BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

11-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Album art on combox equipped cars...

For those with post Sept 2011 built cars that have the new combox, a question on displaying album art. Saw an interior picture of a new F10 showing the iDrive with the split screen. Rather than the small Nav window on the right side this iDrive displayed a larger view of the album art. On my car I can only see the small album art that shows when viewing the "Current playback" option for the iPod. Anyone know how to display the larger album art on the split screen or is that something not available on our M3's? I had assumed that the iDrive system would be the same on the M3 and F10 as long as both had the combox but perhaps that is not correct...

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
For those with post Sept 2011 built cars that have the new combox, a question on displaying album art. Saw an interior picture of a new F10 showing the iDrive with the split screen. Rather than the small Nav window on the right side this iDrive displayed a larger view of the album art. On my car I can only see the small album art that shows when viewing the "Current playback" option for the iPod. Anyone know how to display the larger album art on the split screen or is that something not available on our M3's? I had assumed that the iDrive system would be the same on the M3 and F10 as long as both had the combox but perhaps that is not correct...

Thanks in advance!
Highlight the split screen and click options, under there you can select multimedia details or something like that. That will show the album art.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalshy99 View Post
Highlight the split screen and click options, under there you can select multimedia details or something like that. That will show the album art.
Thanks but tried that and there is no option there that makes the album art show up on the split (smaller) portion of the screen. I do get the much smaller album art that appears next to the album and song title on the larger part of the split screen... Oh well, must be something different about the F10 iDrive system that allows this.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

You can show the album art on the split screen (although I don't remember exactly how I did it. I believe it has to do with options on the split screen and what you want to display (i.e., mine is currently set to map position)...but I have selected it to show the album art on that side.
      11-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Thanks but tried that and there is no option there that makes the album art show up on the split (smaller) portion of the screen. I do get the much smaller album art that appears next to the album and song title on the larger part of the split screen... Oh well, must be something different about the F10 iDrive system that allows this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
You can show the album art on the split screen (although I don't remember exactly how I did it. I believe it has to do with options on the split screen and what you want to display (i.e., mine is currently set to map position)...but I have selected it to show the album art on that side.
I just had this working on my car today... the way I mentioned above is the way to do it. You click right to bring up the split screen. At the bottom you click the split screen content option and in there you select entertainment details. Once the song starts playing give it a few seconds and it will show up.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalshy99 View Post
I just had this working on my car today... the way I mentioned above is the way to do it. You click right to bring up the split screen. At the bottom you click the split screen content option and in there you select entertainment details. Once the song starts playing give it a few seconds and it will show up.
Got it, thanks guys!
Appreciate 0