BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

08-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #485
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
I have JoyeAuto wired for about 4 months now. I have to say so far so good. I don't have any issues you have listed above except phone call volume being tied to music volume. When I'm listening to music at a comfortable volume. The call comes in much lower making me turn up the volume. After the call the music kicks back in and the volume is obnoxiously high.

My microphone seems to work without issues too. The quality is a bit shitty but people can hear me with no echos. It picks up quite a more road noise vs the factory one. I also have no issues using my mic for siri commands. I can voice dial, open apps, change tracks, siri recognizes all of those commands.

It seems from the general vibe of this thread theres still a few bugs to work out with the wireless version. But I think the wired version is rock solid if it's not a defective unit like some people got earlier in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
I'd been using USB Carplay most of the time and the audio sounds exactly the same (via AUX input). No difference that I can tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
Swapped mine over to USB CarPlay, and don't think it sounds any different.

Really glad it's possible to use USB for CarPlay on this unit, solves my auto connection issue since I always plug my phone into power in the car anyway. Connects every time via the cable.

I've attached some images of the factory menus, any idea what the audio one might do?

Also I was able to swap my CarPlay menu from left to right (as traditional in RHD cars), though I switched it back as I prefer it on the other side.

Also found this about that audio chip:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip...st-op-amp.html
My suspicions are that the original opamp in the JoyeAuto wired module is better than the one in the wireless version. I would need to take both apart.

If it is indeed a hardware opamp issue, I might need to do an opamp replacement. That audio forum seems to hate the 4558 opamp. I can believing myself to be in that group as well now.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #486
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...chweb201603_53

I wonder how good the joyauto box is?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #487
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...chweb201603_53

I wonder how good the joyauto box is?
It's the same vendor that Bimmerretrofit uses. It looks larger than the KremerSino Wireless / JoyeAuto Wired packaging. I wonder where you would put it?

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:58 PM   #488
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
It's the same vendor that Bimmerretrofit uses. It looks larger than the KremerSino Wireless / JoyeAuto Wired packaging. I wonder where you would put it?

Probably under the glove box.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 09:25 PM   #489
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

just wondering if anyone has experience comparing this to the android unit like in this thread - https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...etting+android
it doesn't do carplay natively but seems to have a lot of functions, but the thread seems to have died out
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #490
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Hi, I’ve entered to the System Menu and changed MCU type to see if the audio quality changes. But now I can’t control the box with the knob. I’ve tried connecting a USB keyboard but it doesn’t works. If anyone knows how to fix it I’ll appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #491
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
I have JoyeAuto wired for about 4 months now. I have to say so far so good. I don't have any issues you have listed above except phone call volume being tied to music volume. When I'm listening to music at a comfortable volume. The call comes in much lower making me turn up the volume. After the call the music kicks back in and the volume is obnoxiously high.

My microphone seems to work without issues too. The quality is a bit shitty but people can hear me with no echos. It picks up quite a more road noise vs the factory one. I also have no issues using my mic for siri commands. I can voice dial, open apps, change tracks, siri recognizes all of those commands.

It seems from the general vibe of this thread theres still a few bugs to work out with the wireless version. But I think the wired version is rock solid if it's not a defective unit like some people got earlier in this thread.
Are you getting full bass in streaming audio as well? Because even when I used wired (USB) Carplay, the bass is lacking. If the Joyeauto box has better bass then clearly it is processing it differently than the Kremersino unit and may be incentive enough to switch.
      08-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #492
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Are you getting full bass in streaming audio as well? Because even when I used wired (USB) Carplay, the bass is lacking. If the Joyeauto box has better bass then clearly it is processing it differently than the Kremersino unit and may be incentive enough to switch.
FWIW, the JoyeAuto wired version is no longer being sold. Michael@Kremersino told me that the JoyeAuto was a customer of theirs for the wired version. This explains why the box itself was completely identical on the outside and everything of the wired version looks identical to the wireless/USB model I have from Kremersino.

The bass is solid in the JoyeAuto/Kremersino Wired only model.

The current model JoyeAuto sells is not made by Kremersino but by a competitor of theirs. Does anyone on this forum have this model?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #493
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Quote:
FWIW, the JoyeAuto wired version is no longer being sold. Michael@Kremersino told me that the JoyeAuto was a customer of theirs for the wired version. This explains why the box itself was completely identical on the outside and everything of the wired version looks identical to the wireless/USB model I have from Kremersino.

