BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
167
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaxndapickel View Post
If anyone has not seen Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmels show, go watch "Guillermo at Super bowl opening night 2018". Pretty funny!
Tx man, you were right.

Why does that Tom have to be so likable? Making it hard for me to root against the Pats lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #68
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vooonoo's Avatar
367
Rep
718
Posts

Drives: f30 328
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: nj

iTrader: (0)

I can't wait for sunday!.... but i can wait for monday.... Go birds
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #69
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
86
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Tx man, you were right.

Why does that Tom have to be so likable? Making it hard for me to root against the Pats lol.
I know right! I deff am not rooting for the pats but I don't hate tom.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!! 🦅
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #70
jgoens
Major General
jgoens's Avatar
3274
Rep
5,470
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Tx man, you were right.

Why does that Tom have to be so likable? Making it hard for me to root against the Pats lol.
Yeah, it's true. The patriots are probably one of my least favorite, but watching Brady is a thrill and in some way it's like you want to see him make the comeback. He's popular here, being from San Mateo. And also having watched the Facebook documentary Tom vs Time just showed his true character.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #71
PA135ii
Person of interest
69
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Are we seeing two dynasties at a crossroads here?

The Patriots on the downside and the Eagles just starting theirs.
Regardless if the Eagles win this game or not, they are doing it without their best player Carson Wentz .. Philly fans are in for a few more trips to this game in the next 10 years.

BUDLIGHT is ready. DILLY DILLY IN PHILLY PHILLY.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #72
CSI
Private First Class
United_States
26
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 09e92m3 & 02e39m5
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Stay classy Philly fans.

https://instagram.com/p/BesQRJ9lkeK/...ource=ig_embed
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #73
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
86
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
All teams have shitty fans, not just philly. Did you see the video of the Vikings fans beating up a 13 year old saints fan?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #74
CSI
Private First Class
United_States
26
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 09e92m3 & 02e39m5
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaxndapickel View Post
All teams have shitty fans, not just philly. Did you see the video of the Vikings fans beating up a 13 year old saints fan?
Yes, they do. The problem with Philly fans is that it's about 90% of them that act this way. I get it, your city's teams have sucked for a very long time, but try to remember it's just a friggin child's game and throwing glass at strangers because they're wearing an opposing teams shirt is beyond unacceptable. Philly fans threw snowballs at Santa Claus if I recall correctly. Absolute Neanderthals.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto1765.50

      02-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #75
gallian93
Captain
gallian93's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: 10 e90 M3/72 tii
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: philadelphia PA

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!!!!!

E_A_G_L_E_S .....EAGLES!!!!

sorry, obnoxious philly fan here!!!! we are all doing the time, so may as well commit the crime....

E_A_G_L_E_S .....EAGLES!!!!

here is a link to overblown reputation as the ONLY rowdy fans in all of footballdom

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/03/58287...tion-overblown
__________________
2010 e90 M3 (Current)1972 BMW 2002tii (for me)(Current)2007 335 IX (for everyone, winter car)(Current)2011 X5 5.0i (for wife) (Current)
2008 Z4 MC (for me)(sold 2017)2011 X6M (for new baby) (sold 2015)2008 E93 M3 (Traded 2013)2005 e46 M3(solidified affair)(wrecked 2010)In 2007 -2002 330Ci (started love affair)(Sold 2009)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #76
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
RedCarrot's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
The Pats are a GREAT team/dynasty, no doubt about that. *However*, TWO of the SBs were gifted due to bone-headed plays of the opposing team. Also, if the deflategate thing didn't matter, don't do it in the first place, obviously it's some intangible thing.

I dunno why anyone would root for the Pats. So boring.

Fly Eagles fly!
You conveniently forgot Pats “gifted” away SB 42 when Asante Samuel dropped an easy pick on the Giants’ winning TD drive, and the refs “gifted” Giants the Tyree’s catch by ignoring 2 blatant holdings on the play by their OL.

You also forgot Seahawks were “gifted” a 33-yard catch on that drive when the defended/deflected ball fell on Kearse’s lap while he was sitting on the ground.

You lack understanding of basic science. See the tire pressure difference between when a car has been sitting in a warm garage and when that same car has been sitting in a cold parking lot. It’s a very simple experiment to conduct on football if you so choose... or watch such experiments on YouTube conducted by esteemed academics. Lastly, did you know 3 of 4 Colts footballs measured were under-inflated below limit?
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'14 Corvette Stingray (2014-2017)
'05 Boxster S (2005 - 2014)
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 03:03 PM   #77
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
167
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCarrot View Post
You conveniently forgot Pats “gifted” away SB 42 when Asante Samuel dropped an easy pick on the Giants’ winning TD drive, and the refs “gifted” Giants the Tyree’s catch by ignoring 2 blatant holdings on the play by their OL.

You also forgot Seahawks were “gifted” a 33-yard catch on that drive when the defended/deflected ball fell on Kearse’s lap while he was sitting on the ground.

