BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

04-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #133
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
would hold off for a used set. my car particularly is a bit lower then most but when I want to attend certain events I switch things up. Not to mention running more aggressive tires etc its so much easier to lift the car up if I need to or lower it back down. But I am particular about things like that.
Ill take the advice, haven't steered me wrong yet hahaha! I may just cough up the coin and get a new set, lets see what my bill is here first and then what it'll be at my detailer getting it "refreshed".
      04-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #134
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

i had B&G springs on my e90 m3 for about 8k miles, and hated every second of it. The drop was very nice, aesthetically i was happy, but the ride with EDC shocks was horrible. Very bouncy, bottomed out all the time, the whole time i wished i left the stock springs on. Im about to purchase my 2nd e90 m3, this one i will hold out for the Bilstein EDC compatible Coilovers.

The KW HAS kit is also in the same category as the B&G springs IMHO. They are just a temporary fix to the ride height, not really a solution that is going to be good all around.
Appreciate 1
derbo3592.00
      04-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #135
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
i had B&G springs on my e90 m3 for about 8k miles, and hated every second of it. The drop was very nice, aesthetically i was happy, but the ride with EDC shocks was horrible. Very bouncy, bottomed out all the time, the whole time i wished i left the stock springs on. Im about to purchase my 2nd e90 m3, this one i will hold out for the Bilstein EDC compatible Coilovers.

The KW HAS kit is also in the same category as the B&G springs IMHO. They are just a temporary fix to the ride height, not really a solution that is going to be good all around.
Interesting. From what I gather, the EDC shocks have to be in good shape to handle a drop and proper bump stops must be installed. Ill take the gamble and keep my ZCP springs in case.
      04-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #136
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:

Which is why I would go with Eibachs. I've read that they maintain nearly identical ride quality to stock while providing a slight drop from ZCP. Just enough to never bottom out with E36 bump stops or scrape everywhere, but still eliminate the wheel gap. I'm not a stance queen though and would set it and forget it at a mild height even if I had adjustability.
      04-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #137
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Interesting. From what I gather, the EDC shocks have to be in good shape to handle a drop and proper bump stops must be installed. Ill take the gamble and keep my ZCP springs in case.
my EDC shocks were in good shape, until the car was lowered... they are very good at what they do in OEM configuration, they just were not meant to be lowered that much. The eibach springs are going to be the same situation, B&G made the same claims as eibach, swift has same claims as well.

Granted i do live in a city with somewhat terrible roads, but they are definitely not the worst roads i have driven on.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #138
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
my EDC shocks were in good shape, until the car was lowered... they are very good at what they do in OEM configuration, they just were not meant to be lowered that much. The eibach springs are going to be the same situation, B&G made the same claims as eibach, swift has same claims as well.

Granted i do live in a city with somewhat terrible roads, but they are definitely not the worst roads i have driven on.
The roads here in SoFla aren't the greatest either, at least not in the city, but I dont have many issues with big imperfections. Interesting discussing none the less, Im not spending big coin on coilovers for purely looks.
      04-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #139
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I'm not referring to the marketing claims, I'm talking about the reviews and comparisons posted on the forums as well as the published spring rates. The Eibachs are probably softer than B&G springs, though I haven't looked into it to be sure. The lower you go, the stiffer they need to be to prevent bottoming out on OEM shocks. Swift and H&R are lower and stiffer than Eibach.
      07-04-2018, 09:15 AM   #140
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Now that I'm keeping the M, a new round of modifications are in play. I've ordered some custom interior bits from iND, installing the forcewerks side skirt extensions, M Performance Electronic V2 steering wheel and Eibach lowering springs. Majority of these things should be done in the next week or two as parts arrive.

As far as maintenance there really isn't a whole lot to do. Rod bearings are of course a topic of discussion and I've dragged my feet on. Headlight lenses are being refinished as we speak and then the whole car will be going to my detailer to get refreshed. As soon as majority of this is done I'll post pictures of everything and possibly get a good photographer for a shoot.
      07-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #141
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Why are we lowering it? You are not happy with ZCP height?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #142
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Why are we lowering it? You are not happy with ZCP height?
Eibach lowers about .6" in the front which is exactly what we need after measuring. I went with a 35 profile tire to try and fill the wheel well. Not looking for hella flush look or any of that nonsense, just trying even the rake it comes with from the factory. Dinan springs were also in consideration. Idea for this build is to have the best ride possible while filling the wheel wells and not having hella flush across my windshield hahaha
BOOF-M34448.50
      07-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #143
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Eibach lowers about .6" in the front which is exactly what we need after measuring. I went with a 35 profile tire to try and fill the wheel well. Not looking for hella flush look or any of that nonsense, just trying even the rake it comes with from the factory. Dinan springs were also in consideration. Idea for this build is to have the best ride possible while filling the wheel wells and not having hella flush across my windshield hahaha
You should go with Swift springs
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #144
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Quote:
Swift's would have been too low with the 35 profile fronts I have. I strongly considered them and BGs, but they dropped to much which would require new front tires. I still might but the chances are lower
      07-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #145
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Quote:
Swift's would have been too low with the 35 profile fronts I have. I strongly considered them and BGs, but they dropped to much which would require new front tires. I still might but the chances are lower
You made the right choice. Eibach is the way to go for stock struts. I'm happy enough with my stock fitment but if I ever decided to go lower, there is no other spring I would use.

EDIT: I do recall Malek posting a long description of why Eibachs are not ideal for ZCP struts specifically. May be worth looking into.
      07-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #146
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

If you are lowering the car just spend t he extra for kw sleeves.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #147
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
You made the right choice. Eibach is the way to go for stock struts. I'm happy enough with my stock fitment but if I ever decided to go lower, there is no other spring I would use.

EDIT: I do recall Malek posting a long description of why Eibachs are not ideal for ZCP struts specifically. May be worth looking into.
I searched for this thread but found nothing. Only found his lowering spring thread with the h&r's on the competition struts and the info related to the ZCP vs non-ZCP suspension. Do you have a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
If you are lowering the car just spend t he extra for kw sleeves.
I debated this for awhile and even drove an M with both set ups. Ultimately, I think Eibachs are a better choice for me. Given the small amount of drop I wanted, I couldn't justify the extra coin for adjustability that Id never use
      07-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #148
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I searched for this thread but found nothing. Only found his lowering spring thread with the h&r's on the competition struts and the info related to the ZCP vs non-ZCP suspension. Do you have a link?
He mentions them briefly here (post 12):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423572

and here (post 21,30):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626276

I feel like he has talked about it more in other threads but I can't find it. I never really paid close attention since my car is not ZCP.

Malek@MRF Anything to add?
      07-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #149
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
He mentions them briefly here (post 12):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423572

and here (post 21,30):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626276

I feel like he has talked about it more in other threads but I can't find it. I never really paid close attention since my car is not ZCP.

Malek@MRF Anything to add?
Interesting and somewhat concerning. These posts are from 2012, wondering if anything has changed?
      07-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #150
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Interesting and somewhat concerning. These posts are from 2012, wondering if anything has changed?

SYT_Shadow mentioned in post 67 that he measured the two springs he had on hand and saw a 10mm difference.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481852

I think you will be happy with Eibach.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11421.00
EnVe461037.50
      07-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #151
vincE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
'11 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Now that I'm keeping the M, a new round of modifications are in play. I've ordered some custom interior bits from iND, installing the forcewerks side skirt extensions, M Performance Electronic V2 steering wheel and Eibach lowering springs. Majority of these things should be done in the next week or two as parts arrive.

As far as maintenance there really isn't a whole lot to do. Rod bearings are of course a topic of discussion and I've dragged my feet on. Headlight lenses are being refinished as we speak and then the whole car will be going to my detailer to get refreshed. As soon as majority of this is done I'll post pictures of everything and possibly get a good photographer for a shoot.
What made you decide to stick to the M?
      07-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #152
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincE92M3 View Post
Quote:

What made you decide to stick to the M?
There's nothing like this car. I still smile every time I walk up to it, walk away from it and drive it. The sound, power delivery and ride. The time, effort and money I've put into it. And, the fact I can never really have issues with fitting the family in it.

That said, I still want a 911. And I will at some point get one, but it won't be replacing the E90, at least not in the time being.
vincE92M3558.50
      07-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #153
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quick update, will be getting the car back FINALLY tmrw. I had the V1 steering wheel uninstalled as it was bought used and turned up to be faulty. Won't go into to many details but it cost me quite a bit between install/uninstall fees. Good news is the V2 will be getting done hopefully tmrw afternoon when I take it from one shop to BMW of Ft Lauderdale

Also, turns out the DCT pan was leaking again, after 7k Miles. My Warranty covered it again but it seems kinda silly, not 1 yr and 7k miles it starts sleeping again?!? I don't track the car, gets driven a short distance as you can see from the miles which include a move from Charlotte to ft Lauderdale. Now I'm sure it wasn't leaking catastrophically but still, frustrating.

On top of this, Ryan@iND hooked me up with some interior bits!!! Interlagos DCT knob with tri stitched boot with matching tri stitched ebrake boot! These looks fantastic. I almost went alcantara with white stitching to match steering wheel but decided against.

Side skirts will be installed shortly, then the springs and I can say this car will be right where I want it. A little further past OEM+ but enough that's it's not overdone in my opinion. Looking forward to the south Florida meet for proper pictures as well. Will update as soon as everything is done
Attached Images

vincE92M3558.50
      07-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #154
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

Quote:
Quick update, will be getting the car back FINALLY tmrw. I had the V1 steering wheel uninstalled as it was bought used and turned up to be faulty. Won't go into to many details but it cost me quite a bit between install/uninstall fees. Good news is the V2 will be getting done hopefully tmrw afternoon when I take it from one shop to BMW of Ft Lauderdale

Also, turns out the DCT pan was leaking again, after 7k Miles. My Warranty covered it again but it seems kinda silly, not 1 yr and 7k miles it starts sleeping again?!? I don't track the car, gets driven a short distance as you can see from the miles which include a move from Charlotte to ft Lauderdale. Now I'm sure it wasn't leaking catastrophically but still, frustrating.

On top of this, Ryan@iND hooked me up with some interior bits!!! Interlagos DCT knob with tri stitched boot with matching tri stitched ebrake boot! These looks fantastic. I almost went alcantara with white stitching to match steering wheel but decided against.

Side skirts will be installed shortly, then the springs and I can say this car will be right where I want it. A little further past OEM+ but enough that's it's not overdone in my opinion. Looking forward to the south Florida meet for proper pictures as well. Will update as soon as everything is done
I have the same boot on my car except 6MT...those are going to be some nice touches to the interior and will bring the interior to OE+ status
Appreciate 1
EnVe461037.50