BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #23
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
I remember PM'ing Will a while back to see if he could help me get mine...never got a response, oh well. Don't think I'll ever try Long Beach again.

Epacy said it best..."Why is it so hard to get someone to take my 70k?"
I apologize about you not recieving a response. It is best to call/email as the forums are secondary to me. My main source of business is regular (read: non E90 post) customers from websites like Edmunds, Autotrader, etc.) I've said that numerous times (including in my main post). I try to get to everybody but I can get at times 10-15 PMs per day all wanting me to quote a 335i coupe. It can get tedious and occasionally people slip through the cracks.

I'm sorry
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasem3 View Post
Talk to Palmer at Crevier. He is the coolest guy ever and also on this board.
Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #25
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasem3 View Post
Personally dont have a very good experience with Long Beach BMW. They were telling me a few months back they would give me a sweet ass deal by giving me $15k over msrp.

I heard from ppl that they have a shady sales practices as several of my good friends told me that they bumped ppl of their waiting lists and tried to stiff them with ridicoulous mark ups.

Looks like you guys are hurting if you guys are unloading that many brand new M3's under sticker.
Btw, it would probably help to talk to the guy sponsoring your forum if you are dealing with that dealership
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #26
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Will always answers my PM's right away. I haven't bought from him ... yet ... but one of those cars is pretty tempting.

I think being involved in the forum says a lot, as well as being the first dealer to offer discounts. Most salespeople don't know squat about the product they are selling!

Thank you Will for posting your inventory and the available discounts...

05-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #27
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
Will always answers my PM's right away. I haven't bought from him ... yet ... but one of those cars is pretty tempting.

I think being involved in the forum says a lot, as well as being the first dealer to offer discounts. Most salespeople don't know squat about the product they are selling!

Thank you Will for posting your inventory and the available discounts...

Thanks mang!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 03:02 AM   #28
DC52E55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Thanks for the discounts. M3 prices are dropping like crazy!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #29
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

BUMP!

LOWERING TO $2,500 OFF M3 SEDANS AND $1,500 OFF M3 COUPES IN STOCK (excluding M-DCT models)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #30
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

BUMP! We are looking to get aggressive and move some of these M3's!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #31
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Responded to a few PM's =)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #32
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
Philippines
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M3

sent you an email just now.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 05:23 AM   #33
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

I can tell you guys, Will is a great guy. He sold me my M3 with Euro delivery. Just returned from Europe yesterday and everything was perfect thanks to Will and Long Beach BMW. If you want a CA that returns e-mails, phone calls and take care of business then Will is the man!........ THANKS WILL
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #34
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
I can tell you guys, Will is a great guy. He sold me my M3 with Euro delivery. Just returned from Europe yesterday and everything was perfect thanks to Will and Long Beach BMW. If you want a CA that returns e-mails, phone calls and take care of business then Will is the man!........ THANKS WILL
Welcome home! Glad you had fun =)

Come order your TTV8 X6!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #35
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
old dealer tactics here....install premium package for couple hundred and then give discount
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #36
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
old dealer tactics here....install premium package for couple hundred and then give discount
What?

Are you saying they are adding on some sort of dealer installed package that jacks up the price beyond what is posted here in the thread? Or are you talking about the factory premium package - ZPP? If the latter I don't understand what you are talking about since its fully disclosed and is a very common option on cars ordered for dealers stock since it is harder to move them without it optioned. I don't see any evidence of "old dealer tactics".
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #37
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
What?

Are you saying they are adding on some sort of dealer installed package that jacks up the price beyond what is posted here in the thread? Or are you talking about the factory premium package - ZPP? If the latter I don't understand what you are talking about since its fully disclosed and is a very common option on cars ordered for dealers stock since it is harder to move them without it optioned. I don't see any evidence of "old dealer tactics".
Yeah - I'm confused too.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #38
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What?

typically, dealer likes to install premium package (real ZPP), (for cars that aren't pre-ordered by the customer). they install the premium package for a fraction of the cost what the actual MSRP of the option would cost. of course when the car goes on the lot ZPP option is charged in full.

so now if you are a buyer, you are faced at a great deal on ZPP car. you want to buy the car, but not necessarily want the ZPP option. car's MSRP is loaded with an expensive option, which jacks up the overal MSRP, but in actuality dealer spent very little money to jack up the MSRP. then they give you a discount on the car and you are thinking you are getting a deal, when in fact you are paying for an option you don't want (this case is flawed if you actually want ZPP), because you are paying MSRP price for that option.

kind of like lo-jack. they install lo-jack for $300, but charge you full price for it. you want the car at a reduced price, but not the option. option is there for dealer to make money on. each option has its corresponding invoice price, just like the car has its invoice price. some options dealer cannot install as they come from factory, but typically ZPP stuff can be ordered from accessories catalog.

now look at the 1st page of this thread and tell me how many cars being discounted have ZPP installed? yep, every single one.

i hope you get it...kind of hard to say it with words.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #39
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
typically, dealer likes to install premium package (real ZPP), (for cars that aren't pre-ordered by the customer). they install the premium package for a fraction of the cost what the actual MSRP of the option would cost. of course when the car goes on the lot ZPP option is charged in full.