You lack understanding of basic science. See the tire pressure difference between when a car has been sitting in a warm garage and when that same car has been sitting in a cold parking lot. It’s a very simple experiment to conduct on football if you so choose... or watch such experiments on YouTube conducted by esteemed academics. Lastly, did you know 3 of 4 Colts footballs measured were under-inflated below limit?
I'm talking about Pats SB wins, no idea about their losses.

Re deflategate, it was proven they messed w the pressures, the silly thing was it was all obviously some intangible preference. Still, don't ignore that fact and make excuses.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #78
uniqueMR
Lieutenant Colonel
uniqueMR's Avatar
United_States
709
Rep
1,747
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M4 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Eagles deserve a win but Patriots are favorite to win
1 day to go for Superbowl
__________________
Currently: 2018 BMW M4 Competition & 2018 Audi S3 Prestige
Previous BMWs: 2016 340i, 2012 M3 CP, 2003 745Li, 2000 740i
Previously Owned: Honda, Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Volkswagen
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #79
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
RedCarrot's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm talking about Pats SB wins, no idea about their losses.

Re deflategate, it was proven they messed w the pressures, the silly thing was it was all obviously some intangible preference. Still, don't ignore that fact and make excuses.
So you take away Pats SB wins by other teams’ “boneheaded” plays but you don’t flip Pats SB loses to wins when Pats made “boneheaded” plays in those loses?

How about Julio Jones’ slip and fall in the end zone on Falcon’s last offensive play? Eagles would have gone home one-and-done if not for that “boneheaded” play, according to your logic.

What is the prove they messed with the pressure? The science proved exactly otherwise, you just choose to ignore it. You’d think any car enthusiast would understand the correlation between temperature and air pressure.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'14 Corvette Stingray (2014-2017)
'05 Boxster S (2005 - 2014)
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #80
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
167
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCarrot View Post
So you take away Pats SB wins by other teams’ “boneheaded” plays but you don’t flip Pats SB loses to wins when Pats made “boneheaded” plays in those loses?

How about Julio Jones’ slip and fall in the end zone on Falcon’s last offensive play? Eagles would have gone home one-and-done if not for that “boneheaded” play, according to your logic.

What is the prove they messed with the pressure? The science proved exactly otherwise, you just choose to ignore it. You’d think any car enthusiast would understand the correlation between temperature and air pressure.
I'm not aware of those other teams' supposed gaffes; anyway, I'm talking about *SB* gaffes, who knows/cares what happens in the playoffs, even if they win no guarantee they'll lift the trophy.

If they don't want their detractors to have any ammo, stop w/ the voodoo messing around w/ the pressures (esp since it's all psychological), are you saying they were innocent and 0 was done to the balls? Cmon.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #81
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1346
Rep
9,654
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...with-illnesses


Hopefully it’ not the bird flu that they caught...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #82
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
RedCarrot's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm not aware of those other teams' supposed gaffes; anyway, I'm talking about *SB* gaffes, who knows/cares what happens in the playoffs, even if they win no guarantee they'll lift the trophy.

If they don't want their detractors to have any ammo, stop w/ the voodoo messing around w/ the pressures (esp since it's all psychological), are you saying they were innocent and 0 was done to the balls? Cmon.
I did bring up SB gaffes - those committed by the Pats. My point was if you are going to take away Pats SB wins bc of other teams’ gaffe, then it’s only fare that you credit Pats SB wins on actual losses that were attributed by Pats’ own gaffe.

I am saying they are innocent. I still don’t see the prove that you mentioned. Please do one simple, honest experiment for me and I will cease my argument with you on this forever. Inflate a warm room temperature football or basketball (that does not leak) to 13 psi. Then leave it in your Toronto outdoor or in your fridge (game time temperature was low 40’s F, and wet) for 1.5 hrs. Then measure the psi of that same ball with the same gauge. You should find psi would drop by 1 to 2 psi, the same psi range that the Pats AND COLTS footballs had lost by when measured during half time.

Other absolute FACTS to consider on the 2 micky mouse gauges that the ref used to measure the footballs before game time and at halftime: both have bent needles (damaged); one has needle twice the length of the other; one measures .5 psi higher than the other; and the ref didn’t remember which gauge he used to measure which balls or when.

NFL finally decided to seriously capture ball psi data for all teams in the following 2015 season, but refused to release that data despite insistence from the media and public. But if one is willing to watch some credible experiment on YouTube, and/or conduct a similar experiment him/herself, and/or understand the Ideal Gas Law, and/or listen to esteemed academics/experts (some of whom are in NY and lifetime Jets fan) on the subject matter, he/she can arrive at the conclusion that Goddell is hoping to hide from you.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'14 Corvette Stingray (2014-2017)
'05 Boxster S (2005 - 2014)
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:42 PM   #83
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
167
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCarrot View Post
I did bring up SB gaffes - those committed by the Pats. My point was if you are going to take away Pats SB wins bc of other teams’ gaffe, then it’s only fare that you credit Pats SB wins on actual losses that were attributed by Pats’ own gaffe.

