BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #45
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post
You should have put 'my "new" modified M3' as the title... amateur 'tuning' of the car causes problems everywhere eventually.
how is he amateur?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #46
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Quote:
You should have put 'my "new" modified M3' as the title... amateur 'tuning' of the car causes problems everywhere eventually.
how is he amateur?
Whoever did the mods is amateur compared to the engineers at BMW M

Grey sedan.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 04:05 PM   #47
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Quote:
I personally wouldn't call Alex an amateur, but if you want to, I'd say you'd need to back that up with facts.

The bouncing rev and stall has been noted by more than a few others here, and those who've fixed it have done so with replacement of a breather valve, a few have used the idle control valve. No one has yet to show its a result of a tune.
Does he work for BMW engineering? No. Does he know what the long term effects in the car will be in regard to the tuning and recoding? No. Are things going wrong with the car? Yes.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #48
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I personally wouldn't call Alex an amateur, but if you want to, I'd say you'd need to back that up with facts.

The bouncing rev and stall has been noted by more than a few others here, and those who've fixed it have done so with replacement of a breather valve, a few have used the idle control valve. No one has yet to show its a result of a tune.
Does he work for BMW engineering? No. Does he know what the long term effects in the car will be in regard to the tuning and recoding? No. Are things going wrong with the car? Yes.
Yeah the same ones that put ticking time bomb rod bearings on the S65?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 04:22 PM   #49
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No it's the supercharging that causes engine failures - amateur mods again.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #50
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No it's the supercharging that causes engine failures - amateur mods again.
lucki...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #51
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
I cannot argue with your logic.

I've noticed some interesting things after that tune, and I really didn't suspect there was a link until you made your statement.

1). I noticed _after the tune_ that my window seal is peeling up at the corners.

2). Also _after the tune_ I found where the protective film on one of my mirror caps was wrinkled.

3). Finally, and this is the big one _ after the tune_ I took the car out for a spirited drive, and when I brought it back there was a fine black powder all over the wheels. It was like soot. It was heaviest on the front wheels, which are near the engine, WHICH IS AFFECTED BY THE TUNE! It wasn't there before the drive on the new tune.

Really guys, we need to compare notes on this. Is there anyone else with an Alpine tune that has experienced anything like this?
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881102.50
      05-19-2019, 09:08 PM   #52
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I cannot argue with your logic.

I've noticed some interesting things after that tune, and I really didn't suspect there was a link until you made your statement.

1). I noticed _after the tune_ that my window seal is peeling up at the corners.

2). Also _after the tune_ I found where the protective film on one of my mirror caps was wrinkled.

3). Finally, and this is the big one _ after the tune_ I took the car out for a spirited drive, and when I brought it back there was a fine black powder all over the wheels. It was like soot. It was heaviest on the front wheels, which are near the engine, WHICH IS AFFECTED BY THE TUNE! It wasn't there before the drive on the new tune.

Really guys, we need to compare notes on this. Is there anyone else with an Alpine tune that has experienced anything like this?
Looking for answers to all the things going haywire on his car - for some reason, also lists all the mods... as if he suspects they have something to do with it 🤔😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #53
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Looking for answers to all the things going haywire on his car - for some reason, also lists all the mods... as if he suspects they have something to do with it ��������
If someone asks for help with a car, and that person doesn't have their mods listed in their sig, then to spare the people reading the thread from having to ask about those mods, its considered courtesy to list the mods in the first post.

Now, I'm hoping you see that no one had to ask me about the mods on my car because I listed them up front. I really hope you see that. Otherwise I can't help you.

I really don't have time for this right now, too busy tracking down some leads. I've been posting up all over boards across the country and asking people if they have the Alpine tune and if they've noticed anything wrong since they did. I got the usual responses across the car forums, but things got real interesting when I got to Food Network and DIY. A bunch of people there reported that they had issues with things ranging from souffles collapsing to cordless drill batteries dying prematurely. All of it happened after getting Alpine tunes, and no one noticed it until I mentioned it. In some cases it was weeks or months after, but it was still after the tune.

Brah, you've really opened a gateway to truth here. I commend you.
Appreciate 0