so now if you are a buyer, you are faced at a great deal on ZPP car. you want to buy the car, but not necessarily want the ZPP option. car's MSRP is loaded with an expensive option, which jacks up the overal MSRP, but in actuality dealer spent very little money to jack up the MSRP. then they give you a discount on the car and you are thinking you are getting a deal, when in fact you are paying for an option you don't want (this case is flawed if you actually want ZPP), because you are paying MSRP price for that option.

kind of like lo-jack. they install lo-jack for $300, but charge you full price for it. you want the car at a reduced price, but not the option. option is there for dealer to make money on. each option has its corresponding invoice price, just like the car has its invoice price. some options dealer cannot install as they come from factory, but typically ZPP stuff can be ordered from accessories catalog.

now look at the 1st page of this thread and tell me how many cars being discounted have ZPP installed? yep, every single one.

Are you drunk?

Every car came with ZPP from the factory.

You are telling me that we custom installed bluetooth, carbon leather trims, power folding mirrors, universal garage door opener, digital compass, and leather on every single one of those cars?

Where did you get that logic?

Even if we did do that - do you know much that would cost in parts and labor?? Like 3 times the cost of getting premium package from the factory.

This is probably the most off the wall thing I have ever read on here.

For the record everybody - this is the FACTORY premium package, not a dealership add on premium package, in case you were confused

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #40
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Yeah I understand what you are trying to say, its just that I don't agree with your conclusion at all. The reason dealerships order ZPP is because the vast majority of BMWs sold include this package. Dealerships do not want tons of cars on the lots that are not equipped with options people will want to buy. Contrast that with your lojack example which is not really analogous because no one wants that to begin with. As for the cost of ZPP? Well its on edmunds.com and the invoice price is only $200 less than the MSRP price. I don't see any slight of hand dealership tactics here. All I see is a dealership responding to market conditions and selling a bunch of M3s at a discount. Certainly these prices are not out of line with what many savvy people here on the forum have paid. Is it possible to do better? Sure, if you hunt around and haggle a lot. But these prices are by no means a bad deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #41
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

Will please set me up an appointment to have my premium package installed
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #42
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I understand what you are trying to say, its just that I don't agree with your conclusion at all. The reason dealerships order ZPP is because the vast majority of BMWs sold include this package. Dealerships do not want tons of cars on the lots that are not equipped with options people will want to buy. Contrast that with your lojack example which is not really analogous because no one wants that to begin with. As for the cost of ZPP? Well its on edmunds.com and the invoice price is only $200 less than the MSRP price. I don't see any slight of hand dealership tactics here. All I see is a dealership responding to market conditions and selling a bunch of M3s at a discount. Certainly these prices are not out of line with what many savvy people here on the forum have paid. Is it possible to do better? Sure, if you hunt around and haggle a lot. But these prices are by no means a bad deal.
At my local BMW dealership all M cars and some 3-series come installed with lo-jack. $625 option. It is added to the sticker price. But almost 100% of the cars which are not pre-ordered will come with premium package.

Prices this dealer is offering are great, no doubt. What I am saying is that you are forced to buy ZPP because they want you to spend as much money as possible in options. This is the reason why it is almost impossible to find a stripped car at the dealer. $2000 option which is offset with $2000 discount. If you don't want the option, you are still buying the car for MSRP. I could see that with new M3 it would be hard to install ZPP, but I know this was the tactics that is often used by dealers, especially when premium consist of simple stuff such as garage link, keyless, spoilers etc.
I am not pulling stuff out of ass. This is what I read and heard from more than few people.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #43
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At my local BMW dealership all M cars and some 3-series come installed with lo-jack. $625 option. It is added to the sticker price. But almost 100% of the cars which are not pre-ordered will come with premium package.

Prices this dealer is offering are great, no doubt. What I am saying is that you are forced to buy ZPP because they want you to spend as much money as possible in options. This is the reason why it is almost impossible to find a stripped car at the dealer. $2000 option which is offset with $2000 discount. If you don't want the option, you are still buying the car for MSRP. I could see that with new M3 it would be hard to install ZPP, but I know this was the tactics that is often used by dealers, especially when premium consist of simple stuff such as garage link, keyless, spoilers etc.
I am not pulling stuff out of ass. This is what I read and heard from more than few people.
Dude - the dealership pays for premium package just like the customer does. While you pay 2000 for it - we pay 1750. So the dealership makes an extra $250 due to the car having premium, not $2,000. Options are not free.

Factory options are different that F&I products such as lojack and wheel/tire insurance.

And did you ever come to think that 95% of people buying a $60,000 M3 WANT premium package? Especially in California where premium package includes bluetooth (and as of July 1st it is illegal to hold the phone to ones ear while driving)?

I have ordered 6 M3's so far - every single one with ZPP. People want it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #44
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
of course they are no free, but as a dealer i wouldn't be surprised you get a big fat incentive by selling cars that are loaded.

it is a lie that 95% of the cars come with premium. i can make a simple poll on m3 post general forum and we can find how many owners opted for ZPP.

bottom line is you are making a living selling cars. i applaud you for selling M3s cheaper than majority of other dealers. what else you want? a cookie?
Appreciate 0