BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
caffeen8
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 05 X5 4.4

Specific E90 wheel question

I know this topic has nearly been beaten to death here, but there is info I still can't find anywhere. I have searched countless of "wheel" threads, but still nothing.

My question surrounds 19" aftermarket wheels. Either VMR 710 or ADVAN RS on a E90 M3. Even after speaking to the manufacturers I have my doubts, because they keep referring to the E92 M3 (and I know that the clearance in the back is different on the E92 M3 vs the E90 M3). The V710 does not come in a 9" (either 8.5, 9.5", 10 or 11 width); the ADVAN does come in a 9 & a 10. I'm concerned with rubbing issues.

Does anyone have this set-up on their E90 M3? And if so, what tire size are people using. I don't want to have to roll fenders etc. My car is not lowered, nor do I plan on lowering it. From reading the threads I see that not every tire is the same "size". I was planing on either Yokos or Toyos (255/285) If people are using other tires I'm all ears.

Besides the rubbing concern I also don't want the rims to be "sticking" out too far (and yes, I know I must get the offset correct)

Could someone with this setup post some pix and provide info. I'd be a very happy camper. Thanks
Appreciate 0