BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

11-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
Jerezblack.m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Hifi jl audio xd600/6v2 amp settings?

I just got this jl audio xd600/6v2 and i dont know where to set it up. I know every ear is different but can you guys recommend me a good settings? Mainly listen to rock, jazz, and sometimes hiphop

Also im getting static noises?
subwoofer seems not to be working too
Attached Images

Last edited by Jerezblack.m3; 11-30-2020 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #2
Slanski62
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

I’ve got the 8 channel version of that amp. I’m using channels 7&8 in bridged mode to a sub in the trunk. The way the inputs and outputs are set up, you have to choose whether the under seat subs are considered Front or Rear. They will be controlled by the F/R fader. For your crossover points, start with front and rear main speakers at 60 Hz high pass and then set the under seat subs to 60Hz low pass. Also, I’d turn the gains, especially on the front main speakers way down — maybe to 25-30%. Otherwise, the gongs in the car will be way too loud. Start there and play around with it but change only one thing at a time.

In my experience, you really need to put a DSP between the head unit and that amp. I got mine from Audio Control but JL makes one too. A DSP will let you do way more to adjust the sound, blend channels, etc. Good luck.
Appreciate 0