The bass is solid in the JoyeAuto/Kremersino Wired only model.

The current model JoyeAuto sells is not made by Kremersino but by a competitor of theirs. Does anyone on this forum have this model?
Wait, so are you saying that the actual box and audio internals are that different between the wired and wireless versions of the joyeauto and Kremersino? I had thought the only difference was the addition of Wi-Fi.
      08-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #494
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Wait, so are you saying that the actual box and audio internals are that different between the wired and wireless versions of the joyeauto and Kremersino? I had thought the only difference was the addition of Wi-Fi.
Without taking apart, the wired joyeauto and wireless kremersino have the same external box with the exception of the rear wifi antenna pieces. I can only confirm if I take them both apart and investigate the chips. Chances are they are the same. This gives me hope that its a firmware issue.

The current wireless JoyeAuto is a complete different beast.
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy646.00
      08-14-2019, 02:09 AM   #495
warp
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 320i F31 LCI sport

Hi all,

I just received (and installed) the kremersino box.
It's actually a limcet box (it's written in bold on the packaging, and the bluetooth name is limcet).
It's really easy to install, took me more or less 15 min (it's for a NBT system).

Until now I'm happy.......and not at the same time.
Why ? Because it simply does what it has to.
I have a 6.5" display, and thought it would be more than enough. But Waze on Carplay displays bigger menus (next turn on top left and arrival time on bottom left).
There's also the carplay menu on the left.
It ends up having half of the display hidden by menus.
On the other hand I don't have to plug my phone anymore when driving. So it's much better.

Concerning the sound :
- I still didn't test a phone call
- I tested whatsapp with Siri and it worked at first try. It seems to be using the integrated mic, since I didn't plug the box mic yet. (or would it use the iPhone mic ??).
- Spotify sound is more than decent. reading all feedbacks made me think it would be totally unusable, but I have to admit the sound is great. Really.

Now I will use it in the next days, and maybe give another feedback if I discover new stuff.

Feel free to ask questions.
Warp

Edit : I compared the sound with live radio and a radio app at the same time (switching with shortcuts on the radio).
Obviously the sound is better with the integrated radio.
However in order to really compare both sounds, I wanted to check the radio with the iPhone alone, connected to AUX-in.
....and I was not able to do so. I removed the CarPlay jack to plug it on the iPhone, but the sound continued to play from the CarPlay box !!!
Furthermore no sound from the iPhone can be played through aux-in.
It seems the box connects directly to aux-in via the quad lock connector.

Last edited by warp; 08-14-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 04:03 AM   #496
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Yep it's on the boot screen when you restart it too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #497
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp View Post
Hi all,

I just received (and installed) the kremersino box.
It's actually a limcet box (it's written in bold on the packaging, and the bluetooth name is limcet).
It's really easy to install, took me more or less 15 min (it's for a NBT system).

Until now I'm happy.......and not at the same time.
Why ? Because it simply does what it has to.
I have a 6.5" display, and thought it would be more than enough. But Waze on Carplay displays bigger menus (next turn on top left and arrival time on bottom left).
There's also the carplay menu on the left.
It ends up having half of the display hidden by menus.
On the other hand I don't have to plug my phone anymore when driving. So it's much better.

Concerning the sound :
- I still didn't test a phone call
- I tested whatsapp with Siri and it worked at first try. It seems to be using the integrated mic, since I didn't plug the box mic yet. (or would it use the iPhone mic ??).
- Spotify sound is more than decent. reading all feedbacks made me think it would be totally unusable, but I have to admit the sound is great. Really.

Now I will use it in the next days, and maybe give another feedback if I discover new stuff.

Feel free to ask questions.
Warp

Edit : I compared the sound with live radio and a radio app at the same time (switching with shortcuts on the radio).
Obviously the sound is better with the integrated radio.
However in order to really compare both sounds, I wanted to check the radio with the iPhone alone, connected to AUX-in.
....and I was not able to do so. I removed the CarPlay jack to plug it on the iPhone, but the sound continued to play from the CarPlay box !!!
Furthermore no sound from the iPhone can be played through aux-in.
It seems the box connects directly to aux-in via the quad lock connector.
I feel like people with base audio or HIFI systems do not have any audio quality issues but if your car has a MOST powered amp you have a lower quality audio then you had before
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #498
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
I feel like people with base audio or HIFI systems do not have any audio quality issues but if your car has a MOST powered amp you have a lower quality audio then you had before
I have lower quality issues and I have HiFi VO 676
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 11:51 PM   #499
Rid3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

