BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2020, 10:31 PM   #947
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone help me how to use the HDMI port in the Joyeauto carplay. Can I use AnyCast for wireless I phone mirror?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 11:53 PM   #948
vorkachev
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera 4S Executive
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Russia, Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
Sorry I dont have ISPBOOT.BIN, the only file I have is appcore.enc (same as 1629 MCU given below). Let me know which file to download in Joyeauto site and I can share it with you.
Thank you very much for your help. Id ask for this two files if possible

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 03:06 AM   #949
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkachev View Post
Thank you very much for your help. Id ask for this two files if possible



Youtube:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSJB_-DZJFSrEYj...GaG8e?e=Akr2jO

Wired CarPlay:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSJB_-DZJFSrEdI...OAFci?e=kFqAXo
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #950
vorkachev
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera 4S Executive
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Russia, Moscow

iTrader: (0)

May be the first file (Youtube was not fully downloaded or uploaded, I cannot unpack it, it gives errors.) And I suppose that size of a file is too small, I expected it to be almost 100mb, not 67mb. Could you please be so kind to check?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 04:16 AM   #951
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkachev View Post
May be the first file (Youtube was not fully downloaded or uploaded, I cannot unpack it, it gives errors.) And I suppose that size of a file is too small, I expected it to be almost 100mb, not 67mb. Could you please be so kind to check?
I checked it, its just 68 MB
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 04:19 AM   #952
vorkachev
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Porsche Panamera 4S Executive
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Russia, Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
I checked it, its just 68 MB
Sorry, I was incorrect. 7zip was unable to unpack it, but winrar did a trick. Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 04:32 AM   #953
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

All working passwords on Joyeauto site as of today

Download: joyedow
Installation: joyeins
Tech Support: joyetec
User Manual: joyeauto*
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #954
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
For last few days I am getting random errors on my dashboard when I use the car-play

1. In the mid of the driving the DSC/DTC deactivated warning comes up and driving becomes very different specially on high speed. I need to put it on side and restart for it to work again. Pressing the DSC button doesn't help
2. A dot appears on the Odometer, which I guess is the "tamper proof" because of mismatch between odometer readings in CAS and Cluster/Key.

3. Odometer reading goes to "-----" temporarily, and comes back.

All wires are connected and carplay works, music gets into pause mode and warning goes off but the dot stays until the car resets (15 minutes of so after taking out the key)

Any one else who faced this with Joyeauto for CIC.
I seem to have found a solution to the KCAN fault problem mentioned above. I will post a detailed overview and solution in few days. If any one is interested to try and test my solution please connect. So far no errors have popped in last 2 days but would be nice if we could test and try in few other aimilar models with same problem.
__________________
Y
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #955
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Solution: KCAN fault after installation - CIC Joyeauto Carplay

As discussed in this post if you are getting KCAN fault you can try following solution.

Please try this at your own risk.

Following were my car specs and fault code details.

BMW-E90 LCI with CIC and Combox media

Joyeauto Carplay for CIC with aftermarket joyeauto reverse camera and dvr system (front and back)

Fault Code Details after CARPLAY installation
Primary Fault - This error would stay as long as the carplay is installed as oppose to other intermittent fault codes

00E2C4 - CON- K-CAN Line fault

Secondary Fault - These errors would appear randomly while driving. The visual sign was DTC/DSC deactivation symbol would appear on the screen, temper protection dot would appear on the KOMBI (odometer cluster).

00E2D6 - Message (kilometre reading, 0x330) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter KOMBI
00E2D4 - Message (terminal status, 0x130) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter Car Access System

Visually it would look something like shown in the pic.

Error explanation to the best of my knowledge.
System detects KCAN fault on the controller module (CON)-which is nothing but your Idrive knob module. As KCAN line connects other modules like KOMBI and CAS (Odometer Cluster and Car Access Control), it starts throwing out random error, as it thinks that there is KCAN fault and it cannot send information. Also as CAS (car access system) module needs to sync with KOMBI (EEPROM) and Car Key to sync the Odometer reading through the KCAN line, failure to do so, will result in tamper dot, which generally signifies that mileage data in CAS doesn't match with the one in KOMBI or Car Key.

