BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

12-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Recently purchased a Ryobi 1700 pressure washer ( need help)

Hey all, I tried searching the forums before posting this but I do apologize if I missed it.

I just delved into my first purchase of a power washer and I am very excited for my first wash with it. I purchased the Ryobi 1700 psi 1.2 GM pressure washer from Home Depot and now I am in the market to pair this guy with a foam cannon.

Many have suggested MTM foam cannon but I believe that it will not fit my pressure washer unless I get an adapter. How do I go about checking which foam cannons will fit my pressure washer right out of the box?

IF I do need an adapter which do I need? apologies if this may be a slightly stupid question. New to the pressure washer game so any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

For reference incase anyone would like to see the specs of my pressure washer here is the link:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-...4122/203800590
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Hey all, I tried searching the forums before posting this but I do apologize if I missed it.

I just delved into my first purchase of a power washer and I am very excited for my first wash with it. I purchased the Ryobi 1700 psi 1.2 GM pressure washer from Home Depot and now I am in the market to pair this guy with a foam cannon.

Many have suggested MTM foam cannon but I believe that it will not fit my pressure washer unless I get an adapter. How do I go about checking which foam cannons will fit my pressure washer right out of the box?

IF I do need an adapter which do I need? apologies if this may be a slightly stupid question. New to the pressure washer game so any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

For reference incase anyone would like to see the specs of my pressure washer here is the link:

You'll need a couple of adapters to make it work.
-M22 to 15mm
-M22 to 3/8" plug
-Female and Male 3/8" plug and coupler

Get the MTM Foam Cannon for sure. Either the older version or the newer PF22 will work. The newer version is compact and has more adjustability. It also seems to produce a bit more foam.

Check out Matt from Obsessed Garage. He's done all of the legwork and vetted all of the products he sells.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...other-m22-15mm
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Was going to post this ^
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
Was going to post this ^
I still need to make it over to OGHQ to check it out.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
I still need to make it over to OGHQ to check it out.
I am trying to wait for an open house or something
Appreciate 1
Hagasan41261.50
      12-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i'm going through the same thing... you really have to ditch the hose it comes with anyways. i don't have the same pressure washer, but i'm sure it is garbage. i got the adam's polishes short gun/foamer and a 75' mtm hose. good stuff so far.
      12-04-2018, 08:29 PM   #7
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post

You'll need a couple of adapters to make it work.
-M22 to 15mm
-M22 to 3/8" plug
-Female and Male 3/8" plug and coupler

Get the MTM Foam Cannon for sure. Either the older version or the newer PF22 will work. The newer version is compact and has more adjustability. It also seems to produce a bit more foam.

Check out Matt from Obsessed Garage. He's done all of the legwork and vetted all of the products he sells.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...other-m22-15mm
I have these for sale if needed. Brand new never used. Pm if anybody needs them! Will be creating post tomorrow.
      12-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #8
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

update:

So I went ahead and purchased a MATCC adjustable foam cannon which is pretty cheap on amazon, I will link it at the bottom. I was unsure if it would fit but figured I could always just get an adapter if need be... come to my surprise the 1/4'' quick connect snapped right onto my pressure washer wand with ease and I used it today.

The results:

This cheap foam cannon works amazing. I do not have any prior experience with a pressure washer or a foam cannon, but from videos and reviews I know how a decent one should work. This cannon provided such an amazing foam on my buddies car that came over to test it out ( my M was already cleaned so have to wait until next wash day).

I am extremely satisfied with the results. Next wash day which will be soon I will take a photo or video and post it here. Im happy I didn't waste my money on an expensive cannon....

Heres the link for anyone interested

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, for the soap I ordered Honeydew foam by chemical guys. Smells delicious and creates loads of suds.

Cheers!

Last edited by Siajoon; 12-04-2018 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
CSBM52695.50
      01-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #9
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

You should get a 1.1mm orifice for that foam cannon so you can get thick shaving cream like foam.

That being said I just went through a similar project with my pressure washer which evolved into a wash station. I started with a greenworks pressure washer, upgraded the hose, gun, cannon, reel, and planned to remove the pump from the cart and bolt it to my wall. I got tired of assembling and disassembling with quick connects for every wash. Just wanted to pull the garden hose to the washer, switch it on, then pull out the pressure washer hose. Anyhow my greenworks eventually started wearing down so just recently upgraded to a Comet + all my upgraded stuff from Obsessed Garage.

Here's what it looks like now... I'd start with getting a longer hose and mounting the pump to the wall.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
roastbeef11571.50
Siajoon1853.50
      01-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #10
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Btw here is a Riyobi removed from its chassis and wall mounted.

This is what I was originally going to do with my Greenworks until it stopped putting out enough output to properly foam.
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1853.50