I am saying they are innocent. I still don’t see the prove that you mentioned. Please do one simple, honest experiment for me and I will cease my argument with you on this forever. Inflate a warm room temperature football or basketball (that does not leak) to 13 psi. Then leave it in your Toronto outdoor or in your fridge (game time temperature was low 40’s F, and wet) for 1.5 hrs. Then measure the psi of that same ball with the same gauge. You should find psi would drop by 1 to 2 psi, the same psi range that the Pats AND COLTS footballs had lost by when measured during half time.

Other absolute FACTS to consider on the 2 micky mouse gauges that the ref used to measure the footballs before game time and at halftime: both have bent needles (damaged); one has needle twice the length of the other; one measures .5 psi higher than the other; and the ref didn’t remember which gauge he used to measure which balls or when.

NFL finally decided to seriously capture ball psi data for all teams in the following 2015 season, but refused to release that data despite insistence from the media and public. But if one is willing to watch some credible experiment on YouTube, and/or conduct a similar experiment him/herself, and/or understand the Ideal Gas Law, and/or listen to esteemed academics/experts (some of whom are in NY and lifetime Jets fan) on the subject matter, he/she can arrive at the conclusion that Goddell is hoping to hide from you.
Like I said, I'm not aware of the Pats gaffes. not as to crucial plays. Anyway...

Well, Brady was suspended right? I'm not sure how you really could believe they didn't do anything w the balls...Bet your life think so that kind?

Well, you jinxed it for the Pats tmw hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #84
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
RedCarrot's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Like I said, I'm not aware of the Pats gaffes. not as to crucial plays. Anyway...

Well, Brady was suspended right? I'm not sure how you really could believe they didn't do anything w the balls...Bet your life think so that kind?

Well, you jinxed it for the Pats tmw hahaha.
Not as crucial? They are all game changing plays inside the last 2 minutes of SB games! You clearly don’t know anything about SB history even when that info is provided to you (reread my first post).

Knew you would use the suspension as barometer for guilt while ignoring hard scientific evidence proving otherwise. That would be like measuring the distance between Boston and Cape of Hope using a rubber band instead of GPS in order to fit your narrative. Look into the suspension records under Goodell, and why players are preparing to “go to war” in the next CBA negotiation.

And jinx my @$$. If Brady putting himself on the cover of Madden this season doesn’t jinx the Pats, nothing you or I say or do will.

I am still waiting for the evidence you spoke of. And an explanation why the Colts balls were also under inflated.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'14 Corvette Stingray (2014-2017)
'05 Boxster S (2005 - 2014)
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #85
Josh (PA)
Second Lieutenant
208
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: '11 135 vert, '13 x5, '03 e46
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Downingtown, PA

iTrader: (0)

Eagles Nation representing... Fly Eagles, Fly:


and the Underdog
Appreciate 2
vooonoo367.00

      02-04-2018, 12:22 AM   #86
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
86
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Eagles Nation representing... Fly Eagles, Fly:


and the Underdog
Yeah man!!!! Your dogs gorgeous and beautiful house!

LETS GO EAGLES!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:34 AM   #87
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
167
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCarrot View Post
Not as crucial? They are all game changing plays inside the last 2 minutes of SB games! You clearly don’t know anything about SB history even when that info is provided to you (reread my first post).

Knew you would use the suspension as barometer for guilt while ignoring hard scientific evidence proving otherwise. That would be like measuring the distance between Boston and Cape of Hope using a rubber band instead of GPS in order to fit your narrative. Look into the suspension records under Goodell, and why players are preparing to “go to war” in the next CBA negotiation.

And jinx my @$$. If Brady putting himself on the cover of Madden this season doesn’t jinx the Pats, nothing you or I say or do will.

I am still waiting for the evidence you spoke of. And an explanation why the Colts balls were also under inflated.
Just because you write a wall of text doesn't make it right. Pats Missed a pick, that's on them but definitely No gimme. Helmet catch was amazing, NO idea about any alleged holding.

Again, are you willing to bet your life they didn't mess w the balls? What does your gut tell you? Or you gonna continue being biased fan?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 03:49 AM   #88
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
RedCarrot's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
206
Posts

Drives: '18 AW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Just because you write a wall of text doesn't make it right. Pats Missed a pick, that's on them but definitely No gimme. Helmet catch was amazing, NO idea about any alleged holding.

Again, are you willing to bet your life they didn't mess w the balls? What does your gut tell you? Or you gonna continue being biased fan?
Just because you don’t know shit and ignore facts don’t make it right either.

What are you, a child, on betting life? Fine, I’ll bite. What do I get in return if I win? If you can give me additional 40 years of youth if I win, then, yes, I bet my life in this lifetime and any lifetime after this one. So what has that accomplished? You are so childish

My gut AND my brain tell me they didn’t mess with the ball. Now kindly provide solid proofs that they did.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'14 Corvette Stingray (2014-2017)
'05 Boxster S (2005 - 2014)
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST