BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

02-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
fllpunk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 REX

Anyone here from / in Japan!?

Going to Tokyo in a few weeks. Any hints of affordable places to stay etc etc. Sights to see? Any punk rockers in here??

As usual, this trip will be completely improvisational (like that time I ate liver pate and crackers for 2 days in Ontario sleeping in the hatch of my old z3 coupe)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
i went to japan last year in August for 3 weeks doing the temples and sights tour. ah lets see, my advice is don't rent a car whatever you do, take the trains everywhere. If you're short on cash don't go, because you'll probably spend $1000.00 a week minimum. If you need a cheap place to stay, they have these business hotels that rent single rooms for about 600 - 800 yen ($60-80) that basically have enough room for a bathroom and the bed but are clean! lets see, if you're staying in Tokyo and want to check out the night life the Roppongi district is good. there are a few english speaking bars there. As for the clubs, most of them you pay by the hour but can drink unlimited during the hours you've paid for. Also almost none of the clubs are street level, you'll have to check out the different floors and the different clubs. i think we went to club 911 and that was fun, met some british strippers and they were pretty chill. hmm as for food, their american breakfast sucks, if you like fish always go with the japanese breakfast at the hotels. The Katsu burger isn't as good as it looks (you'll know what i'm talking about) You'll have to try these types of resturaunts: Yaki Nikku (japanese bbq, kobe beef), their Unagi houses (an Eel steak house, don't get freshwater eel), their pork broth ramen with roast pork and garlic is to die for! and the sushi is amazing (I recommend the "Toro" a must) One last thing, and this will absolutely blow you away, go to the supermarket or farmers market and buy a box of grapes, now they'll be $14 for a small box, but you'll never taste grapes or fruit in general this good anywhere else! I promise you! hope this helps

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
fllpunk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 REX

sweet! thanks a lot for the tips! I am planning on staying in Tokyo near Uena(sp?). Im getting a good deal on a Marriot room for $70. No car (I figured I won't need it). Im stoked
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Find a shabu shabu house, those own, and make sure you visit Shibuya
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Find a shabu shabu house, those own, and make sure you visit Shibuya
Shibuya & Harajuku = shopping districts, very cool. Also if you've seen lost in translation and you see them walk by that hugh LCD screen with the dinasour walking on it, this is where it's at. If you're 20 something these are good shopping districts, if you are looking for more distinguished clothing (also expensive) check out the department stores in the Ginza.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
How about the love motels?