BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

12-23-2007, 01:25 AM   #23
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

ah so judgemental, just apply anyway i didnt need FA but i applied anyway and my parents were damn happy that there only paying for room and board as oppose to a full 35,000 dollars. 100k off ebay? How so if i might ask?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #24
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
ah so judgemental, just apply anyway i didnt need FA but i applied anyway and my parents were damn happy that there only paying for room and board as oppose to a full 35,000 dollars. 100k off ebay? How so if i might ask?
i don't want to retype everything from before so to keep it short i just sold electronic items such items as wow guide, maplestory hacks, ebooks, final fantasy guides, etc.

i made a store and had many listings for the popular pc games sellling the leveling and guide books. i buy from other people at $15-$20 and i sell for $13.

i had everything set on outlook so once the buyer uses buy it now and pays, my outlooks e-mails them out the product automatically. so everything was digital, all profit, and no need to go to post office
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #25
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

he probably goes to nyu. his parents probably can't shell out 35k a year or whatever it is + his apt and living expenses. or maybe he wants to pay for it himself.

i can get u a part time job if u want one...

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools...les/stern1.htm

there are more asian students than white.

Last edited by mpimping; 12-23-2007 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #26
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i made a store and had many listings for the popular pc games sellling the leveling and guide books. i buy from other people at $15-$20 and i sell for $13.
How are you turning a profit..?

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #27
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
How are you turning a profit..?
if you sell a $13 guide, that $13 is yours. everything is digital. what they are purchasing is a guide for a game on either pdf or microsoft word. when other people drop prices down to $12, you move to $11 and keep making profit.

so lets say you sell 5 wow guides in one day, (normally i have a 50 quanity bin). so just from wow guides alone you made $65. that along with all the other items you have= fast cash with no effort.

think creative like i did. it will cash out later.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #28
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
he probably goes to nyu. his parents probably can't shell out 35k a year or whatever it is + his apt and living expenses. if he is in the undergraduate business program it might be even more expensive. or maybe he wants to pay for it himself.

i can get u a part time job if u want one...
where at?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #29
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

You can come from a family that's worth tens of millions and makes seven figures a year and still go to college for free if your test scores are high enough and/or you are good enough at sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #30
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
You can come from a family that's worth tens of millions and makes seven figures a year and still go to college for free if your test scores are high enough and/or you are good enough at sports.
true but no sports scholars and not amazing grades . i slacked off so bad freshman and soph year lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Yea thats called a scholar ship not financial aid. FA is to help people who cant afford school since the family doesnt make enough money or the single individual doesnt make the cash.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #32
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
i don't want to retype everything from before so to keep it short i just sold electronic items such items as wow guide, maplestory hacks, ebooks, final fantasy guides, etc.

i had everything set on outlook so once the buyer uses buy it now and pays, my outlooks e-mails them out the product automatically. so everything was digital, all profit, and no need to go to post office
Yea I bet ebay let you violate copy right laws over and over again... Thats would be like me taking windows XP disk copying it and selling it over and over again.. You might do it a few times on ebay but I call BS for it being long term and profitable since the original author is getting screwed and would get very upset.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #33
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
Yea I bet ebay let you violate copy right laws over and over again... Thats would be like me taking windows XP disk copying it and selling it over and over again.. You might do it a few times on ebay but I call BS for it being long term and profitable since the original author is getting screwed and would get very upset.
well this was from 3 years ago. ebay has got more strict now days. but even now people still do it. just look up items such as wow guide 1-70 or gunbound aimbot.

this is not a book by an author lol. its for video games and people don't care. just search on ebay and look for yourself. but nowdays its really hard to relist as you always need to change your wording on your auction.

windows xp is a big thing. video games is not. so ebay doesn't really have much control over that. although you can get away with a maybe 1-2 copies but ebay will shut that auction down within 5 hours of you posting it.

another hot item back in the day was ipod video conversions. sounds silly but they went for $5 each lol.

some ballers below:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...d=200186230037
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...d=280184807602
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #34
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
well this was from 3 years ago. ebay has got more strict now days. but even now people still do it. just look up items such as wow guide 1-70 or gunbound aimbot.

this is not a book by an author lol. its for video games and people don't care. just search on ebay and look for yourself. but nowdays its really hard to relist as you always need to change your wording on your auction.

windows xp is a big thing. video games is not. so ebay doesn't really have much control over that. although you can get away with a maybe 1-2 copies but ebay will shut that auction down within 5 hours of you posting it.

another hot item back in the day was ipod video conversions. sounds silly but they went for $5 each lol.

some ballers below:

Ok so assuming you sold guide books for $15 and made 100k.. At the very least you would have had to sold 7k of them to cover paypal and ebay fees. And if you were abel to easily do this why are you not doing it now?

