BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #1
Seven7
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

Where can I get my rims powdercoated or painted in the 604 area or in seattle?

Hey guys, I've been wanting to powdercoat or paint my wheels black for a while now. I did ask about this in the forum and I've got people telling me that pantherwheels or wheel fix it (in vancouver) are good places to go to. I've called them and both gave me a quote of 650-700 dollars for painting the wheels which also includes mounting, dismounting, and wheel balancing. Is this a fair price? It's a bit too expensive since I was expecting getting each of my rims done for 70-100 dollars. I've seen some people spoke of getting $70 per wheel for powdercoating but that was all the way down in california. Are there any other places any one of you in the forum can recommend me? I can go down to seattle to get my wheels done if there are no more options in vancouver! Many thanks!

Last edited by Seven7; 07-25-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

For paint that sounds a bit pricey for powder it isn't so bad. When painting most places will not strip your old paint completely off so it saves them time hence the price is lower. For powder they have to remove all the paint so the price goes up quite a bit.

With that said California will be less money but once you calculate shipping it may not be worth it...

I would say expect $100/wheel for paint + $150 for dismount and mount for paint and about $125-$150/wheel + $150 for dismount and mount for powder.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Seven7
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts View Post
For paint that sounds a bit pricey for powder it isn't so bad. When painting most places will not strip your old paint completely off so it saves them time hence the price is lower. For powder they have to remove all the paint so the price goes up quite a bit.

With that said California will be less money but once you calculate shipping it may not be worth it...

I would say expect $100/wheel for paint + $150 for dismount and mount for paint and about $125-$150/wheel + $150 for dismount and mount for powder.
Ahhh alright thank you very much. One forum member informed me about this place here in vancouver. They strictly do powder coating services. They quoted me $40 per rims. Should I be sketching about it?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

this place it awesome we send rims from victoria all the time never had any issues. its a //M car don't cheap out

http://www.greensautomotive.calls.net/
Appreciate 0