BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #67
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Still going on? Man why do companies like this stay in business or wana keep practicing bad business. I understand Emilio coming in and explaining the situation but just explaining things to the customers who have bad experience or products wont solve the issue!

Give them their 10% and fix their wheels! Then MAYBE you will get some positive responses.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #68
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

Too much drama (period). If anyone still want to buy their wheels(whatever they call themselve), please use American Express Card.

Every month always have something new with 360forged.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #69
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Too much drama (period). If anyone still want to buy their wheels(whatever they call themselve), please use American Express Card.

Every month always have something new with 360forged.
Why would any one buy their wheels after all this drama? Someone with no brains would! There are hundreds of better wheel manufacturers out there to choose from.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #70
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
what did you use to clean those wheels? hydrochloric acid? (jk)...if you didnt expose those rims to anything too harsh, that is really poor quality.

im seeing this a lot with some of the "hyped" wheel company out there, i think when i do rims im sticking to BBS/OZ!

No joke about using acid. I would def assume some chemical was used on there. I have had chrome lips for nearly 2 years, and all I used to wash was soap and water. I NEVER had ANY issues like that. OP, Im not saying you used some strong chemicals, Im not sure if you wash your car or have it washed by others. But if its washed by others, Im pretty confident they used a chemical that reacted with the chrome.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #71
simonlam168
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93-M3 F10-M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
No joke about using acid. I would def assume some chemical was used on there. I have had chrome lips for nearly 2 years, and all I used to wash was soap and water. I NEVER had ANY issues like that. OP, Im not saying you used some strong chemicals, Im not sure if you wash your car or have it washed by others. But if its washed by others, Im pretty confident they used a chemical that reacted with the chrome.

All the problems have been solved................

Last edited by simonlam168; 10-05-2009 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #72
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonlam168 View Post
Strange enough, all I ever used was soap and water on all my wheels. I have a few cars but all the other wheels are fine. I have wheels from HRE, Advan, BBS, they are all looking like new.

Listen, I dont give 2 shits to protect 360's reputation. But between myself and my friends, we have ordered close to 10 sets of wheels, and NOT ONE set with chrome lips has any of those issues or problems. Not even beginning to, and some (like mine were almost 2 years old). I did however have an issue with 1 of the 4 rim's clearcoat peeled after about a year, and 360 fixed them. Free of charge and they were perfect until I recently painted them black now at a local rim shop.

Anyways, Im not a 360 fanboy but at the end of the day - their customer service was (perhaps IS) SHIT, but they always treated me right and I still believe their wheels are a good quality wheel overall. Because if you think about how many people have these rims, and then how many have problems like you. I would say it is an isolated problem so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #73
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Do you wash your car yourself? Or do the guys at the car wash do it?
I took mine yesterday with my new wheels and told them to only use water and soap..
Once they were dry I used some window cleaner to take the water stains away.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #74
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
I took mine yesterday with my new wheels and told them to only use water and soap..
i wouldn't use window cleaner either.
if you want to get rid of spots, use a spray wax with a microfiber.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #75
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

See the sticky on this site: Warning: 360 Forged

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...60-forged.html
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #76
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Good Morning everyone! Speaking from a car enthusiasts point of view, soap and water NEVER will eat through a 2 stage paint job on a set of wheels. We paint all the wheels the same way, every single day. There was absolutely no difference with this particular order. We currently have close to a 1000 sets on the road and we have seen these sort of problems less than 2% of the time. If Mr. Lam wants us to warranty the wheels, then please send them back and will gladly do so under warranty at no cost to him, except for shipping of course. In regards to the 10% refund I will look into it today and see what it is that we can do for him. The promise was made by a defunct employee who was unfortunately conspiring with a desperate thief. The wheels were 5 weeks late and he does have reason to be upset, but to be holding a WITCH HUNT for a set of lug bolts that were never stated to be included? I have asked Mr. Lam to work with me instead of trying to start a huge thing on the forums, but it seems like he is more interested in the back and forth then actually resolving this problem. I will email you and now post our resolution to the forum, now that it has become a public problem. I am truly sorry to everyone for having to constantly read about there 360 related problems. The truth is we are still selling and delivering wheels on a weekly basis out of our 5700 sq. foot warehouse. Thanks, Emilio
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #77
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Emilio, I have to say despite all the warnings my order with your company was without problems and everyone that has seen my car with the new wheels have had their jaw drop to the floor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged DST View Post
Good Morning everyone! Speaking from a car enthusiasts point of view, soap and water NEVER will eat through a 2 stage paint job on a set of wheels. We paint all the wheels the same way, every single day. There was absolutely no difference with this particular order. We currently have close to a 1000 sets on the road and we have seen these sort of problems less than 2% of the time. If Mr. Lam wants us to warranty the wheels, then please send them back and will gladly do so under warranty at no cost to him, except for shipping of course. In regards to the 10% refund I will look into it today and see what it is that we can do for him. The promise was made by a defunct employee who was unfortunately conspiring with a desperate thief. The wheels were 5 weeks late and he does have reason to be upset, but to be holding a WITCH HUNT for a set of lug bolts that were never stated to be included? I have asked Mr. Lam to work with me instead of trying to start a huge thing on the forums, but it seems like he is more interested in the back and forth then actually resolving this problem. I will email you and now post our resolution to the forum, now that it has become a public problem. I am truly sorry to everyone for having to constantly read about there 360 related problems. The truth is we are still selling and delivering wheels on a weekly basis out of our 5700 sq. foot warehouse. Thanks, Emilio
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #78
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I see you had your wheels changed to black centres.... much better!!!