When I removed the CARPLAY everything was back to normal and there was no fault code.

So what is causing this error - again to the best of my knowledge (and some help from experts in other forums)
KCAN in BMW E90 works on a certain voltage range.
During idle KCAN High and KCAN Low both are at 2.5 V
During engage KCAN High goes to 3.75 V and KCAN Low to 1.25 V
Any deviation from these values (and certain error percentage built in), system registers a fault in a particular module. I used multi meter to measure the KCAN voltage with and without CARPLAY, with CARPLAY KCAN high was around 12 V and KCAN low was fixed at 1.25 V, so the problem was with KCAN High resulting in CON module KCAN line fault.

Solution: What all you need
1. Upgrade your MCU to the latest version - Jan 19 2020 (get the file here, how to?)
2. Upgrade your SDK to the latest version - 25.0.0.4.0.0.12.4 (get the file here, how to?)

These upgrades are expected to solve this problem, but unfortunately for me it did not. For the next steps you would need the following tools as well as some coding knowledge using NCSEXPERT (specific to E series)

3. You would need BMW Standard tools (get the file here)
4. You would also need K+DCAN connector or if you prefer ICOM to code your Car (costly affair)
5. Using NCSExpert (learn here) you need to get the trace file for ZBE module (same as CON module) and change the following line as highlighted below (refer picture also). Post that you can use "SGCODERIN" command to load the new .MAN file and you will be good to go.

Change this
PHP Code:
U_MIN_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
and also change this
PHP Code:
U_MAX_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
This should do the trick, at least for me it has worked like a charm and no error (permanent or intermittent) for last 4 days. Other forum members can test this and report back if this actually solves the problem. I will update the post accordingly basis any further observations or outcomes.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Y
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 12:30 AM   #956
Fede16
New Member
Fede16's Avatar
Argentina
5
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: bmw 135
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Argentina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
As discussed in this post if you are getting KCAN fault you can try following solution.

Please try this at your own risk.

Following were my car specs and fault code details.

BMW-E90 LCI with CIC and Combox media

Joyeauto Carplay for CIC with aftermarket joyeauto reverse camera and dvr system (front and back)

Fault Code Details after CARPLAY installation
Primary Fault - This error would stay as long as the carplay is installed as oppose to other intermittent fault codes

00E2C4 - CON- K-CAN Line fault

Secondary Fault - These errors would appear randomly while driving. The visual sign was DTC/DSC deactivation symbol would appear on the screen, temper protection dot would appear on the KOMBI (odometer cluster).

00E2D6 - Message (kilometre reading, 0x330) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter KOMBI
00E2D4 - Message (terminal status, 0x130) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter Car Access System

Visually it would look something like shown in the pic.

Error explanation to the best of my knowledge.
System detects KCAN fault on the controller module (CON)-which is nothing but your Idrive knob module. As KCAN line connects other modules like KOMBI and CAS (Odometer Cluster and Car Access Control), it starts throwing out random error, as it thinks that there is KCAN fault and it cannot send information. Also as CAS (car access system) module needs to sync with KOMBI (EEPROM) and Car Key to sync the Odometer reading through the KCAN line, failure to do so, will result in tamper dot, which generally signifies that mileage data in CAS doesn't match with the one in KOMBI or Car Key.

When I removed the CARPLAY everything was back to normal and there was no fault code.

So what is causing this error - again to the best of my knowledge (and some help from experts in other forums)
KCAN in BMW E90 works on a certain voltage range.
During idle KCAN High and KCAN Low both are at 2.5 V
During engage KCAN High goes to 3.75 V and KCAN Low to 1.25 V
Any deviation from these values (and certain error percentage built in), system registers a fault in a particular module. I used multi meter to measure the KCAN voltage with and without CARPLAY, with CARPLAY KCAN high was around 12 V and KCAN low was fixed at 1.25 V, so the problem was with KCAN High resulting in CON module KCAN line fault.

