BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

10-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Lance Armstong Nike Commercial

How Ironic lol.
[u2b]v=MIl5RxhLZ5U[/u2b]

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutballa View Post
How Ironic lol.
[u2b]v=MIl5RxhLZ5U[/u2b]
fail

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

So, ZERO failed drugs tests in the HUNDREDS he's taken, but we should believe the "eyewitness" testimony from people he competed against? And believe them? Or is it he found some uber drug that can't be detected by the tests?
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

can't really detect a blood boost (not that i'm accusing, just sayin')
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
So, ZERO failed drugs tests in the HUNDREDS he's taken, but we should believe the "eyewitness" testimony from people he competed against? And believe them? Or is it he found some uber drug that can't be detected by the tests?
When he claims that he's taken all these drug tests and never failed one, he's not telling you everything. Many substances can be detected and many cannot, and they also allegedly used techniques to mask them as well. Plenty spread across the internets, I don't have enough time to pull anything right now.
      10-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
When he claims that he's taken all these drug tests and never failed one, he's not telling you everything. Many substances can be detected and many cannot, and they also allegedly used techniques to mask them as well. Plenty spread across the internets, I don't have enough time to pull anything right now.
Don't spend any time looking, I really don't care about it that much.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
This is my feeling too, he passed every test that they gave him, and he is retired now. Move on.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
yeah, "eyewitness" testimony doesn't supersede drug testing in a court of law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
can't really detect a blood boost (not that i'm accusing, just sayin')
They can actually do that now. One of the things they are wanting to do is use today's technology to test his blood from all of his TDF victories. Not cool in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
The thing of it is, all the top cyclists in the world blood dope. That's why i don't think it's cool that they go back in time to test blood from years ago. The fact that he is the world's most tested athlete means he either dopes a little less than everyone else or doesn't do it at all. Not doing it at all is unlikely. I just don't understand what they want to accomplish with this investigation. Say they finally are able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did blood dope. Who are they going to give his titles to?? Are they going to investigate them just as aggressively? If they do what will happen is the person who finished in the spot behind their limits of blood testing will get the title because all of the top finishers were doping too.

They need to drop this crap, let life move on and be super vigilant going forward. In my opinion anyway. They are stopping him from contributing to other sports like Triathlon and Mtn biking by not letting him compete while under investigation. These other sports as a whole could really benefit and grow from his participation. I know of 4 people who signed up for a race here in FL just because he was going to be in it. I personally think that's lame but a lot of other people think being in the same race as him is super cool and i'm happy for them to be able to participate in a race that he is doing. Not something people could do with elite cycle races.
      10-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, they def need to stop the witch hunt, whether he cheated or not, who cares, they all do it.

I read something, not sure how true, but said something of the effect, if they disqualified everyone who tested positive, the next person in line for the titles would be the guy who finished 27th

but didnt Nike recently drop him?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Except that it isn't "hundreds". The number of times he's been tested is much lower than he and his lawyer claim in public statements.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post

but didnt Nike recently drop him?
After he resigned as chair of the foundation, they dropped him.
      10-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

The article I read said, not only did he supplement his successes but his entire team were all doing the same thing. As someone pointed out if you going to yank his wins who are you going to award them to and are you going to scrutinize them as closely. Maybe they will do like that did to Penn State void all their successes.

I did not and probably will not read the so call report that came out, so I am not sure what exactly they are claiming he and his team did. I did read some time ago about him over oxygenating his bloods and this improved his performance. So now Oxygen is a performance enhancing substance.

Anyway, here is my thought, if he was doing something and know it was a trick/illegal to get the edge on everyone and he knew it was wrong then no one should support him. But if he found a way which gives himself an edge which is only wrong now because everyone else is upset he figured it out first and they do not think it is fair too bad that is life..

For the car nuts, this is no different than when the superbrid came right off the show room floor and was beating ever NASCAR on the tack only to have it disqualify by NASCAR for being too fast. The same goes when Ford T-birds in the 80's were kicking everyone butt so they many ford put a restrictor plate on the carbs to hold back the car to make it a fair race.

Come on people you can not fault someone for figuring out an edge to improve their performance then get upset about it afterward because everyone else did not figure out the same thing.

