BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

02-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
///Armin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Ericsson trunk fitment

Is it just me or the lines do not match properly in the first trunk vs the second? I believe the first pic is RFP and second is carbon.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

the first pic is of my car... and i can tell you its only the lighting playing a trick with you...

i defiantly see what your talking about... but really it was just wrong angle at the wrong time at the wrong light....

the fitment lines are right online for the FRP trunk... when i walk around the car.. it looks just like the 2nd and 3rd pics you posted of the actual Amuse car...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
And it's FRP, you can have your body shop add or cut fiberglass from the trunk to fit it the way you like it.
      02-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
TonyTone
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 VERT

Cant wait to see one in person!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Judging by the pics it looks 10/10 man. I think its the angle the shot was taken. And with fitment that good, the shop installing it can always shave and cut little bits here and there to make it fit 100% OEM perfect.
      02-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

The first pic bumper to quarter panel alignment looks uneven. Looks tighter in some spots as opposed to others.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
///Armin
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
the first pic is of my car... and i can tell you its only the lighting playing a trick with you...

i defiantly see what your talking about... but really it was just wrong angle at the wrong time at the wrong light....

the fitment lines are right online for the FRP trunk... when i walk around the car.. it looks just like the 2nd and 3rd pics you posted of the actual Amuse car...
Do you mind taking some more pics and posting them? you're pretty much the only one on here that has the trunk so far so it would help out a lot. I'm interested in getting the bodykit but I can't accept fitment issues for that kind of money.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Armin View Post
Do you mind taking some more pics and posting them? you're pretty much the only one on here that has the trunk so far so it would help out a lot. I'm interested in getting the bodykit but I can't accept fitment issues for that kind of money.

Thanks!
Dude, get over it. It's FRP. It never comes out of the mold perfect. Your body shop would have to fit it and tweak it for it to fit perfect.
      02-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

just add some white clay to it and it will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
Shade
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 AW F10 M5

Fitting and tweaking will be fine ! assuming you are paying big bucks for top notch quality Japaneses product.

I also think its just the lighting and photo angle problems. My last Vorsteiner truck want installed properly, and a few tweaking the trunk is back to perfect fitment !

08 E92 M3 AW M-DCT

09 INDxRENN-SPEC Project GT-R
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #11
GTM
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

None of our customer had any issue with fitments.

1st picture look like it needs little mount adjustment where it adjust how trunk closes.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Ericsson trunk =

I wonder if they have plans for an e90 version in the future? Or am I stuck with the VRS.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
///Armin
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Dude, get over it. It's FRP. It never comes out of the mold perfect. Your body shop would have to fit it and tweak it for it to fit perfect.
And dude maybe you should move on to another post. I'm about to spend a lot of money on these parts and I'll ask as many questions as I need to. Since you don't own it and have no positive input you can just move along. Thanks for the lesson on FRP, but I don't need it.

"1st picture look like it needs little mount adjustment where it adjust how trunk closes."

I don't see how adjusting it would make it fit, if you look at the top its alighment perfectly, any adjustment would cause the top not be alighned.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And dude maybe you should move on to another post. I'm about to spend a lot of money on these parts and I'll ask as many questions as I need to. Since you don't own it and have no positive input you can just move along. Thanks for the lesson on FRP, but I don't need it.

"1st picture look like it needs little mount adjustment where it adjust how trunk closes."

I don't see how adjusting it would make it fit, if you look at the top its alighment perfectly, any adjustment would cause the top not be alighned.
Oh..... someone is a little offended because he has money to spend on nice FRP parts....... It really shows that money doesn't buy you class. So, you have money to buy the parts but don't have the brain to learn about the manufacturing process and proper installation of the parts? Why bother posting your questions then? You are questioning about a slightly misaligned trunk that is already fitted, prepped, painted, and installed. If you can't just accept the fact FRP doesn't fit straight out of the box, you should be the one to move on to another thread. Maybe try to invest a little more money into getting the honeycomb carbon fiber composite parts instead since you have so much money?

FRP = fiberglass and from what little experience I had with fiberglass on my R32 and R33 GTS and with some Hamann FRP parts on my old E92, they almost never fit right straight out of the box. You need to find a good body shop to fit the part to you car. They might have to shave or add fiberglass to make the parts fit perfect. Different aftermarket parts manufacturers have different tolerance on the variation between body parts manufactured with the same mold. I'm pretty sure Powerhouse Amuse have a pretty low tolerance for variance so their body kit should fit pretty well.
      02-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #16
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Oh..... someone is a little offended because he has money to spend on nice FRP parts....... It really shows that money doesn't buy you class. So, you have money to buy the parts but don't have the brain to learn about the manufacturing process and proper installation of the parts? Why bother posting your questions then? You are questioning about a slightly misaligned trunk that is already fitted, prepped, painted, and installed. If you can't just accept the fact FRP doesn't fit straight out of the box, you should be the one to move on to another thread. Maybe try to invest a little more money into getting the honeycomb carbon fiber composite parts instead since you have so much money?

FRP = fiberglass and from what little experience I had with fiberglass on my R32 and R33 GTS and with some Hamann FRP parts on my old E92, they almost never fit right straight out of the box. You need to find a good body shop to fit the part to you car. They might have to shave or add fiberglass to make the parts fit perfect. Different aftermarket parts manufacturers have different tolerance on the variation between body parts manufactured with the same mold. I'm pretty sure Powerhouse Amuse have a pretty low tolerance for variance so their body kit should fit pretty well.
have to agree on that part ...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
RT8_M3
drives a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: e46 M3/F10 535i/e93 335i

Fitment looks good to me. Like the others said, it's probably the lighting and angle.

-2oo3 AW E46 M3
-2o11 SG F10 535i 6MT
-2o12 AW E93 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
GTM
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
From the first picture....

If you look at the where the tail lights and circled area, I am pretty sure it just need some adjustments.
Top line is really hard to tell from that pictures because of the lighting.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
HighQ
Quality is everything
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
Glad to hear it's just the lighting, I made a comment on "the 6" about the trunk fitment because it really does look like bad fitment.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #20
DirrtysAnchez335i
BeAsT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 bmw 335i

i love that Ericsson trunk
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #21
baarii
Major