BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

12-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #45
Surfclown
Is this thing on?
Italy
Rep
Drives: the point home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFlight View Post
The 5% scare could also be a way for the dealership to trick me into buying the M3 as soon as possible instead of waiting until March. It all comes down to selling as many cars as possible I guess. Only time will tell.
Since I ordered for March, I'm hoping that's the case. I'm glad you said it, because it crossed my mind. Although the other thing that crossed my mind is that fewer cars sell in a bad economy, and the fewer who do buy may not be as swayed by an increase of 5% (though substantial) and thus making up some revenue from the non - buyers.

Well, I have my fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFlight View Post
The 5% scare could also be a way for the dealership to trick me into buying the M3 as soon as possible instead of waiting until March. It all comes down to selling as many cars as possible I guess. Only time will tell.
Wait, are you implying a dealer would lie in order to make a sale quicker? No, say it ain't so......

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #47
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
good info will keep this in mind when i purchase a m3
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #48
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

A 5% price increase would seem to be quite detrimental to sales. I cannot imagine that happening unless it accompanied a complete redesign of the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #49
darkalley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gone- 08 DCT SSII, 2006 SMG
Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
A 5% price increase would seem to be quite detrimental to sales. I cannot imagine that happening unless it accompanied a complete redesign of the car.

That sounds to me like the dealer is trying to scare customers into buying now. If I know one thing, the dealers are the last to know about anything.... In this market I find it hard to believe BMW would make such a move.
      12-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #50
CORTDD
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Certainly BMW can do whatever it wants as far as price. However, from what I see, there is no shortage of M3's on US dealers' lots. My local dealer has two white M3s that they have't sold for a while.

A 5% price increase would likely only make this situation worse. Demand for a $70,000+ sports car in this market must be soft. Add to the problem, the lack of any financing deals on 2010+ M3's.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 03:59 AM   #51
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
They can increase the price 5% if they want, I'm still ordering my car in March/April timeframe, lol...

I've waited too long to save the money, a bit extra won't matter to me at this point. Do what makes you happy, am I right?
      12-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #52
AMMZING
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Acura TSX/2003 Mazda6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORTDD View Post
Certainly BMW can do whatever it wants as far as price. However, from what I see, there is no shortage of M3's on US dealers' lots. My local dealer has two white M3s that they have't sold for a while.

A 5% price increase would likely only make this situation worse. Demand for a $70,000+ sports car in this market must be soft. Add to the problem, the lack of any financing deals on 2010+ M3's.
if indeed there is no shortage of M3s on the dealers' lots, then i hope that it will be the same situation come this summer
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #53
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalley View Post
That sounds to me like the dealer is trying to scare customers into buying now. If I know one thing, the dealers are the last to know about anything.... In this market I find it hard to believe BMW would make such a move.
Not really, BMW and Merc are going the way of Audi, they way they used to be. They are going to price to make money, not to sell. BMW is changing is strategy of trying to grab market share and going back to trying to just make money. If they sell 1,000,000 units great. If they sell 100,000 units still great.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 02:00 AM   #54
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

2010s will drop on the lots big time, basically only a 6month run lolz
      12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #55
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Oh well.... just took delivery of mine - love it in either case - and really don't mind what upgrades they bring out - always bound to happen!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #56
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

To the list of "Competition Package" details you can add a retuned "Sport" mode for the EDC. Also, it will be offered with different wheels (the GTS style) but in silver only and with STANDARD tire sizes, nothing more aggressive. The suspension drop of approx. 10mm will be there too.

And that's it with exception of some minor cosmetic stuff inside. No bigger brakes, no more power. In effect, it'll be a close competitor to the Edition model which in reality is a close competitor to the standard version. Still no info on the price though, I'll advise when I get it - all of M Div is now on holidays and won't be back till the first week of January which is probably when BMW will put out something official about this thing - maybe for NAIAS week??

Sorry if this is disappointing to some.....or maybe a good thing for those who thought they missed out on something big by ordering a 2010. I'm still excited about it and the best thing is I won't have to worry about dropping the suspension with aftermarket springs.

