BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

Today, 11:34 AM   #903
Chrisss_GER
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I thought the i4 M50 will have 530hp as it was officially announced and not 470hp?
Or will there be an i4 M with 530 hp?

Maybe you can clarify that
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:45 AM   #904
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
i7 renamings, M3 CS shows up, i4 power is known.
So, for those keeping score:

iX xDrive40 320hp
iX xDrive50 515hp
iX M60 560hp

i4 eDrive35 300hp
i4 eDrive40 335hp
i4 M50 470hp

I suspect we'll soon learn that the numeric value in the name is a reflection of battery capacity only. In other words, I don't think there is any attempt here to correlate the badge to power output like there is with the gasoline and diesel lineups. For example, a future i4 xDrive40 will not make 320hp like the iX xDrive40 does. I say this not least because that would nonsensically put its output below the RWD eDrive40 model's output. Furthermore, an iX M50 (which probably won't exist, but theoretically could) would obviously not have only 470hp like the i4 M50 model does. This is because, again, that would nonsensically place it below the non-M xDrive50 model in the lineup.

TL;DR: when it comes to BMW EVs, don't try to guess motor output based on the badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisss_GER View Post
I thought the i4 M50 will have 530hp as it was officially announced and not 470hp?
Or will there be an i4 M with 530 hp?
I was wondering that as well. As you suggest, that may be another model coming later. However, a mere 12% bump in power for the flagship M model over its lesser sibling would be a bit of an uncharacteristic move. Perhaps they intend to deliver even more power for said flagship? They could use the 560hp setup from the iX M60, for example. Though, it's not clear if the i4 will support the "60" battery which is probably paired with the higher output motors in order to yield a more reasonable EPA range.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:14 PM   #905
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Hard to know, the current market looks to be very small. Autotrader only pulls up 165 M2's (includes OG, Comp, CS) and who knows how many of them will be manual (especially since dealers love to list DCT models as manuals). I'd imagine there will still be used examples available of course, you just might have to travel for one that you like.
Thanks for checking Autotrader. To add to that I only want one in blue with a sunroof lol. Slim pickings.
      Today, 12:51 PM   #906
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)

..Is there any chance of an electric Coupe in the BMW lineup? an i4 with the body of the G82 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So, for those keeping score:

iX xDrive40 320hp
iX xDrive50 515hp
iX M60 560hp

i4 eDrive35 300hp
i4 eDrive40 335hp
i4 M50 470hp

I suspect we'll soon learn that the numeric value in the name is a reflection of battery capacity only. In other words, I don't think there is any attempt here to correlate the badge to power output like there is with the gasoline and diesel lineups. For example, a future i4 xDrive40 will not make 320hp like the iX xDrive40 does. I say this not least because that would nonsensically put its output below the RWD eDrive40 model's output. Furthermore, an iX M50 (which probably won't exist, but theoretically could) would obviously not have only 470hp like the i4 M50 model does. This is because, again, that would nonsensically place it below the non-M xDrive50 model in the lineup.

TL;DR: when it comes to BMW EVs, don't try to guess motor output based on the badge.

I was wondering that as well. As you suggest, that may be another model coming later. However, a mere 12% bump in power for the flagship M model over its lesser sibling would be a bit of an uncharacteristic move. Perhaps they intend to deliver even more power for said flagship? They could use the 560hp setup from the iX M60, for example. Though, it's not clear if the i4 will support the "60" battery which is probably paired with the higher output motors in order to yield a more reasonable EPA range.
      Today, 12:52 PM   #907
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Does anybody have any idea on whether F87 M2Cs will still be on dealership lots around summer/autumn of 2022?

I'm really debating whether to lease an Alfa Giulia now or just wait another 1.5 yrs to get into an M2C once my post-grad training completes. I don't know if I'll like the G87 and know it will be a hot commodity/have no discounts at the time of it's launch, so I'd prefer the current model.
Used, sure, but new production on the F87 ends next month.
Probably be some new ones on lots with every possible accessory pushing the price up so high no one has bought it yet.
Appreciate 0