BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

12-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
bimmabwoy
Private
Rep
Drives: 03-325i

Talking Official 2008+ Bimmer Calendar Thread

As the close to another season is upon us, I am again beginning my work on calendars. As I had a successful following for the 2007 E46fanatics calendar I am again creating a couple of new calendars for this year. If you would like to see the result of last years calendar, please see these threads:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=442413

To change things up a bit I have proposed creating calendars of the infamous car clubs that you see your local and national car shows. There will be multiple calendars created to showcase the best of each car club as well as a calendar created for the normal BMW enthusiast. This year I will not only increase the variety of calendars available but I will also create a non-prejudice BMW calendar meaning all makes models of BMW's will be put in a 12 month calendar. Your classic Antique BMW to your most modern BMW calendar. Also ICE shots, engine shots, dyno shots, highway shots, local meets and car runs are accepted this year. This year there will not be a E46fanatics calendar but a BMW calendar. So that all the forum moderators "play nice" and I don't get suspended like I did last year, I will create a universal calendar. The cars collected cross forum will be featured in one calendar and the names of the forums they are referenced with will also be included on the cover.

The types of calendars I'm going to try and organize and publish are tentative to change.
Types of calendars being considered:
Europrojectz Calendar- best of the best.
Eurowerkz Calendar- best of the best.
Eurotechniks Calendar- best of the best
Motorsport Calendar- Race shop, track shots, Engine/motor shots, dyno shots, S/c shot etc...
BMW Enthusiasts calendar- All makes and models.

There were also a number of snafu's that I ran into last year which I'm going to address and hopefully correct this year namely:
• All national holidays
• International shipping
• Multiple cars per month
• Pricing - lessen the quality to accommodate for people purchasing.

I love the way everything worked out last year with the company that I worked with and I'm considering working with them again. I have a couple of features that I would like to add but If I can't then I will contact alternate companies that's willing to work with me this year.

To all participants
I have created a list of rules and regulations to help me eliminate participants because I received a lot of photos last year. Please follow these rules and regulations if you wish to be considered.
• Pictures must be submitted to E46Calendar@gmail.com. DO NOT send pictures to this forum's e-mail address. I utilize that address to monitor the threads I'm subscribed to. Questions can be pm-ed or e-mailed to E46Calendar@gmail.com to which I will respond as soon as possible.
• If you are interested in participating this year please DO NOT post your submission pictures on the forum (you will be eliminated from consideration). Please forward all submissions to E46Calendar@gmail.com.
• All CHOSEN participants will be sent a legally binding confirmation letter which must be signed and dated affirming your participation is on a voluntary basis and by no means are any monetary reimbursements for participating will be issued. This document must be scanned and/or e-mailed back to me before the deadline to affirm your participation. Exceptions are accepted on a person by person basis.
• One or more picture(s) will be chosen from the set that you sent to me and will appear in one or multiple months as needed.
• Please include the name of the photographer taking the shots for credit. The picture will have a small caption listing that persons name/ contact information for reference.

Criteria for shots:
Photography: Unique, amazing, shots. I would like to keep it as unedited as possible but that's what makes a great shot is photography + Photoshop. Please don't over do it. I would like Environmental shots (sky, cliff, forest, desert, bridges, tunnels, boats, metropolitan). I really like seasonal shots. It's rare to get a great winter w/ snow shot, or a fall, or even spring shots. Most pictures feature the driving season (spring/summer). If you have those shots or can get a photoshoot going it's almost a guaranteed spot in the calendar. Also excellent meet/cruise shots are accepted. Nothing beats a line of BMW's down a local street etc. Get creative you PS guru's.
Scenery: You all know your cars and the look that you're going for. Please send shots that compliment your vehicle. Aggressive car = Aggressive scenery (ex: construction site, old train yard, dirt bike track). Classic , Elegant look classic scenery (ex: castle's, lakes,). Use your imagination.
Mod-ability: You don't have to have the most extensive mod list to enter. The correct combination of the previously listed criteria will earn you a place.

Picture requirements:
All pictures must have these minimal requirements to gain maximum print quality. If you defer from these specs I cannot guarantee that your shot will come out looking right if you get past the elimination round. I spent too much time last year trying to fix photos and having people help me fix pictures to increase resolution. This year I'm not doing it.

Premium
We recommend uploading premium calendar images at 13.75" x 10.25" to allow for trimming. (Premium calendar covers should be uploaded at 13.75" x 19.25".) The image area for premium calendars is 13.5" x 10.25". The coil binding will cover .375" at the top of this area. The top .375" of your image should be filled with the background image or color, but remain free of any text and/or images that should not be perforated by the coil. Your image will be centered on the page and resized proportionally, that is, by an equal percentage of height and width, until it fills as much of this area as possible.
Standard
We recommend uploading standard calendar images at 11.25" x 8.75" to allow for trimming. The image area for standard calendars is 11" x 8.5". The coil binding will cover .375" at the bottom of this area. The bottom .375" of your image should be filled with the background image or color, but remain free of any text and/or images that should not be perforated by the coil. Your image will be centered on the page and resized proportionally, that is, by an equal percentage of height and width, until it fills as much of this area as possible.

Pasted from <http://www.lulu.com/help/index.php?fSymbol=calendar_image_sizes>

In laymen's terms this means that whatever the size of your picture please either print a black border around it or make sure that you don't have any text .375" from the top or bottom of the page. That will be either cut off or the coil binding will cut out your text. With the border included your picture should be the total size that was previously stated.

Quality:
Pictures must be a minimum of 300dpi resolution. The higher the resolution the better the print quality. *.jpg file format accepted. No other formats please. In order for you to get the 300dpi resolution you have to take the original Digital camera shot (usually x.xx Mb's). The higher the resolution of the camera you take the shot with plus your photo-editing skills equals an awesome picture. Any shot under 1mb will not be used. During your initial submission I will accept those files but I will ask if you have a higher resolution shot.

Dates to Remember:
Submission Deadline: January 15th 2008
Tentative Calendar Release Date: February 1st 2008

All Submissions must list the following information (for organization sake).

Real Full Name
Forum Name
E-mail address:
Car: 2003 Mystic Blue 325i Sedan
Mailing Address:

I will try to answer all questions in a resonable time but as this is posted in multiple forums I'm not sure if I'll answer all questions. After all I do have a life lol...
Thanks and happy holidays

Last edited by bimmabwoy; 12-20-2007 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Tropicool
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO M3

these are not in the exact sizes your asking for, but in the rare case that these pictures get chosen, i can get you the exact sizes and resolution you are looking for.

here are some pictures of my car, none in my opinion good enough:

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
bimmabwoy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantc0pe View Post
these are not in the exact sizes your asking for, but in the rare case that these pictures get chosen, i can get you the exact sizes and resolution you are looking for.

here are some pictures of my car, none in my opinion good enough:

Do you have any other pics of your ride? Based upon the last shot I can see that you at least have some photography skills. The lighting can be worked on but if you have other pictures that you know you can submit send them to E46calendar@gmail.com.

Thanks.

P.S~ Can't use the Ferrari. although i love that engine shot.
      12-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
some of mine....

e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

too many rules, too lazy to read lol.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Subscribed.

Nikki, you're lazy lately.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
bimmabwoy
Private
Rep

OC_335i please send high res pics with your contact information as described in the directions.

Nikki It's not that hard. I would like to see some pics of your car though so If you can post 1 or 2 that would be helpful. (if you're in them that doesn't hurt either) lol.. j/k...
      12-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

wasn't he already disqualified for posting them here? :P

Appreciate 0