BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

12-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

ESS tune

Hey guys,

Im just planning out all my mods for when the car arrives next year. A lot of people on here seem to recommend the ESS tune to go with the Akra EVO.

Is the Akra version of the tune available in Australia? Also is the tune set up to run with our 98 octane fuel or am I better off going with a local brand such as Evolve Technik?

Thanks

Last edited by Aus_M; 12-03-2012 at 04:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^Im sure others will post in here with some answers but if not and you are interested in the ESS tune shoot Roman@ESS a pm and he will be able to answer any questions you have on ESS

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_M View Post
Hey guys,

Im just planning out all my mods for when the car arrives next year. A lot of people on here seem to recommend the ESS tune to go with the Akra EVO.

Is the Akra version of the tune available in Australia? Also is the tune set up to run with our 98 octane fuel or am I better off going with a local brand such as Evolve Technik?

Thanks
No go ess I had the tune in my car b4 I went sc and it was great! Call southernbm they will work out everything for you. They have done many akra evos with an ess tune!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_M View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks
An ESS (or other brand) tune is important if you are having an Akra Evo Exhaust. Without it there are dead spots after the exhaust is fitted and you will get a CEL There is some improvement over stock.My car had an evolve tune ( when I bought the car) with an Eisenmann sport cat back later fitted. I then changed to an Akra Evo with ESS tune the results were about the same for both set ups.

You can buy the kit from Southern BM, you have to do it yourself or take the car in to get done.
Since replacing the Akra Evo exhaust system I have a bit better performance from the same tune but will soon be fitting a supcharger
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Southernbm are having 15% of all tuning as a Xmas sale atm
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

ESS & EvolveR (not to be confused with Evolve Technik) are both popular tunes worldwide and both have packages with Akra.

My personal preference is tunes developed in Europe. Our engine configuration & fuel is a lot closer to Europe than the US.

EvolveR is a tune by Evolve Automotive, based in UK, who primarily focus on BMW M cars. Let me know if you want further info.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

once the car arrives I will work out which tune to go for. So who is Evolve Technik then?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverma_turingMS View Post
ESS & EvolveR (not to be confused with Evolve Technik) are both popular tunes worldwide and both have packages with Akra.

My personal preference is tunes developed in Europe. Our engine configuration & fuel is a lot closer to Europe than the US.

EvolveR is a tune by Evolve Automotive, based in UK, who primarily focus on BMW M cars. Let me know if you want further info.
Yeah just like ess is in Norway lol
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverma_turingMS View Post

Yeah just like ess is in Norway lol
Yup, that's right hence I wasn't being negative at all about ESS. thanks for clarifying

Don't mean to rant, but a I'm a fellow BMW enthusiast. I was buying parts for my own cars from O/S because our choices locally are limited. I thought the Aussie market deserved better variety and decided to do something about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_M
once the car arrives I will work out which tune to go for. So who is Evolve Technik then?
They are a local business, I don't know where they source specific tunes from. Easily confused with Evolve Automotive as the names are similar.
Appreciate 0