BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

Mporium BMW

03-29-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Anyone with NBT Evo retrofit experience or service?

Hello. I'm thinking about doing this retrofit but would like to see if anyone around here has done it before.

I'm asking to see if there are any experienced shops or someone that could help me out if I hit a snag. I'm in the Portland area.

I know it seems like a waste of money to some, but I plan on keeping my car long term and would like to modernize the car a bit but still keep it OEM functionality.
      04-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

I heard that musicar northwest can do it, but I messaged them about price and they never got back to me.

I very much want to do this as well, but dont want to fuck the car up in the process.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
I heard that musicar northwest can do it, but I messaged them about price and they never got back to me.

I very much want to do this as well, but dont want to fuck the car up in the process.
After doing a bit of research and talking to Bimmer Retrofit. I learned that it isn't as simple as buying a kit and installing it (duh!). There are some modules on the car you have to terminate depending on your configuration. I think in my case, I have to terminate the factory combox I have. There is a bunch of coding, but that's done remotely by the shop.

There is also an issue with some cars experiencing echo with bluetooth voice calls. To remedy this, you have to find a compatible amplifier from an F series car and swap it. This adds like 500-600 bucks on top of the kit you already have to purchase. And there isn't any documentation as to which amp will work and how to wire it up.

In the end, I bit the bullet and bought one of the apple car play boxes from one of those chinese companies and trying that out first. A lot less work to install and a huge price difference. I may still go with a retrofit later this year when I'm in the area of the Bimmer Retrofit shop.
      04-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

I've never seen crystal clear documentation as to how to do the swap.

Probably going to run CIC until someone can document how to do this with crossing every t and dotting every 1.

Too much is hearsay.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

To be fair. Bimmer Retrofit did provide good documentation on how to install everything. But you're right. There is a lot of tribal knowledge that is not shared in the documentation. The reason for the tribal knowledge is because each car is different install depending on what's equipped on the car.