It is just the sign of the time, another artifact of the cupcake generation, were everyone must win and made to feel good.

Last edited by Maestro; 10-18-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Radamez
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 XDrive / Imperial Blu

I can see if the guy admitted he did it and there was proof of failed drug tests then I could understand why all his sponsors would bail on him. I guess allegations are enough in the doping era.
      10-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
dicey topic. If he indeed hid it from the world while claiming he didn't, obviously there is something seriously wrong with that. He may face charges as a result, on top of the monetary sponsorship he received under a "clean" record. Yes, most of the top cyclists were involved in doping somehow. Someone needs to clearly draw the line between nutrition and doping, because supplements these days contain all sorts of crap in their ingredients list.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
Maestro
Major
Rep

One other point I will make on this, remember the USADA who is making the claims is a US agency, therefore, as an individual you have no due process with an US agency they can come after you as they like and do not have to prove anything in court of law. They are not law enforcement but have been granted the right to enforce laws.

It is like the DEA, they can break in your house and kill your dog and accuse you of dealing drugs and do not need a warrant and when they are wrong they can walk away and there is nothing you can do since they are not Police.

So before you decide to weight in on this keep this information in mind. In this case the USADA will claim success since they cost Lance Millions of dollar in legal fees and future earning and they did not prove anything and Lance has been stripped of everything just to stop the ongoing which hunt.

The other thing, if they really had a case and knew he broke a law they definitely would have had the authorities arrest him.

Last edited by Maestro; 10-19-2012 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Exactly, if there was indisputable evidence this would have been over long ago.
      10-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #17
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
fail

WEIRD I swear I embedded the video right lol. Thanks.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #18
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

sometimes you back off just to diffuse the situation. but the problem is that once you back off even a little, the wolves think you're soft... they figure it's fear and just come looking for more
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Maestro
Major
Rep

Reading more on this, The USADA chase solely sit on the fact he pass all the test they are assuming because he pass he much have done something they could not have detected. They essentially are asking him to prove he his not a witch by allowing them to drown him in a lake and if he survives the was doping and if he dies then he was telling the true. He has to prove he was not doing what they claim but he is not allow to use the tests results as proof.

Their other claim is the only way he could have done this is he enlisted lots of people include people in the labs to alter the results. Really they think there is a massive conspiracy to cover this up. So now our government is into conspiracy, I thought we got rid of the McCarthy era, however, of government covers so much up they do not trust anyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
rdub315
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Reading more on this, The USADA chase solely sit on the fact he pass all the test they are assuming because he pass he much have done something they could not have detected. They essentially are asking him to prove he his not a witch by allowing them to drown him in a lake and if he survives the was doping and if he dies then he was telling the true. He has to prove he was not doing what they claim but he is not allow to use the tests results as proof.

Their other claim is the only way he could have done this is he enlisted lots of people include people in the labs to alter the results. Really they think there is a massive conspiracy to cover this up. So now our government is into conspiracy, I thought we got rid of the McCarthy era, however, of government covers so much up they do not trust anyone.
Have you seen the 30 for 30 episode '9.79' on ESPN? Very interesting watch... no doubt there are conspiracies to protect high profile US Olympic athletes like Carl Lewis. And my belief is that Lance was protected for several years as well.
- VTT Stage 2 turbos, VTT inlets, Cobb Pro Tune (E30 and 93 octane tunes), MFactory LSD, 335is clutch, CSF radiator, slim fans, Walbro 255, AE exhaust, AA downpipes, ETS FMIC, Vishnu DCI, ETS charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS OCC
- H&R Touring Cup Kit, Apex Arc8, M3 style front bumper, MTech style rear bumper and diffuser
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

What I find interesting is that NIKE will stick with a "cheater" (Tiger Woods) who publicly admitted it but they won't stick with an "accused cheater."
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
What I find interesting is that NIKE will stick with a "cheater" (Tiger Woods) who publicly admitted it but they won't stick with an "accused cheater."
Huge difference between cheating at your sport (Lance) and cheating on your wife (Tiger) or murdering animals (Vick). The latter two are forgivable if you keep winning (see Vick, not so much Tiger). The former is a death sentence. Nike cannot be associated with cheating at sports. The other stuff happens off the field, so no biggie.
Appreciate 0