BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

10-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Archon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT AW/BLK

Help with flickering driver side headlight

Hey Everyone,

I’m entering the 10th year of ownership of my 2008 M3 coupe and encountered a weird headlight issue.

When I hit bumps in the road or turn my steering wheel fast, the driver side headlight will flicker off and on quickly. Does not do it while parked.

I searched and found some info and hoping someone can help narrow it down with it being the driver side and this other bit of info.

Prior to the flicking I brought my car in to get the spark plugs, ignition coils, and valve/timing box gaskets replaced (oil leaks)

The technician said there’s no way what they did could of caused this and it’s coincidental that it started to flicker after I got the car back. I’m 100% sure the headlight was fine prior to bringing it in for service. Now I’m caught in a situation that I can’t prove either way but rather look for what could I do to fix the headlight. Please help if you can.

Thanks
Appreciate 0