BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

03-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #45
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
Man I thought our car was ok to spray the engine bay/compartment down for washing/cleaning???
I never have. I keep the hood closed. When I do clean the motor I wait until it's cold, use glass cleaner and a microfibre towel (on the plastic covers).
2008 Sparkling Grey Metallic 135i 6MT - JB4 G5 - MHD Race BEF - N54Tuning DP's - ER Chargepipe/w HKS SSQV - Coolingmist Progressive Meth - MMP Hot Side Inlets - AFE Exhaust - Seconday Cat Delete - AMS FMIC - BMS Catch Can - Rob Beck PCV - LUX 160 AE
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #46
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
BMW called today... Sending me home with it again with no fix. They sent data to BMW Canada and it showed I had done coding (I disabled amber corner markers...), so they updated the car, flashed to stock, and need me to re-create the problem again. And they billed me for this (only 1 hour diagnostic - $168... WTF. I can diagnose the car myself, I work on BMW's for a living).

I might just go to the other dealership and trade it in for a 535d, I've had enough of this bullshit. BMW Canada is useless. Even with video proof of a physical clutch jam, they still think somehow it was my fault.

BMW... If you ever read this... REPLACE MY TRANSMISSION.
2008 Sparkling Grey Metallic 135i 6MT - JB4 G5 - MHD Race BEF - N54Tuning DP's - ER Chargepipe/w HKS SSQV - Coolingmist Progressive Meth - MMP Hot Side Inlets - AFE Exhaust - Seconday Cat Delete - AMS FMIC - BMS Catch Can - Rob Beck PCV - LUX 160 AE

Last edited by Alohaaaaa; 03-20-2015 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #47
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

What the heck did a light re code got to do with a falty gear box...!?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #48
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SPKY5U View Post
BMW called today... Sending me home with it again with no fix. They sent data to BMW Canada and it showed I had done coding (I disabled amber corner markers...), so they updated the car, flashed to stock, and need me to re-create the problem again. And they billed me for this (only 1 hour diagnostic - $168... WTF. I can diagnose the car myself, I work on BMW's for a living).

I might just go to the other dealership and trade it in for a 535d, I've had enough of this bullshit. BMW Canada is useless. Even with video proof of a physical clutch jam, they still think somehow it was my fault.

BMW... If you ever read this... REPLACE MY TRANSMISSION.
BMW/Dealers s@ck all over the world !
Personal I would go to another BMW/Dealer and ask them what they think of this BULL5H1T !
Don't trade your car in for a stupid looking 535d !
They really need to fix your DCT !
Like I said several times on here..."BMW = Only financial speculation" !
Again...Good luck my friend .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #49
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Now its drives weird and shifts funny... Maybe adapting still...

But it backfires on upshifts, downshifts, and throttle release like never before. And driving on an onramp, I was WOT on 3rd gear, and from 5-8k it felt like it was slipping... RPM rose, but I felt a loss in power until I shifted.

New DCT software on it though... Doubt that helps.

Now they are saying i might have to put stock exhaust back on for warranty? WTF. I can't, cats are cut. And exhaust has 100% nothing to do with DCT.

I rather like the 535d. Our shop did a full EGR delete, straight pipe on an X5 35d and it's mean as fck.

I'm gonna go out tomorrow and try to replicate the issue again... Take a few drives I guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #50
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Now its drives weird and shifts funny... Maybe adapting still...

But it backfires on upshifts, downshifts, and throttle release like never before. And driving on an onramp, I was WOT on 3rd gear, and from 5-8k it felt like it was slipping... RPM rose, but I felt a loss in power until I shifted.

New DCT software on it though... Doubt that helps.

Now they are saying i might have to put stock exhaust back on for warranty? WTF. I can't, cats are cut. And exhaust has 100% nothing to do with DCT.

I rather like the 535d. Our shop did a full EGR delete, straight pipe on an X5 35d and it's mean as fck.

I'm gonna go out tomorrow and try to replicate the issue again... Take a few drives I guess.
That's not a adapting problem !
I had the DCT software upgrade from BPM (cable remote tuning/coding )
And after it was done , my car was driving and shifting like never before, it was just perfect and even just a few minutes later !
So for me personal your problem is NOT adaption .
Think your car has a serious problem and BMW must fix it !
You should call BMW/Canada with your problem !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #51
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's not a adapting problem !
I had the DCT software upgrade from BPM (cable remote tuning/coding )
And after it was done , my car was driving and shifting like never before, it was just perfect and even just a few minutes later !
So for me personal your problem is NOT adaption .
Think your car has a serious problem and BMW must fix it !
You should call BMW/Canada with your problem !
They didn't drive at all after flashing everything. So I would assume all adaptations are gone.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They didn't drive at all after flashing everything. So I would assume all adaptations are gone.
Indeed ,and I really hope that your strange problem will be fixed ,and quickly!

