BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase

EXXEL Distributions

05-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #199
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

speechless。。。。。
      05-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #200
Vaheb
Crunkster
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: many

WoW!

I would buy that in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #201
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3magine View Post
Jiz in my pants.

+1,000,000,000

That pup is SICK ! + Those wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #202
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Mind-boggling job with attention to details. Very tastefully done ... Classy!
      05-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #203
Simon@RENNSpec
Hong Kong
Rep

Great write up and incredible shots. Mad Props to the crew at IND and the rest who's involved in this project. See you guys tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #204
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironring Racing View Post
So at the end of the day, from the outside it’s a factory color, with bolt on wheels/brakes/exhaust/coilovers.......
You do understand that each item put on this car is top of line, it honestly doesn't get any better. The money put into this car is insane. The wheels alone are about $10k.

They put the best of best on this car and your worried about them not putting the hideous performance wheel.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 04:15 AM   #205
snoopy
Private
Rep
Drives: 350z touring

Quote:
The interior Carbon work is great, nice seats and roll cage.

I’m not normally a negative poster, but since you set this up as a mega project, I guess I’m more critical of it than other private mods.

From the start, all that work just to get a factory color? Why not a custom color? Personal choice, and impatient customer I guess.

So you basically killed all cooling to the driver’s side front brake by blocking most of the duct with the air intake filter, that’ll be great on the track.

Why didn’t you install the roll bar before painting, to make certain the color was an exact match? Could have been a timing issue I guess.

If the Ericsson doors take 8 weeks to make and import and you got them in 2, were they the demo set?

It’s an auto!?! Again, personal customer choice I guess.

If you wanted oil and water temps, why didn’t you install the BMW Performance LED wheel (the only manufacturer that I know of other than Ferrari that offers a wheel with rev indicators) which already has oil and water temp display, rather than the completely non-stock looking Stack gauges?

So at the end of the day, from the outside it’s a factory color, with bolt on wheels/brakes/exhaust/coilovers.......

And this is supposed to compete with Enzo Ferrari’s personal legacy? Fail.

Sorry, mostly nice mod job, but with the above as your target, and unlimited budget, not feeling it.

I know time was an issue, but no engine mods other than a bolt on supercharger/exhaust, or did you just not list them?

P.S. Opening line: “Humanity has been obsessed with time since the dawn of history.” History by definition is recorded events in time. So, in other words, we’ve been obsessed with time since the dawn of time. lol

Again, interior work is great. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, and/or hyper critical. Not my car, not my project. And if he's got all the $ in the world and doesn't car, all the better.

In my mind when you're building a full tear down, exclusive project, the possibility of a stock car rolling up beside with a few bolt on mods and from the outside looking EXACTLY the same, should be zero.
IND builds cars, they don't write poetry books lol. They tried to give a nice intro to the car and a short summary of what went into the build outside of the parts and labor. Personally i appreciated the narrative over " we had not time, here are the pictures "

No matter how much money you put into the car it'll still look like a stock car with bolt on rims, breaks, and exhaust from the outside. Unless you were thinking of a fast and furious body kit with a salad bar wing on the trunk. Now that would look ridiculous next to the buggatis and enzo.

The team at IND have proved over and over again that they know what they are doing and are able to produce head turning vehicles in sync with their customers desires. Why did they choose gauges over performance steering wheel? Why did they choose brembo over x? Why did they choose bbs over y? There are an infinite combinations of parts but i personally choose to believe that IND know which part best suits the essence of the project set forth by the customer, An essence and purpose that we will never know the details of.

Enjoy the pics of this masterpiece, putting a lot of money into a car doesn't require the car to scream " I'M WORTH MORE THAN YOUR LIFE ". I think this will make a fine addition to Mr. Norton's slew of exotic dreamhicles.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 04:23 AM   #206
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

amazing build two questions though.

1. do the leather panels on the front door and rear come off seperately or are they once piece with the panels?

2. did you guys manage to find us a PNP solution for the bmw perf seats (head rest restraint)?
      05-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #207
bmwturkiye.net
Private
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Thats what I call a M3 build
      05-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #208
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

amazing! you guys should have put the M logo on the seats tho! would be awesome if you could have done it the way it comes on the standard headrest.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #209
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

As a project by itself this is really impressive, especially the CF interior.

As a project with apparently unlimited budget, I would commission the M Division to get me a GTS federalized for the USA instead, IMO. After all, we are talking about an Enzo in the same sentence as an M3, and about money.

I really don't get the time constraints of the customer, but that's me.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #210
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Looking forward to seeing more pics of the wheels.
      05-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #211
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
The interior Carbon work is great, nice seats and roll cage.

I’m not normally a negative poster, but since you set this up as a mega project, I guess I’m more critical of it than other private mods.

From the start, all that work just to get a factory color? Why not a custom color? Personal choice, and impatient customer I guess.

So you basically killed all cooling to the driver’s side front brake by blocking most of the duct with the air intake filter, that’ll be great on the track.

Why didn’t you install the roll bar before painting, to make certain the color was an exact match? Could have been a timing issue I guess.

If the Ericsson doors take 8 weeks to make and import and you got them in 2, were they the demo set?

It’s an auto!?! Again, personal customer choice I guess.

If you wanted oil and water temps, why didn’t you install the BMW Performance LED wheel (the only manufacturer that I know of other than Ferrari that offers a wheel with rev indicators) which already has oil and water temp display, rather than the completely non-stock looking Stack gauges?

And this is supposed to compete with Enzo Ferrari’s personal legacy? Fail.

Sorry, mostly nice mod job, but with the above as your target, and unlimited budget, not feeling it.

I know time was an issue, but no engine mods other than a bolt on supercharger/exhaust, or did you just not list them?

P.S. Opening line: “Humanity has been obsessed with time since the dawn of history.” History by definition is recorded events in time. So, in other words, we’ve been obsessed with time since the dawn of time. lol

Again, interior work is great. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, and/or hyper critical. Not my car, not my project. And if he's got all the $ in the world and doesn't car, all the better.

In my mind when you're building a full tear down, exclusive project, the possibility of a stock car rolling up beside with a few bolt on mods and from the outside looking EXACTLY the same, should be zero.

Someone definitely forgot to take his meds!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #212
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Fuck, I want an M3 now.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #213
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

That interior is crazy!!! Is that Novillo leather that BMW uses on the ///Ms? Does it smell the same as new? Craziest build I've seen, lets get some vids!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #214
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

this is simply stunning! i looks AMAZING! this would be my perfect M3.
      05-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #215
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

Oh god i just read its going to be at Bimmerfest! IM GOING THERE NOW!!!!!
      05-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #216
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

That's an amazing build!

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #217
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Can some please shed some light as to who this Nelson guy is?
      05-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #218
Coach
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
Can some please shed some light as to who this Nelson guy is?
He's just a guy that loves all cars. They are driven hard and often, including track days. This car will see track time shortly after he receives it.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #219
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Astonishing build! Best i've seen yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #220
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep

just saw it in person. it was very nice. a lot of attention to detail and very good quality.