BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

07-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #1
Alexand3r
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 '12

Can't find DSC module is NSC Expert

So, my problem is the following - I'm trying to do the mph to kph conversion on the cruise control speed displaying. I did the VO coding and that is ok, but when I try to change the two values in the DSC module, I can't find such module in the NSC Expert! It's an LCI '92 M3 2011 and the only module that is similar to that is the M3DSC, which has like 5 functions in it and neither of them is the two I'm looking for... Any help would be appreciated! I can post a list of the modules I have, but I think I went trough ALL of them and they did not contain what I'm looking for.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 02:44 AM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

What VO did you add? Did you default code the corresponding modules? Default code KOMBI and DSC after adding the correct VO and the lines should be present in DSC
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2019, 05:47 AM   #3
Alexand3r
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalcoding View Post
What VO did you add? Did you default code the corresponding modules? Default code KOMBI and DSC after adding the correct VO and the lines should be present in DSC
I added $838 ( KANADA KM_TACHO ) and $548 ( KM_TACHO ).
I coded both the CAS and the NFRM modules with FA_WRITE after that to import those VO codes in them. But I should also do these two:

Dsc module
C0C_V_EINHEIT
Wert_00 ---> km/h
Wert_01 ---> mls

C0C_SETZ_V_MAX
Wert_01 ---> km/h
wert_02 ---> mls

The problem is, that when I press "Process ECU" and the list with the differen t modules comes on, there isn't a DSC module in the list only M3DSC which is not the one I need, because there is like 10 functions in it. I read that sometime it's called BDSC, but I don't have that either... The question is, WHERE IS MY DSC MODULE?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexand3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalcoding View Post
I added $838 ( KANADA KM_TACHO ) and $548 ( KM_TACHO ).
I coded both the CAS and the NFRM modules with FA_WRITE after that to import those VO codes in them. But I should also do these two:

Dsc module
C0C_V_EINHEIT
Wert_00 ---> km/h
Wert_01 ---> mls

C0C_SETZ_V_MAX
Wert_01 ---> km/h
wert_02 ---> mls

The problem is, that when I press "Process ECU" and the list with the differen t modules comes on, there isn't a DSC module in the list only M3DSC which is not the one I need, because there is like 10 functions in it. I read that sometime it's called BDSC, but I don't have that either... The question is, WHERE IS MY DSC MODULE?
M3DSC is the correct module. After writing the VO to CAS and NFRM you need to default code the corresponding modules, can't just add the VO you need to code the car telling it the vehicle order has changed. Go into NCS, choose KOMBI and M3DSC and SG_CODIEREN with a blank MAN file. After that it should show in KM
Appreciate 1