BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Mporium BMW

09-04-2015, 10:08 AM   #23
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleM3 View Post
Until you're in Arlington County where real police work is defined by traffic violations. I've gotten 2 tickets in one week while parked on Arlington streets for not having a plate. I didn't even know they could do that. I thought not having a front plate was like having something hanging from your mirror. Illegal, but rarely ever a thing cops look out for or ticket you for. This front plate law is fucking bullshit and the cops have gone way too far with it.
Not surprising to hear your story. I truly hate driving here. Just got a speeding ticket last month doing 80mph on 95 with my cruise control on in the middle lane. 80MPH ON A HIGHWAY!!! I know it was because of my car because there were others going faster than me. It's a joke.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #24
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKZOOM View Post
I was searching online for VA front tag plate laws and ran into this thread. Any updates over the last year?

I know the DMV still requires front and rear plates in VA.
The main issue with all of this is that the VA police departments pay into a union, that union pays lobbyists, those lobbyists lobby to keep these stupid laws because the money made by traffic tickets goes back into the police force (which means it goes back into the union). Which is honestly the real enemy here.

My buddy who's a police officer says he hates being on "ticketing duty" and would rather be actually serving and protecting. VA Cops are generally good guys. The issue is with the VSPA for which each officer pays $180 in dues which goes towards:

"Political Action Committee:
With permission, your dues can be deposited directly into our PAC account. This allows us to accumulate a sizable war chest to be used during political campaigns to support candidates who are favorable to our legislative issues. (THIS INCLUDES JUDGES)

Lobbying:
Wayne Huggins, the Executive Director and Chief Lobbyist, works solely for the benefit of our Association and the law–enforcement community. Wayne keeps you informed by sending out all member e-mails to keep you up-to-date of the happenings at the Capitol. If you would like to be added to the VSPA e-mail list, please give us a call with your current e-mail address."
http://vspa.org/membership/benefits

Last edited by DarkstarZero; 09-04-2015 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0