BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #89
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I am no expert, but almost $10K is pretty impressive for an auction value... or am I missing something? There's clearly some work to be done, plus the resale value hit from the salvage title. Impressive IMO. hope she gets back up and running soon
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #90
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Keep us updated!! I was soo tempted to buy but had a deal at work get delayed which pushed back getting the funds I would’ve needed to feel comfortable pulling the trigger. Hopefully we get to see it on this forum again soon.
Talked with the guy again and he did not end up getting the car. May still be someone on here that bought it, but not to my knowledge.

Now for the crazy part. Bidding war between two individuals over the car resulted in a sale price over $15k. Once you tack on taxes (7% sales for GA), the high yard fee (15% I think?), all the small fees, transportation to get it home... I see this costing someone $19k+.

That cost is too high to be able to strip it and make money, so someone is rebuilding it.

If you have the capability of doing all the repairs yourself I'd say you're approaching $10k in just parts. If you're paying someone to fix...oof.

Did someone just get on the hook for $30k for a salvage title E90 M3? I mean a super clean, one owner Melbourne Red 6MT E90 M3 with low miles just sold for about that amount on here.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see that my beloved car is worth that much to someone else and that it's going to be back on the road (or track?), but damn.
Appreciate 2
wfdeacon881102.50
BOOF-M34448.50
      12-22-2018, 09:03 AM   #91
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Keep us updated!! I was soo tempted to buy but had a deal at work get delayed which pushed back getting the funds I would’ve needed to feel comfortable pulling the trigger. Hopefully we get to see it on this forum again soon.
Talked with the guy again and he did not end up getting the car. May still be someone on here that bought it, but not to my knowledge.

Now for the crazy part. Bidding war between two individuals over the car resulted in a sale price over $15k. Once you tack on taxes (7% sales for GA), the high yard fee (15% I think?), all the small fees, transportation to get it home... I see this costing someone $19k+.

That cost is too high to be able to strip it and make money, so someone is rebuilding it.

If you have the capability of doing all the repairs yourself I'd say you're approaching $10k in just parts. If you're paying someone to fix...oof.

Did someone just get on the hook for $30k for a salvage title E90 M3? I mean a super clean, one owner Melbourne Red 6MT E90 M3 with low miles just sold for about that amount on here.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see that my beloved car is worth that much to someone else and that it's going to be back on the road (or track?), but damn.
Wow that is insane. I paid 22.7 for a clean title 2009 e90 <100k miles, that was perfect inside, clean paint Space Grey and only *needed* Rod Bearings, Plugs, and some other normal maintenance.. You'd think someone wanting to build a track car or whatever could find a non-salvage clean E9x for 20K or so, and not have to do all of the repairs. I guess it's good for our cars value.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #92
donnyblaze1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Insane indeed. I was bidding early on, but tapped out at about $7k. Good luck to the buyer, perhaps we'll see your ///M on the streets again before too long!
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #93
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Yeah, even with the running S65 in there, I would think that $19Kish is a bit high.

I guess if you sell all the bits and bobs over time, you might make some money.

Still sucks that there is likely one less M3 out there.

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0