BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #287
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

When was the discussion ever about value? I simply pointed out current pricing of three vehicles (one that I own, and two that I have shopped in the past week).

This conversation actually started about how a CTS V fully loaded was significantly less expensive than a fully loaded M3....which it is.

The value will always be there to you, regardless of the vehicle as you are clearly a flag waving BMW fanboi. Period.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #288
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

If you utter laughible nonsense bullsh*t like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Even a completely base M3 sedan with zero options will be $75K.
and think I am the one who is a fanboi. You are seriously out of your mind. It is you who is trolling this M3 board and not me who on clublexus harping about M3.

Quote:
When was the discussion ever about value? I simply pointed out current pricing of three vehicles (one that I own, and two that I have shopped in the past week).

This conversation actually started about how a CTS V fully loaded was significantly less expensive than a fully loaded M3....which it is.

The value will always be there to you, regardless of the vehicle as you are clearly a flag waving BMW fanboi. Period.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #289
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
If you utter laughible nonsense bullsh*t like this:

and think I am the one who is a fanboi. You are seriously out of your mind. It is you who is trolling this M3 board and not me who on clublexus harping about M3.
You are so freakin' clueless.

A base M3 sedan is $69 900 with nothing. Add in GST, freight, pdi, clear bra, etc. and it will easily be $75K. GST alone is $3495. That alone brings it to $73395. Add in your freight, pdi, clear bra and dealer fees and you're easily $75K.

Apparently you've never sat with a sales guy and actually run numbers...that is very apparent.

How am I trolling? Show me once where I said anything negative about the M3? All I did was point out the incorrect statements that you made. That makes me a troll?

I've toured this site for ages but didn't join because of fanbois like you. There are many great members here that have some valuable information. Now that I'm back in the market and considering a new BMW (sold my X5 last week) I joined so I can get some info from those members that actually own the cars.

Just wondering which M3 you own? Oh that's right.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #290
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Nope. Love my F.

I need a third vehicle again since we just sold our X5. I already have an amazing SUV in the ML and a fun smaller car in the F, so I'm totally undecided.

The logical part of my brain (read the wife ) thinks that I should be getting a 535xi, or E class, or X35d. The other part says M3, C63 or V. The V makes more sense for fun as it's bigger and there are some amazing deals out there. I just need something to keep me moderately entertained until the next gen M5 is out when I'm ready to get rid of the F.

Glad to hear that you're loving your M3. Great car after your F. It's great to read some of your objective comparisons on both sites
Good luck in your search. I wouldn't mind a CTS-V sitting in my garage as an extra vehicle. Actually, considering you already have the F and ML, I would be looking for something along the lines of a Porsche 997. Once my boys are a bit bigger I plan to take the plunge and buy a P car.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #291
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Sorry, but this is clearly wrong. Obviously you have not been in one.
The CTS V is a direct competitor to the M5 in every way except price. It has all the luxury, technology, size and performance at a fraction of the price.

Hopefully the new M5 will justify the price premium.
Well ....

I sat in one last week. The back seat was cramped. About the same as my M3 and nowhere near the room in my old C5 RS6. So what if the numbers say it's closer to a 5 series. Real world room is closer to a 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #292
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Are you sure the trunk was not bigger?? Could be that the rear seat in the CTS-V is smaller. However, the trunk could possible be larger than M3??

I have seen it in real life and it looks like a huge car. Much bigger than the M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Well ....

I sat in one last week. The back seat was cramped. About the same as my M3 and nowhere near the room in my old C5 RS6. So what if the numbers say it's closer to a 5 series. Real world room is closer to a 3 series.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #293
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

The basic dimensions of the current M5 and CTS-V are identical:

113" wheelbase
191" length
57" height
72" width

However, there's not a lot of difference between those two and the E90:

109" wheelbase
180" length
57" height
72" width

The 3 and 5 series have grown much closer over the generations.
      11-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #294
Beau
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats to Michael Cooper! Great job man.

However no victory is ever won without some haters. I am a member of N54tech.com and this guy claims to know Michael Cooper, and is talking a lot of shit about him. His name is Lyle Lukas, and you can see what bs he's saying here:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...3901#post83901

Just thought Mr. Cooper should know, in case this is a real person who actually knows him.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #295
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post

However no victory is ever won without some haters. I am a member of N54tech.com and this guy claims to know Michael Cooper, and is talking a lot of shit about him. His name is Lyle Lukas, and you can see what bs he's saying here:

Just thought Mr. Cooper should know, in case this is a real person who actually knows him.
Just read the thread you pointed out. All I can say is Wow and WTF.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #296
the///Mthree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post

I do have an idea of who that is, but have never spoken to him EVER and his "idea" of the truth is very cute. Jealously can make people act like little B****ES. Considering I never talk to anybody I do not know, this would make it pretty difficult to address anybody with distain. Him and his friends may be a little jealous of the driving my friends and I tend to flaunt.

To show you how stupid that kid is..."My friend drives formula 1"...Anybody here know of any 18 year old American drivers in Formula 1?

Last edited by the///Mthree; 11-06-2009 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #297
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
Like I said in earlier posts- this event was put on by GM to have GM come out on top. You could not be an employee or endorser of the brand of car you were driving (except GM), you had to be titled owner of the car, the car must never been competed in a race event or modified in anyway. Also, the media could not cover it except for brief comments about the CTS-V all communication must be done through GM (No Thanks as I have an opinion and if I am participating in something I better be able to express it).

Lots of propaganda (successful), just goes to show how great the CTS-V is and how GM went bankrupt to build it. The development costs can never be recouped at the sale price of the vehicle so it was artificially subsidized by other (sub compact) model price inflations- something BMW refuses to do.

The CTS-V is a great product in terms of performance, there is no mistaking that and even pro-driver vs. pro-driver on the same track the CTS-V comes out on top as was evidence by last years race of ///M5 vs. CTS-V. No offense to Bill but he is not the one who should have driven the ///M5 last year as he has limited experience in it and it might have been closer with someone else behind the wheel.

Personally I was more impressed with how the ///M3 did when you compare the actually hp/weight ratio. Give the thing a 200 lbs. diet and the times would be closer.

-M
Come on, humble down on the m5. After I viewed the video below I think I would not ever want to see m5 and racing in the same sentence ever. The m5 is nothing more than a fat luxury sport sedans who looks like a morbidly obese american scrambling to get his last twinky before his heart packs in. And yes that applies to all luxury sport sedans (including mine). So when talking about racing with these cars keep in mind this is can not be any serious just for fun. For real RACING you have to look at F1.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #298
Beau
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by the///Mthree View Post
I do have an idea of who that is, but have never spoken to him EVER and his "idea" of the truth is very cute. Jealously can make people act like little B****ES. Considering I never talk to anybody I do not know, this would make it pretty difficult to address anybody with distain. Him and his friends may be a little jealous of the driving my friends and I tend to flaunt.

To show you how stupid that kid is..."My friend drives formula 1"...Anybody here know of any 18 year old American drivers in Formula 1?
Whoever he is, he's a dick. I tried to play the devil's advocate, but you can only argue with stupidity so much ya know. I think his name is Kyle Lukaszewicz and he works at Lynmor Motors in Huntington Station, NY - so yea, don't take your car there. who know's what he would do with it...

What an unprofessional idiot.
Appreciate 0