BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

05-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
DKiser
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3, 2011 M3

20" ADV.1 10.1 one-piece forged wheels going on ebay this week!

20" Adv.1 10.1 forged one-piece wheels. The best that ADV.1 offers!!

Custom made for e9x bmw m3 going on ebay this week for cheap cheap cheap!!!! Sold the car, need to get them out of my living room. 5 Tires included (4 mounted, 1 new unmounted), check back here or email at davidkiser@gmail.com for more details!!

Also selling on ebay this week: e9x H&R Sport springs!! Going on auction this week, low reserve!

David
Davidkiser@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
rastam3
Rep
Drives: 2008 m

nice wheels...GLWS
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
DKiser
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3, 2011 M3

Sorry guys for flaking there!!! I had to leave the country a little unexpectedly and it took a little longer to get done than I thought.....Ebay auction starts tomorrow, May 17 at 3pm PST. I will update with the URL for the wheel auction, AND an auction for my h&r springs.

Ad below, 2 pics attached, but ebay ad has lots of pics.

If questions, PLEASE EMAIL ME at davidkiser(at)gmail. I don't check the PM's here! Thanks, and sorry again for the delay.

20" ADV.1 10.1 One-Piece Forged Wheels in great condition!!! These lightweight wheels were custom made for a 2011 BMW M3 convertible, but will fit any e9x (model year 2008-present) BMW m3 model beautifully. One owner. I purchased these wheels new from Active Autowerke in Miami, FL...a well known BMW tuner and authorized ADV.1 retailer, and had them on the car for 29,000 miles before selling car. ADV.1 has many lines of wheels...if you look at their website, you will see that the one-piece forged are their finest model....don't settle for poorly made, heavy, and junky wheels on your Bimmer!

See www.aatuning.com and www.adv1wheels.com for more information about the companies and their offerings.

MSRP Prices for these wheels/tires New when I purchased were:

2 Fronts: $2,900
2 Rears: $2,940
Tires 2 Front: $540
Tires 2 Rear: $520
When including shipping costs, taxes, and tire installation, balancing, etc The price for these same wheels/tires is over $7,000.

5 (five) tires are included in the sale, which retail at $520 front, and $540 rear. The additional 5th tire is a front size. Nitto Invo's in sizes 255/30 ZR20 92Y Front, and 295/25 ZR20 95W Rear. While wider than the factory wheels, these wheels fit beautifully on the e9x M3, and the size was specifically designed for the e90/2/3 BMW M3. The wider wheels allow for more aggressive performance and look than the OEM factory, while maintaining good ride comfort IMO.

Wheels do have some minor rash on the edges in several places. Rash was caused by the mounting of tires to the wheels by someone that I later found to have an incorrect mounting machine for this size. I never returned to that tire company. Wheels have not ever been "curbed," and have been cleaned solely with Griot's Garage products at VERY regular intervals usually every other day or 2 days. I polished and waxed them often using Griot's Garage Fine Hand Polish, Metal Polish, Wheel Cleaning Clay, and Best of Show Wax. They were mounted on the car for 29,000 miles of use, and wheels may retain the use of TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor) function if you added the correct valves, which is very simple for a tire company to complete with OEM BMW parts.

Wheels:
ADV.1 10.1 One-Piece Forged
Slight rash on edges, NO major damage
NOT Equipped with tire monitors for TPM car systems, however that is a simple change of the valve procedure.
Diameter: 20"
Width Front: 8.5"
Width Rear: 10.5"

Official Company Images: http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels...on/ADV10_1.php
Official CompanyTechnical Specs: http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels...1pceforged.php

Tires:
Nitto Invo
Front: 255/30 ZR20 92Y
Rear: 295/25 ZR20 95W
4 tires mounted with less than 1000 miles on them. Deep tread, great condition.
1 front tire brand new, never mounted included as a bonus.

Pictures of wheels on car are on a 2011 e93 BMW M3 Convertible. 2008+ models have same body style, and will fit similarly. The car in pictures is lowered on H&R sport springs, please see my other auction HERE for these springs.

Since the convertible carries about 450+ pounds of extra weight over the sedan/coupe, it naturally sits lower than the same spring/wheel combination will sit on a sedan or coupe. This is natural from the BMW factory. Therefore, Front Tires do scrape on LOWERED convertible on occasion due to lower ride height than coupe, only when wheel turned to lock and throttle gunned. Rear tires do not scrape on lowered cars, and none of the wheels will scrape if the car is on OEM factory suspension.
They scrape only when wheel turned fully to lock on convertible lowered with H&R sport springs, however I believe that they will not rub on coupe or sedan models even when lowered, since the convertible naturally sits lower than the other models due to the excess weight of the hardtop mechanism. Since I have not owned the sedan or coupe models, I cannot guarantee that they will not scrape when lowered, however it is minimal even on the convertible, so I expect it is unlikely. None of the scraping affects daily driving, and did not damage my car to my knowledge over 29,000 miles.

Wheels do not come with TPM (Tire Pressure monitor) sensors installed. This is a simple installation with genuine BMW parts, however you must do this in order to have TPM function. TPM valves not included in sale price, work must be completed by buyer.

Buyer pays shipping, please contact for shipping rates. Seller cannot ensure safe shipping, so I highly recommend paying for insurance when shipping. Please contact for further pictures or information.

Happy Bidding!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0