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #53
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Indeed ,and I really hope that your strange problem will be fixed ,and quickly!
I'm gonna go put 50-100km on it right now, testing.

Will do everything that I did before when it happened... M mode, S5, drive hard for 30ish min, stop, lock, sit for 5 min, unlock, start, try to shift.

Maybe top up gas, or wash.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:07 PM   #54
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Drove it around 100km, drives much better now... Better then before BMW had it. Maybe this was all just a EGS glitch? I have high hopes right now... I missed my M.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 06:52 AM   #55
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Drove it around 100km, drives much better now... Better then before BMW had it. Maybe this was all just a EGS glitch? I have high hopes right now... I missed my M.
Glad to hear about the better news ! Let's hope that it drives the same way after a wash...

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #56
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Glad to hear about the better news ! Let's hope that it drives the same way after a wash...
Took it out for a drive, drove hard, washed, tested a bunch and still no issue.

I still find it weird my car keeps backfiring/popping on upshifts now.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #57
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Took it out for a drive, drove hard, washed, tested a bunch and still no issue.

I still find it weird my car keeps backfiring/popping on upshifts now.
That sounds like a ignition issue .
I know that tuners are having a burble or popping (backfiring like you said) feature when dowshifting .
It's done by coding of the ECU (and by injecting more fuel ) , so that's why your situation makes me think that's something is wrong with your ECU .
And of course it explains (link to) your DCT shift problem .
On the other hand...I saw also that you have test pipes and Gintani exhaust and this can explain the backfire too !
I'm not sure of my statement, it's really difficult to say because I never heard such a problem as yours .
If I had your (weird) problem, I would contact Mike (Mike-Benvo) from BPM/Tuning to ask what he is thinking of your problem .
You can do this via PM on this forum , or via contact on his website .
Or even E-mail that I can send to you via PM...
It's your car...so your decision, Up to you ...
Damn ...I really would love to help you out of your trouble !

Appreciate 1
NoHedge67.50
      03-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #58
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I've spoken to him about other matters. The shop I work for does tuning (though I do not run tuning on my car). I might pick up a Dinan STG2 tune from BMW next time I'm by though. Need some camber plates too.

Could be a bout of bad gas, because she never did that beforehand. I would get burbles on overrun or downshifts, but not upshifts.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #59
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I've spoken to him about other matters. The shop I work for does tuning (though I do not run tuning on my car). I might pick up a Dinan STG2 tune from BMW next time I'm by though. Need some camber plates too.

Could be a bout of bad gas, because she never did that beforehand. I would get burbles on overrun or downshifts, but not upshifts.
If you had the possibility ( You work for BMW...ect ) and you could try a another S65 ECU , think you would know a lot more...

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #60
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you had the possibility ( You work for BMW...ect ) and you could try a another S65 ECU , think you would know a lot more...
That I cannot do. Don't have any available to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #61
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That I cannot do. Don't have any available to me.
Update ?

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #62
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Update ?
No issues still!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #63
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
No issues still!
Damn ! Ohhh boy

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #64
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Damn ! Ohhh boy
Haha I think that's a good thing though!

I read over my last bill from them and they put "Customer messed with VO codes/installed software (?? I had lighting coding...)" so I bet if I had issues again BMWCanada would get up in arms. Then I'd drive to the next city over, trade it in at their BMW dealership, or go to my local Audi and take the mint 2012 TTRS they have...

If it stays good I will order a BPM tune to get rid of my insanely loud cold start, and start hunting for a used VF595.

Oh I did have a weird thing happen, but it's happened in my old M3, and other M3's I've driven, so I know it's not related.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #65
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Haha I think that's a good thing though!

I read over my last bill from them and they put "Customer messed with VO codes/installed software (?? I had lighting coding...)" so I bet if I had issues again BMWCanada would get up in arms. Then I'd drive to the next city over, trade it in at their BMW dealership, or go to my local Audi and take the mint 2012 TTRS they have...

If it stays good I will order a BPM tune to get rid of my insanely loud cold start, and start hunting for a used VF595.

Oh I did have a weird thing happen, but it's happened in my old M3, and other M3's I've driven, so I know it's not related.
Sorry I was miss reading your post above ,I had a phone call at the same time !
Agreed that you should talk with Mike about this..

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 06:27 PM   #66
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry I was miss reading your post above ,I had a phone call at the same time !
Agreed that you should talk with Mike about this..
Went out for a wicked drive... Finally tried traction off with S6. What a blast! (snow is finally clear here and gravel is gone, so I thought it was safe).

Im really thinking it's finally fixed. But I'm scared as heck to use anyones EGS flash, so I might leave that and just go with a tune.
Appreciate 0