BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #23
cjpavao
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

brought mine in yeterday for the airbag recall and said they would check to see if they had the parts for the blower motor wiring. inside of two hours the car was done and then told me they had the parts and did both recalls. good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 05:48 AM   #24
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Asked my dealer to check and preoare for all 3 recalls i.e. airbag, fan blower and fuse power supply cable. Like always a bit worried when leaving the car, but as for free...
The ones that has done it, any particular areas that I should highlight for the SA to be careful with. Would hate to find stretched seats from the guys arm bowes leaning into the car, scratched trim etc.

OCD, me? Correct, in combination with a tad lack of complete dealer trust...😎

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 05:09 AM   #25
rks68rt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Dinan ZCP Black DCT

My blower motor stopped working on my 2011 about 2 weeks ago.
I have the Type 1 repair after taking a look underneath.
I called BMWNA Customer Care and voiced my concerns.
They called my dealer, set everything up and escalated my repair. I go in on Monday with a loaner car waiting.
So, it sounds like the repairs/parts are possible if you have total failure.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #26
nyc4runnin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

seems like the wire harness replacement is just a bandaid to the problem... Anyone still able to get the long term rentals for this issue ?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #27
nightkrawler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I’m a tech, do these couple times a week. The wiring to the resistor needs to be checked first and see if there is discoloration on the wiring. If so it gets the long harness and resistor. If none it gets the short harness only. Both have a redesigned connector. Difference is short is just basically a new connector, the long one is a better fix as the ground gets hooked to a point under the carpet and the power wire is inserted into the plug on the back of the fuse box where the original one is removed from. The long harness imo is a better fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #28
rks68rt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Dinan ZCP Black DCT

My blower motor stopped working due to the wiring being fried so I called BMWNA and they got me into my dealer for an immediate repair even though the dealer said they did not have parts. Mine was the Type 1 case.
They must be doing this only for high risk cases.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #29
nightkrawler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

It’s a matter of parts availability. Think of how many e90’s are one the road and pretty much all of them right now have the blower motor recalls and the PCV valve recalls open. They only have so many harness’s available at the moment. So the ones that are burnt are first priority.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #30
tagta3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Asked my dealer to check and preoare for all 3 recalls i.e. airbag, fan blower and fuse power supply cable. Like always a bit worried when leaving the car, but as for free...
The ones that has done it, any particular areas that I should highlight for the SA to be careful with. Would hate to find stretched seats from the guys arm bowes leaning into the car, scratched trim etc.

OCD, me? Correct, in combination with a tad lack of complete dealer trust...😎

Thanks
No I don't think you're being OCD. I took several pictures of the car before I dropped it off for all 3 recalls and I found no issues when I got it back. Make sure you take pics of the steering wheel, seats, plastic trim, the door panel next to the door sill (because that is removed for the battery cable recall). I felt weird inspecting the car for several minutes before I accepted it and even opened the glove box to take a peek at the fuse box and wiring to make sure nothing looked out of place before taking it. Yes it felt weird, yes I have trust issues but at the end of the day I have to own the headache if anything wrong happens so better be safe than sorry. After all we spent good money and time to search for these cars. I did end up with the short cable fix on the blower motor recall.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #31
TigerTater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP

Does this recall involve removing the dash? Any way to piggyback and evaporator replacement? Maybe to lessen the cost on my side ?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #32
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
I forgot about this recall until I saw this on the front page, so thanks for the reminder. I got my notice months ago and have heard nothing from BMW about even the possibility of a fix. I will have to give them a call later this week to get an update.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 02:02 PM   #33
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
Does this recall involve removing the dash? Any way to piggyback and evaporator replacement? Maybe to lessen the cost on my side ?
No, just the glove box.

I called last week about this and BMWNA said I should be getting my second letter soon. Last time they said by end of July but no dice.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #34
RD1M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JZB E92 M3

I had my car in for another issue last week and they did the blower motor wiring recall while it was there. I hadn't gotten a notice that the fix was available yet, but guess it's out there, just hasn't been widely communicated. My SA said there are 3 different fixes depending on the car, but they had the part in stock for mine, so seemed to be a quick fix.