BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

02-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #23
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
I'm always attentive to the sounds. Not a problem or issue one to date. :knocksonwood:
      02-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #24
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrots View Post
I own a 2008 and the piece of mind i get is knowing my car wont be towed away if i miss some payments or fall ill and cant pay

I would rather buy used and buy outright

looks the same runs the same but cost me £25k less
Why assume that people who buy new automatically have to worry about missing payments, that's a different problem it's called buying something you can't afford even with financing. I could easily have paid mine in full cash from day one. I took a short financing incentive to get an extra discount and paid it off in only a couple of month. The M3 is not the kind of car I would ever buy used especially if previously leased (god forbid there were multiple owners !). Leasing is just a nice word to say long term rented (abused) car.
I bought many used cars before and it is always a big compromise most of times unless you get lucky. Good luck with repairs. Not to mention new gives you 4 years of full warranty and peace of mind, and a mint interior and mirror like paint. You do not get that peace of mind with used.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #25
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
I never want to be convinced that I shouldn't keep this beautiful beast for a few decades and put hundreds of thousands of miles on her.
+1 that S65 is too good
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #26
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3AN View Post
To be honest though, I have already had as much, maybe more fun in my 2008...

But yes, I did enjoy my "Brand new in the box with tag" M3 as well...
Did I mention that it was NEW?
I wish you many more decades of enjoying your M3 bought directly from the manufacturer. I Hope you kept the tag
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
ChrisF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP, '10 997.2 GT3

Buying new doesn't guarantee you any better reliability than used if you purchase smartly. Mirror like paint and supple leather is something any decent detailer can restore for a few hundred bucks. If you're worried about repairs, buy CPO and you'll get your 4 years of warranty.

Honestly, new car ownership in most cases is really overrated. I don't get the whole virginal mentality for mechanical objects. Some of the best cars I've owned (including my GT3) were purchased used. If you want to buy new and justify your purchase, go for it; it's your money. But please don't tell us we purchased abused lemons because we bought used. It's just simply untrue.

Last edited by ChrisF; 02-19-2014 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #28
SWOT1
The Hammock Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC, X3 M40i, E93 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post

Honestly, new car ownership in most cases is really overrated. I honestly don't get the whole virginal mentality for mechanical objects. Some of the best cars I've owned (including my GT3) were purchased used. If you want to buy new and justify your purchase, go for it; it's your money. But please don't tell us we purchased abused lemons because we bought used. It's just simply untrue.
+1

For the few of you where money is really no object... sure, buy new and be done with it. For the rest of us it's just smart! Bought my M with 24k miles in absolutely MINT condition with extended warranty for $32,000 less than the new sticker price.... best car purchase I've ever made!!

- '20 X3MC | Alpine White | Black Alcantara/Midrand Beige | loaded | 295/265 PS4S
- '09 E93 M3 | Alpine White | Bamboo Beige Novillo | DCT | loaded | Chrome M220 Wheels - 275/255 PSS
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #29
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Buying new doesn't guarantee you any better reliability than used if you purchase smartly. Mirror like paint and supple leather is something any decent detailer can restore for a few hundred bucks. If you're worried about repairs, buy CPO and you'll get your 4 years of warranty.

Honestly, new car ownership in most cases is really overrated. I honestly don't get the whole virginal mentality for mechanical objects. Some of the best cars I've owned (including my GT3) were purchased used. If you want to buy new and justify your purchase, go for it; it's your money. But please don't tell us we purchased abused lemons because we bought used. It's just simply untrue.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that buying new is overrated even in "most cases" as long as we're talking about MT's when one considers that dealership staff have been known to disregard break in procedures by encouraging potential buyers to do things to the car that shouldn't be done (e.g. redlining brand new car). Opinions vary, but mine is this: If it's a manual, no way I'm buying used or even a lot/showroom unit. Call it over caution if you will, but no way I'm going there having seen and experienced what eager-to-seal-a-deal sales' staffers will say or do to get a sale. New, one can break it in by the book or not, have a pristine front end for clear bra, and there is no chance of unwanted surprises. To each his/her own, but I know what I like.