Regards and Merry Christmas everyone!!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #57
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
To the list of "Competition Package" details you can add a retuned "Sport" mode for the EDC. Also, it will be offered with different wheels (the GTS style) but in silver only and with STANDARD tire sizes, nothing more aggressive. The suspension drop of approx. 10mm will be there too.

And that's it with exception of some minor cosmetic stuff inside. No bigger brakes, no more power. In effect, it'll be a close competitor to the Edition model which in reality is a close competitor to the standard version. Still no info on the price though, I'll advise when I get it - all of M Div is now on holidays and won't be back till the first week of January which is probably when BMW will put out something official about this thing - maybe for NAIAS week??

Sorry if this is disappointing to some.....or maybe a good thing for those who thought they missed out on something big by ordering a 2010. I'm still excited about it and the best thing is I won't have to worry about dropping the suspension with aftermarket springs.

Not disappointing for me at least, makes our RS46 M3 Club Sport much more special indeed. lol!
      12-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #58
mvagusta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3 coup

so no tail light upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #59
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta View Post
so no tail light upgrade?
Ooops, forgot that, sorry. Yes, the Comp. Pkg. will be designated as a 2011 along with the rest of the 3 ser family (as posted a hundred times) and therefore receives the new rear lights and whatever other minor interior changes/upgrades the regular coupes get.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #60
AMMZING
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Acura TSX/2003 Mazda6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post

by "minor" how minor are we talking about. Hmmn, it seems like most of us could live without the competition package, but wheels do look sexy though
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #61
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

comp model doesnt seem worth it imo
      12-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #62
Nater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Briskly

ZCP For 2011 M3

Noticed yesterday that 2011 3-Series were availible to order for March production... So naturally I went to a build an M3 to see if there were any changes in the options. Looking through the exterior colors first, it appears that there are no changes to them or the interior colors either. However going to the next page I noticed an option that has not appeared since the 2006 E46 M3... the Competition Package! There is no info on what is included yet and no pricing info either, but noticed that EDC is required to order it. So sorry that I do not have anymore info on what it is but I can imagine it will be very similar to the old ZCP along with whatever changes are instore for the LCI. Also it appears it will be availible on the E90 and E92, but not the E93.

Your CA should be able to confirm this as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #63
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
Noticed yesterday that 2011 3-Series were availible to order for March production... So naturally I went to a build an M3 to see if there were any changes in the options. Looking through the exterior colors first, it appears that there are no changes to them or the interior colors either. However going to the next page I noticed an option that has not appeared since the 2006 E46 M3... the Competition Package! There is no info on what is included yet and no pricing info either, but noticed that EDC is required to order it. So sorry that I do not have anymore info on what it is but I can imagine it will be very similar to the old ZCP along with whatever changes are instore for the LCI. Also it appears it will be availible on the E90 and E92, but not the E93.

Your CA should be able to confirm this as well.
The "nickel and dime" new approach to optioning a BMW is getting to the point of ridiculousness, completely unbecoming of this brand and marketplace.

Just make EDC part of the ZCP and that's it.

Last edited by Technic; 12-28-2009 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #64
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Hmm.. anyone have more info?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #65
Nater
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The "nickel and dime" new approach to optioning a BMW is getting to the point of ridiculousness, completely unbecomming of this brand and marketplace.

Just make EDC part of the ZCP and that's it.
You are probably right, I think EDC is probably part of the package, I just noticed that when you order the ZCP, EDC comes with it... so not sure which way it will be. Whichever way it is the Competition Package cars will all have EDC it appears. I apologize, like I said before I have very limited information at this time.

I also agree with you in the fact that some of their pricing on options is rediculous, and I am sure that however they decide to include the EDC, none of us will be getting it for free...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #66
Nater
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRideTheWhip View Post
I don't see it on the bmwusa.com website, and I am building an e92.
You can only build 2010s right now on BMWUSA.com, this is for 2011s that are going into production in March. BMW usually does not update their website until the current model year has officially ended for a particualr model.
Appreciate 0