Quote:
i wouldn't use window cleaner either.
if you want to get rid of spots, use a spray wax with a microfiber.
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #79
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Listen, I dont give 2 shits to protect 360's reputation. But between myself and my friends, we have ordered close to 10 sets of wheels, and NOT ONE set with chrome lips has any of those issues or problems. Not even beginning to, and some (like mine were almost 2 years old). I did however have an issue with 1 of the 4 rim's clearcoat peeled after about a year, and 360 fixed them. Free of charge and they were perfect until I recently painted them black now at a local rim shop.

Anyways, Im not a 360 fanboy but at the end of the day - their customer service was (perhaps IS) SHIT, but they always treated me right and I still believe their wheels are a good quality wheel overall. Because if you think about how many people have these rims, and then how many have problems like you. I would say it is an isolated problem so far.
I highly doubt Mr. Lam would lie about what he is using on his wheels. Just like i highly doubt he wouldnt know what to use. I mean look at his stable of cars and aftermarket products. I have never mentioned this, but I also had issues with my 360's finish when I bought them, actually, the day i received them, I went to my shop to install them, and while i was wiping them down the finish started to peel in certain spots. This was all within 3 hours of having the wheels. They did refinish them, but thats when i decided those wheels were not for me. So Mr. Lam, I dont think this is a rare occasion, its happened before.

Forged Distributing, Im not saying this is your fault, I dont even know if those wheels he bought were already made from when 360 had them. The problems may be resolved now, but when 360 was in the picture, this kind of stuff happened to a number of ppl, me being one of them.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #80
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Hello everyone, my name is Emilio and I am the new Sales Director for Forged Distributing

AWESOME! Just like clockwork...there's a problem with 360 Forged Whateverthehell and someone new comes in "to pick up the pieces and fix it all." Emilio...who's going to be your "replacement" next month? I don't know which is more detrimental for you...the customer service or the quality of the product.

BTW, nice work on trying to throw Jordan/ADV.1 under the bus there...I like your logic: "It's better go with the devil you know versus the devil you don't!"
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #81
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

Quote:
I have asked Mr. Lam to work with me instead of trying to start a huge thing on the forums, but it seems like he is more interested in the back and forth then actually resolving this problem.
100 of emails .. a lot of phone call from Mr Lam... and now you ask for him to work with you. why don't your company show all of us refund the full amount to Mr Lam.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #82
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
HORRIBLE idea!

Don't use window cleaner on any painted surface. You're damaging the clear coat. if you want to get rid of water spots. you should be buffing them dry with a microfiber, or also using a quick detailer.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #83
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

What none of you are REALIZING is that SIMON LAM having all those cars is not going to wash them himself. It would take a few days a week to wash all those cars...My point is that if he is not the one washing his cars, he can not control a car washer using any spray of his choice on the wheels. SIMON LAM we have offered you warranty work to remedy your problem, go ahead and send the wheels already. As soon as I receive the wheels I will have them back out in 5 business days. I will also work on getting you the reimbursement. Please contact me. Emilio
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #84
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
What none of you are REALIZING is that SIMON LAM having all those cars is not going to wash them himself. It would take a few days a week to wash all those cars...My point is that if he is not the one washing his cars, he can not control a car washer using any spray of his choice on the wheels. SIMON LAM we have offered you warranty work to remedy your problem, go ahead and send the wheels already. As soon as I receive the wheels I will have them back out in 5 business days. I will also work on getting you the reimbursement. Please contact me. Emilio
Horrible response my friend. U have no clue what he does and doesnt do. For all u know he can have a private detailer in his home 5 days a week. And with that stable of cars, i wouldnt doubt it one bit. I bring my cars to the same hand detailing place all the time. Never EVER, have they once sprayed anyhting on my wheels other then soap and water. ull b surprised how far a good tip goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #85
ChronoJ1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Euro

Wait, you are not covering shipping??
From HK to the US, the freight would exceed the value (not much at that) of the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #86
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

LOL @ 360FanBoys trying to justify this kind of behavior
      09-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #87
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

It's the no response to e-mails and phone calls that concerns me.
It wasn't unitl Ms. Lam got on the boards that Forged Dst offered to help.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. This is just what I'm seeing. This could have ALL been avoided if Forged had responded to his e-mails/calls.

What about Forged paying for the shipping and Simon forgetting about the 10% refund? And maybe telling Simon where to get the lugs or at least what type of lugs? I think that's only fair if the stock lugs don't fit.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #88
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoJ1 View Post
Wait, you are not covering shipping??
From HK to the US, the freight would exceed the value (not much at that) of the wheel.
seriously, especially if the tires are mounted (and otherwise you have take the tires off and mount them upon return...major hassle)...probably cheaper to have the professionally refinished locally.
Appreciate 0