Proof of ebay account with 7k items sold or at least over 5k items sold or ban!!!.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #35
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok so assuming you sold guide books for $15 and made 100k.. At the very least you would have had to sold 7k of them to cover paypal and ebay fees. And if you were abel to easily do this why are you not doing it now?

Proof of ebay account with 7k items sold or at least over 5k items sold or ban!!!.
wow was not the only game i sold. gunbound aimbot, final fantasy online, ragnorak, etc prices varied and you make many sales everyday. i had an argument with dasblitz about this which i don't want to start again.

i am not doing this anymore b/c ebay got very strict over the past years expecially with me. i have made enough to last me awhile plus i got a part time job at a cafe after school.

sorry but i don't want to share my ebay account. like i told dasblitz you can think what you want. if you decide to pursue this as a side job, most important thing is the wording of your auction. ebay will look for anything to get the auction off and don't forget the disclaimer. mucho mucho importante.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #36
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
you would be surprised. i have a small place in imperial port, NJ off exit 1 on palisades. i commute to school everday to manhattan. the area is not cheap let alone me paying just half the rent it still costs me alot plus my utilities which i have no problem paying.

if i seem like i can afford everything on my own i guess its just my wording and how you approach it. me being 18 paying half for apartment is a understandable agreement with parents as long as i take care of ultilities, etc. im young but am amazing at manazing my money, expenses, etc, yet alone a very important one in life.

my parent's didn't go to school in US. i am the first in my family to go to college. so you can understand my lack of financial aid, etc. guidence counsler and college deperatment told me to enlist and i did. parent's have no clue in detail what all this stuff is for.

financial aid is not just for the less fortunate. yes its mainly toward them but a vast majority of people like me still apply and recieve it, so what is the problem? im not a millionair and if i am qualified for it why do you care so much?

and no i didn't make 100k at age 13. it was 13 with progression i eventually made 100k.

why you always comming at me as shit being easy? not my fault your in whatever position your in to always be so negative and subjective.
Ok you prove again you dont need it.

You live in a pricey area, drive to manhattan. WTF, why not stay at home unless you are 2 hours or more away.

Also how are you paying for this? I know that would be tough for me, please enlighten me on this.
      12-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #37
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

exactly, it is BS. Maybe he made alittle but he is exaggerating.

Also he sounds like an old person saying he doesnt want to possibly give out info on the internet.

As if I can't get his info if I really wanted.
      12-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #38
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

why do you care so much about my financial aid? i have no clue how your education system works in the UK with funds, etc. like many others said if i qualify who gives.

i just asked a simple question and here we go again back and forth arguing.

i do not drive to manhattan. why would i? i take a 10 min drive, park car and go on bus, either that or i can walk from my place 3 minutes and hop on a ferry and cross over.

like i said im paying half my rent, car parent's got and all i have to pay is utilities which i can cover.

hey and if you can get my info go straight ahead lol. i don't need to justify myself to you for gratification.

and im tired of reading your jealousy issues. why do you care how im paying for what i am and have? if its tough for you ok but why regards to me?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #39
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
why do you care so much about my financial aid? i have no clue how your education system works in the UK with funds, etc. like many others said if i qualify who gives.

i do not drive to manhattan. why would i? i take a 10 min drive, park car and go on bus, either that or i can walk from my place 3 minutes and hop on a ferry and cross over.

like i said im paying half my rent, car parent's got and all i have to pay is utilities which i can cover.

hey and if you can get my info go straight ahead lol. i don't need to justify myself to you for gratification.

and im tired of reading your jealousy issues. why do you care how im paying for what i am and have? if its tough for you ok but why regards to me?
New england refers to a region in the USA... No your just too retarded to have what you say make any sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #40
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

I bet I qualify for a lot of things does it mean I will take it? No, so stop saying just cus you qualify, why not use it.

Also you really just proved how pompous you are. First I am jealous? Where does jealousy even play a factor? Because I have asked you some questions and disagreed with you?

Also you state I have problems or its tough for me. WTF? Again just because I question you and dont live in some fantasy land therefore I must be jealous and therefore I must be having money issues etc.

Also, you still fail to state how you are paying for that. Let me guess dont want to give out info?

If you dont want people questioning you then why make topics about your life?

