to be safe. Locked the car and went to sleep in 15-20s. Cool.

This morning though I went to the store and same thing, didn't go to sleep. Came home, didn't go to sleep either. Went to check codes and nothing shown, battery state of charge went up to 99%. Didn't do anything, just locked the car again and it went to sleep... no idea.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 02:14 PM   #32
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

^Thats not a good update. By "sleep" you mean start/button illuminated right? Is the key far enough away from the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #33
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
^Thats not a good update. By "sleep" you mean start/button illuminated right? Is the key far enough away from the car?
Yes that's what I mean, I don't have CAS. I found out today something's up with my p3 gauge in the OBD2 port. When I unplug it and turn car off it goes to sleep right away, but leaving it in all of a sudden now everything stays at 13.3v. Battery has nothing to do with it, other than it's powerful enough now to keep the charge

EDIT: I for whatever reason totally forgot or just didn't know the OBD2 will draw constant power, I've left that thing plugged in for years but it's always gone to sleep before too. Very weird.

Last edited by BSM n54iS; 11-01-2021 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #34
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

I hate to bump an old thread but I just installed my antigravity battery I ordered from EAS.

It’s a 60AH but bimmercode only shows 40ah AGM and the next one is 70ah AGM.

Which one should I choose?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
slcook541863.00
      11-29-2021, 09:06 AM   #35
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:

Just had my battery replaced and registered with Autel (by shop). Checked with Carly, nothing happened. Tried to reg with Carly, nothing. Regged with Bimmersgeek, worked fine (also according to Carly).
Sent Carly an note, not really expecting a change as I understand they've received complains on this before.

On the other hand never really understood how much the on board power mgmt can do. Sure a proper multi step charger can optimize the charge but the alternator is from what I've seen simply generating all the current its allowed. Ah well, I put in an smaller 80Ah non AGM this time, previous OEM batt only hold four years so figure how bad can it be.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #36
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
I hate to bump an old thread but I just installed my antigravity battery I ordered from EAS.

It’s a 60AH but bimmercode only shows 40ah AGM and the next one is 70ah AGM.

Which one should I choose?
You might need to change the type first with bimmerlink?
Appreciate 0