Solution: What all you need
1. Upgrade your MCU to the latest version - Jan 19 2020 (get the file here, how to?)
2. Upgrade your SDK to the latest version - 25.0.0.4.0.0.12.4 (get the file here, how to?)

These upgrades are expected to solve this problem, but unfortunately for me it did not. For the next steps you would need the following tools as well as some coding knowledge using NCSEXPERT (specific to E series)

3. You would need BMW Standard tools (get the file here)
4. You would also need K+DCAN connector or if you prefer ICOM to code your Car (costly affair)
5. Using NCSExpert (learn here) you need to get the trace file for ZBE module (same as CON module) and change the following line as highlighted below (refer picture also). Post that you can use "SGCODERIN" command to load the new .MAN file and you will be good to go.

Change this
PHP Code:
U_MIN_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
and also change this
PHP Code:
U_MAX_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
This should do the trick, at least for me it has worked like a charm and no error (permanent or intermittent) for last 4 days. Other forum members can test this and report back if this actually solves the problem. I will update the post accordingly basis any further observations or outcomes.
The solution is interesting but the problem remains.
It is not good that I send the 12 volt carplay to KCAN high.
It would be necessary to see how to physically limit the current in the carplay to the maximum tolerated by the KCAN high, which would be 3.75 V.
I don't know how it could be done but it would be a better solution than coding
I have the cable and all the programs but it would be to cover the problem and we would not know if in the long run we would end up damaging the electrical installation.

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #957
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede16 View Post
The solution is interesting but the problem remains.
It is not good that I send the 12 volt carplay to KCAN high.
It would be necessary to see how to physically limit the current in the carplay to the maximum tolerated by the KCAN high, which would be 3.75 V.
I don't know how it could be done but it would be a better solution than coding
I have the cable and all the programs but it would be to cover the problem and we would not know if in the long run we would end up damaging the electrical installation.

Many thanks!
The above MCU update takes in account the correct voltage that is needed, but for some reason ZBE will following part number (9205177) still throws the error for which coding is needed - I tried with another ZBE module from bmw x1 with part no (9249439) for which coding was not needed! I used the same car and carplay setup while testing!

I am still working on this to check the Minimum and Maximum voltage for fault code to get registered, unable to find any answer so far! For now my problem is solved and will pause this effort until COVID 19 lock-down is over in Philippines
__________________
Y
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #958
Fede16
New Member
Fede16's Avatar
Argentina
5
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: bmw 135
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Argentina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
The above MCU update takes in account the correct voltage that is needed, but for some reason ZBE will following part number (9205177) still throws the error for which coding is needed - I tried with another ZBE module from bmw x1 with part no (9249439) for which coding was not needed! I used the same car and carplay setup while testing!

I am still working on this to check the Minimum and Maximum voltage for fault code to get registered, unable to find any answer so far! For now my problem is solved and will pause this effort until COVID 19 lock-down is over in Philippines
the problem is caused by lack of compatibility with the idrive control ??
I have to check which version I have (9205177) (9249439)

I updated the mcu the other day and it failed me but it took longer to show the error was the previous version to this one that you passed.

I have to try this

sdk 25.0.0.3.7.0.1.0
mcu Dec 132019 18:11:15 V0.1

I will update. see if it works better

Because of the virus that is turning around, in my country you can circulate

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:01 AM   #959
iAjking
Private
United_States
18
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

youbarajs

Does Joyeauto work on CCC?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:05 AM   #960
youbarajs
Enlisted Member
youbarajs's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW 338i, BMW 328i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Philippines

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAjking View Post
youbarajs

Does Joyeauto work on CCC?
Yes

Link

Connect with Enrique +86 158 8973 6925

PS: I am not associated with Joyeauto
__________________
Y
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST