BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

02-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #397
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
For real. I said nothing against Malek as he makes nice stuff but why wait forever for something that can be fabbed up in a day. And yet I get chastised and my parts get ridiculed. It's not right. Please tell me what makes my x pipe a hack job as I'm sure the shop who built it would be curious.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it doesn't provide maximum performance regardless of dollar point.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #398
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it doesn't provide maximum performance regardless of dollar point.

Then I guess every other brand including BMW oem is junk as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #399
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Spare me. Grow up.
Shit I was on your side but never mind.
Maleks xpipe is no better than any other that would place the x in the same spot.
      02-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #400
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Then I guess every other brand including BMW oem is junk as well.
I think a lot of "enthusiasts" forget there's always going to be stratification of what certain mods mean to certain people.

The 350Z guys were like this as well way back when it was the current platform. If you didn't have JDM shit, you were a ***/poseur/poor.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #401
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
FYI jackass, the gintAni x pipe also is bowed out at the muffler connecting points. This is a bespoke piece that I ran for a year without issues and was made on the car by a custom shop.
I can vouch for the Gintani Catless X Pipe... I gained significant power with it and noticed a difference on the lower end of my car. I dynod at 566whp on 7.5psi on my set up which is above average if you ask me. With better conditions I am pretty sure I can hit 570whp+ on the same amount of boost, I am running a Gintani X pipe and a OEM muffler.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #402
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Shit I was on your side but never mind.
Maleks xpipe is no better than any other that would place the x in the same spot.
Sorry and thank you. I just can't stand the "fan boy" mentality.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #403
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
I can vouch for the Gintani Catless X Pipe... I gained significant power with it and noticed a difference on the lower end of my car. I dynod at 566whp on 7.5psi on my set up which is above average if you ask me. With better conditions I am pretty sure I can hit 570whp+ on the same amount of boost, I am running a Gintani X pipe and a OEM muffler.
OEM muffler to keep sound down? Just curious is all.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #404
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I think a lot of "enthusiasts" forget there's always going to be stratification of what certain mods mean to certain people.

The 350Z guys were like this as well way back when it was the current platform. If you didn't have JDM shit, you were a ***/poseur/poor.
Agreed, but in NO WAY does it make attacking me acceptable simply for offering an alternative to the MRF pipe. This is an internet forum where people gather to speak about the platform and various aspects of it. It's inexcusable to act child like and then degrade my parts because they didn't care for my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #405
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Surprisingly, OEM muffler flows very, very well.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #406
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, but in NO WAY does it make attacking me acceptable simply for offering an alternative to the MRF pipe. This is an internet forum where people gather to speak about the platform and various aspects of it. It's inexcusable to act child like and then degrade my parts because they didn't care for my opinion.
No, the personal attacks are never warranted. Just sucks, though, because it seems to be the norm - especially nowadays (on every platform, not just this one. I moderate a few GTI websites and I'm still semi active on my Z forums).

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #407
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Surprisingly, OEM muffler flows very, very well.
Ahhh I see. I mean, BMW's R&D arguably has more funding than any of us could probably afford in a lifetime, so I'm sure they didn't make a junk muffler.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #408
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I daily my car in the summer, every muffler I had would destroy my ears being catless and my set up right now only is loud at WOT which is perfect for me. The car sounds stock until you open it up and that is what I wanted out of my exhaust set up.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #409
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I daily my car in the summer, every muffler I had would destroy my ears being catless and my set up right now only is loud at WOT which is perfect for me. The car sounds stock until you open it up and that is what I wanted out of my exhaust set up.
Ah I see what you're saying.

Again, just curious, valved exhausts don't entice you?

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #410
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
This is why I started running the Hartge rear section. Fully catless, the car is still very quiet idling or cruising around. Under WOT it's loud but behind the car loud and never intrusive into the cabin w/ 0 drone!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #411
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
They all add power. Have not seen a dyno of one yet that does not. The stock one works well with aftermarket test pipes. Even hacking all 4 cats out and welding in muffler shop straight pipes adds power.

Last edited by pbonsalb; 02-18-2015 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #412
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
They all add power. Have not seen a dyno of one get that does not. The stock one works well with aftermarket test pipes. Even hacking all 4 cats out and welding in muffler shop straight pipes adds power.
Some x pipes add more power than others, some people fail to realize that.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #413
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
I am in no way a fanboy or acting like a child. I guess you missed my point so i'll spell it out.

I simply pointed out the obvious. You are bashing a company that does high quality work. Your statement that you can get the same thing fabbed up in a day by any shop is hilarious because you actually have and are attempting to sell one of these single day fabbed up hack jobs of an x-pipe. The front resonators look like their touching each other on one end, the mounting brackets are bent to hell, and one of the rear resonators has a nicely engineered angle to it. Anyone would look at that exhaust piece and know the builder didnt give two shits about the final product.

Your argument that its the same is so far out its ridiculous. Please, quit playing a poor victim by saying you are being attacked.

Last edited by Gossypiboma; 02-18-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #414
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
I am in no way a fanboy or acting like a child. I guess you missed my point so i'll spell it out.

I simply pointed out the obvious. You are bashing a company that does high quality work. Your statement that you can get the same thing fabbed up in a day by any shop is hilarious because you actually have and are attempting to sell one of these single day fabbed up hack jobs of an x-pipe. The front resonators look like their touching each other on one end, the mounting brackets are bent to hell, and one of the rear resonators has a nicely engineered angle to it. Anyone would look at that exhaust piece and know the builder didnt give two shits about the final product.

Your argument that its the same is so far out its ridiculous.

Wow!! You were able to discern that from a 2 dimensional picture?? Your post above proves you don't really know what you're talking about:

1. I never "bashed" MRF or Malek, I simply stated that rather than wait for something that may never come to fruition, a "COMPETENT" shop can and will make an x pipe. (I also NEVER typed mine is the same... You can clearly see the x is much more forward in the MRF piece)

2. My x pipe is FAR from "hacked" together. It (again) is mandrel bent, stainless. The front resonators are not touching. Even if they did I don't know why that would make it bad? The brackets are not bent and line right up with all OEM mounting points. I'm also using 4 Aero Turbine Resonators which are great pieces.

3. The rear section as I stated before (maybe you should re-read) uses a Magnaflow crossover (def not junk) and is less wide than OEM so where it exits at the rear resoantors it must come back to OEM mating points and thus is angled versus straight.

As I stated before, many aftermarket pipes are like this, including Gintani. If you were knowledgeable at all you would have known that prior to posting. Does that mean Gintani is junk too?

I was present during the mock up/fabrication of my entire setup and I have had numerous setups on my M3s. No one is as meticulous as me and trust me, I had an eagle eye over the lead fabricator while he built my setup. Again it was built on the car and works perfect. I also never said my piece is the same as the MRF piece. I said it works very well and yes makes power. Maybe I left a few HP on the table, but as stated before, I don't care. We don't drive racecars, we drive M3. I also have a high HP 911 turbo for that (as stated earlier).

You should reread the posts I made again before trying to bash me and my parts. Your post here obviously indicates your reading comprehension is lacking at best. You also don't sound familar with fabrication at all.

Any yes, I feel I am getting bashed and attacked for offering a simple solution. I just stated that this isn't rocket science and any competent shop can fab an x pipe up similar to the MRF/Gintani style with the x placed forward. My x pipe mimics the OEM piece like others keeping the x in the stock location. After I offered my opinion you went on to call my stuff "hacked up" and proceeded to post a photo from my FS ad which is attacking me and my classified ads. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to say to you. You have since gone on to say my shop doesn't care about quality and tried to disseminate the pipes construction via a picture in the dark.

So again, I offer an opinion, and then me and my parts get ripped to shreds.... Is that really fair?

Last edited by s85e90; 02-18-2015 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #415
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Some x pipes add more power than others, some people fail to realize that.
Line them all up and dyno them on the same car on the same day and I think you would find the differences to be pretty minimal. There really is not much to the design. I suppose the person making it could really botch up the fabrication, and that would hurt power slightly.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #416
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Wow!! You were able to discern that from a 2 dimensional picture?? Your post above proves you don't really know what you're talking about:

1. I never "bashed" MRF or Malek, I simply stated that rather than wait for something that may never come to fruition, a "COMPETENT" shop can and will make an x pipe. (I also NEVER typed mine is the same... You can clearly see the x is much more forward in the MRF piece)

2. My x pipe is FAR from "hacked" together. It (again) is mandrel bent, stainless. The front resonators are not touching. Even if they did I don't know why that would make it bad? The brackets are not bent and line right up with all OEM mounting points. I'm also using 4 Aero Turbine Resonators which are great pieces.

3. The rear section as I stated before (maybe you should re-read) uses a Magnaflow crossover (def not junk) and is less wide than OEM so where it exits at the rear resoantors it must come back to OEM mating points and thus is angled versus straight.

As I stated before, many aftermarket pipes are like this, including Gintani. If you were knowledgeable at all you would have known that prior to posting. Does that mean Gintani is junk too?

I was present during the mock up/fabrication of my entire setup and I have had numerous setups on my M3s. No one is as meticulous as me and trust me, I had an eagle eye over the lead fabricator while he built my setup. Again it was built on the car and works perfect. I also never said my piece is the same as the MRF piece. I said it works very well and yes makes power. Maybe I left a few HP on the table, but as stated before, I don't care. We don't drive racecars, we drive M3. I also have a high HP 911 turbo for that (as stated earlier).

You should reread the posts I made again before trying to bash me and my parts. Your post here obviously indicates your reading comprehension is lacking at best. You also don't sound familar with fabrication at all.

Any yes, I feel I am getting bashed and attacked for offering a simple solution. I just stated that this isn't rocket science and any competent shop can fab an x pipe up similar to the MRF/Gintani style with the x placed forward. My x pipe mimics the OEM piece like others keeping the x in the stock location. After I offered my opinion you went on to call my stuff "hacked up" and proceeded to post a photo from my FS ad which is attacking me and my classified ads. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to say to you. You have since gone on to say my shop doesn't care about quality and tried to disseminate the pipes construction via a picture in the dark.

So again, I offer an opinion, and then me and my parts get ripped to shreds.... Is that really fair?

You're right, I'm wrong. Good luck selling you're similar to MRF/Gintani x-pipe. Tons of interest I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #417
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
You're right, I'm wrong. Good luck selling you're similar to MRF/Gintani x-pipe. Tons of interest I'm sure.
Fuckin A!!! No one said it's the same/similar etc. I simply stated anyone can make an x pipe similar by putting the merge up further.

I CHOSE to have mine modeled exactly like the OEM piece. Didn't you run a Dinan piece? Well mine is essentially the same, with 2.5" piping versus 2.75".

Stop replying to me unless you're gonna actually read the posts prior and post some insightful info. I don't need people quoting my FS ads or slandering my FS posts by posting bullshit.

You have no idea what you're talking about plain and simple!

Please do me a favor and don't mention my parts and don't comment on quality that you cannot justify. You are slandering my FS ads and it's wrong! You need to grow up man!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #418
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, G82 M4

Quote:
No I get it, I'm just saying it would be easier to just have a shop fab one up then wait for you to get the clearance to start building them. Any shop will build an off road x pipe as long as it is for "off road" use only and will not leave the shop on the car.

Any your piece is nice, but you didn't invent the wheel. It's an x pipe. Anyone can build one, without saying they're copying your style.
I am still not getting the point you are trying to get across? Why would I have to "fab" one up, when I have a few of them? I have fixtures and all CAD drawings for the systems.

Please read this thread carefully. The location of the X is only a part of the equation to making power. There are other pipes out there that moved the X forward from the stock position... This system was carefully engineered for the S65, taking many factors into account.

Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr
Phone: 949-233-0448 | E-Mail: info@mrfengineering.com
Appreciate 0