I know few Of you guys are running ios13 beta, I upgraded today and now the iphone won't connect to kremersino unit, I have to delete and pair from scratch every time, anyone else have the issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 09:33 PM   #500
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3r View Post
I know few Of you guys are running ios13 beta, I upgraded today and now the iphone won't connect to kremersino unit, I have to delete and pair from scratch every time, anyone else have the issue?
Yep, I swapped my unit over to wired CarPlay because the connection issue was becoming increasingly annoying (aka. was driving my car more often haha). See attached image for the settings panel.

I'm running iOS 13 beta, last time I tested it was dev beta 6, haven't tried wireless since I updated to dev 7. Will wait for the final version to come out next month and switch it back, see if the issue is resolved.

I let Michael from Krem know about the issue I was having, but he doesn't have a device running iOS 13 beta to replicate and test the issue.

To set it to wired mode you follow these instructions (posted previously by another member)

Quote:
How to set wireless/wired carplay/Android Auto

1, At CarPlay interface, choose setting
2, Click system info--factory mode
3, Insert password 688612
4, Choose factory setting
5, Click Android link type--choose Android Auto-ok
6, Click Iphone link type--choose CarPlay wireless means wireless version Choose CarPlay means wired version-ok
7, After choose the one you want, click APPLY-SYNC
8, After SYNC finish-backup-choose system update-ok
9, The box will restart and setting finish
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Rid3r120.50
      08-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #501
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Been spending more time driving my car this week, and have been using the factory BMW bluetooth audio streaming (with CarPlay displaying as normal) to get the best sound quality. It's definitely a lot better than the Krem wireless CarPlay unit (even in wired mode). I have the HK system with factory bluetooth streaming in my car.

I can't get Waze voice/alerts to work this way which is a pain, but most of the time simply having it displayed on the iDrive screen is enough.

Damn I love having CarPlay in this car
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 02:09 AM   #502
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Some shots of the new android auto working on the box. Hilarious how both CP and AA look almost identical now

Interestingly it supports the sideways motions of the controller, unlike CarPlay. Look forward to the CarPlay dashboard supporting other mapping apps, looks great in AA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
6ixSpd5996.50
      08-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #503
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

Hello everyone, would someone be so kind as to make a video to see how the Android version of joyeauto works? With the same device I understand that it has double function. Both android or Apple not?

Thank you all!

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 03:40 AM   #504
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochen_00 View Post
Hello everyone, would someone be so kind as to make a video to see how the Android version of joyeauto works? With the same device I understand that it has double function. Both android or Apple not?

Thank you all!
It's the same as every other car with Android Auto, plug it in and it's projected from your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=android+auto
Appreciate 1
Rochen_00349.50
      08-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #505
warp
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 320i F31 LCI sport

Here is an update, since I now have it working for several days.
First of all the sound quality is bad. Don't know why it sounded correct the first day....maybe because I was expecting it to be really awful.

I tried to compare the sound, and the conclusion is surprising.
I tested the radio on the integrated car radio, then via an app on the iphone via bluetooth, via the same app on carplay through aux-in and finally via the app on carplay but through bluetooth.
1. integrated radio : sound is really good. Bass are punchy, medium are great as well as highs.
2. app on the iphone : sound is almost the same. Difficult to tell if there's a difference. So the bluetooth connection works perfectly.
3. app on carplay, aux-in : sound is bad as said before. It seems like it's enclosed in a box, with reverb. Bass are not present, nor are mediums. Sounds like there's a high-pass filter, and an added reverb. (which makes no sense, but it's the sound feeling)
4. app on carplay, bluetooth : surprisingly the sound is not better. It's the same as the sound from aux-in.

The last test is quite disappointing. I was expecting to have the same sound as the bluetooth sound.
Looks like carplay is playing a role in the bad quality, which also makes no sense.

Difficult to take a conclusion on what could be the reason, what to improve.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #506
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
FYI - the latest Kremersino FW update is out. I haven't installed it yet, but Michael just sent it to me. According to him it will address "calling echo, noisy audio, and IOS 13 connection bug".
Hope to to do the update and test by the weekend.

Last edited by PACarGuy; 08-21-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
derbo3592.00