BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
MunichMike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

HELP! - BavGruppe Headlight Issue -

I was hoping someone on here can help me with an issue I'm having with my new headlights with BavGruppe components.

I went with their V3 full DTM rings, carbon eyebrow with LED switch back strip, and LED corner bulbs. Whats happening is the rings and corner bulbs are intermittent. The corner bulbs will sometimes come on and sometimes wont, or when testing them turning on the emergency flashers, one corner will blink and the other side will delay and start blinking 30sec to a min later. I don't think its faulty bulbs because its happening on both sides.

As for the rings, they work perfectly when the cars on, but rarely work as welcome lights when unlocking the car. I've made sure the light switch is in Auto or On, and also got a new battery as I heard that could be what causes this issue.

I did have coding already done before these lights for eliminating the corner bulbs to only come on when using the turn signal, which is already recommended by Bavgruppe.

At this point I'm at a loss. If anyone has experienced this with these lights or other aftermarket headlight replacement parts please let me know! Your help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Sounds like minor coding value changes for lighting in NFRM. There are many wert values that effect individual bulb voltages.