Wait sorry I forgot I'm jealous and from England.

Quote:
New england refers to a region in the USA... No your just too retarded to have what you say make any sense.
Yea, Anyone want to come visit me? Might need a passport.
      12-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #41
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Yea thats called a scholar ship not financial aid. FA is to help people who cant afford school since the family doesnt make enough money or the single individual doesnt make the cash.
+1. Scholarships are completely different from FA.

I thought FAFSA works by asking you questions like the salary of your parents etc. and that's how they judge between giving you grand aid and loan aid. Difference is loans you have to pay back with interest. Grants are the free money part. And I think they only give the grant parts of the aid to the really needy. So unless he lied about how much his parents made, he's probably got loans he's gotta pay back the minute he gets out of college.

I lucked out in getting a scholarship but I know friends that will be 150k+ in debt to loans when they get out of our 6-year program and the interest on that is going to suck.

Quote:

some ballers below:

I actually know what he's talking about being as how I used to powersell on ebay. Basically the people that wrote the guide weren't very smart and didn't copyright them for sole sale and distribution so people on ebay took the guides and started selling them. Essentially you obtain 1 guide from someone else, whether you pay for it or not, put them up on ebay for say $5 a guide via e-transfer, sell a few copies and make profit (whatever you end up with minus auction fees and paypal fees). Granted you'd have to sell a fairly substantial amount of guides, probably more than humanly possible to use that as your sole source of income, but if you set things up to be fully electronic, you can make probably the same as someone working part time at minimum wage. You'd be surprised how many people play World of Warcraft (WoW). I used to be one of them lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #42
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
I skipped the word electronic in your post haha, so I just read that you bought the books for $15 and sold them for $13 and I just scratched my head puzzled.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #43
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
I bet I qualify for a lot of things does it mean I will take it? No, so stop saying just cus you qualify, why not use it.

Also you really just proved how pompous you are. First I am jealous? Where does jealousy even play a factor? Because I have asked you some questions and disagreed with you?

Also you state I have problems or its tough for me. WTF? Again just because I question you and dont live in some fantasy land therefore I must be jealous and therefore I must be having money issues etc.

Also, you still fail to state how you are paying for that. Let me guess dont want to give out info?

If you dont want people questioning you then why make topics about your life?

Wait sorry I forgot I'm jealous and from England.

Yea, Anyone want to come visit me? Might need a passport.
how the fuck is this topic about my life? i just asked a simple question about financial aid and once again you joined in my convo and turned it into an argument. if you have nothing nice to say to me just please don't say it at all. are you mature to do just that?

and your questions are not just questions. they more like annoying childish fuckish questions like a bitch wanting a dick. its whatever i say and you say yea, prove it. get the fuck out of here. prove shit to you my ass.

didn't i tell you how im paying for everything. parent's pay half rent i pay other, i have a local job near school and i still have remainding funds from ebay.

and if you qualify for alot of things and don't take it who am i to judge. thats your own fucking problem. yea im right. i qualify for financial aid, i use it, why do fuck do you care? did you not make it on the fucking list or something asshole? i take your spot? stop being such a bitch and just answer the question to my post being a general question. no need for you to ask me personal questions about my life and judge me based on my actions taking financial aid or not just because i drive a 335i.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #44
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman4 View Post
+1. Scholarships are completely different from FA.

I thought FAFSA works by asking you questions like the salary of your parents etc. and that's how they judge between giving you grand aid and loan aid. Difference is loans you have to pay back with interest. Grants are the free money part. And I think they only give the grant parts of the aid to the really needy. So unless he lied about how much his parents made, he's probably got loans he's gotta pay back the minute he gets out of college.

I lucked out in getting a scholarship but I know friends that will be 150k+ in debt to loans when they get out of our 6-year program and the interest on that is going to suck.

I actually know what he's talking about being as how I used to powersell on ebay. Basically the people that wrote the guide weren't very smart and didn't copyright them for sole sale and distribution so people on ebay took the guides and started selling them. Essentially you obtain 1 guide from someone else, whether you pay for it or not, put them up on ebay for say $5 a guide via e-transfer, sell a few copies and make profit (whatever you end up with minus auction fees and paypal fees). Granted you'd have to sell a fairly substantial amount of guides, probably more than humanly possible to use that as your sole source of income, but if you set things up to be fully electronic, you can make probably the same as someone working part time at minimum wage. You'd be surprised how many people play World of Warcraft (WoW). I used to be one of them lol.
a person that understands
Appreciate 0