BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #573
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e90 M3's

Moderator-

Can you please lock this thread until next week when I can add more constructive data? I feel this is getting quite off-topic and would like to restore order once we have more data/facts.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #574
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweredAuto View Post
Moderator-

Can you please lock this thread until next week when I can add more constructive data? I feel this is getting quite off-topic and would like to restore order once we have more data/facts.

Thank you
Doubt that will happen.

There are several questions you can answer that have been addressed though without having to provide further technical information.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #575
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

At this point it is a finger pointing contest. I would like to wait until more data from DME is obtained and can open the floor to more questions afterwards.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #576
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
At this point it is a finger pointing contest. I would like to wait until more data from DME is obtained and can open the floor to more questions afterwards.

Thank you.
Of course, because you are being vague about issues that have been raised. The DME data will not necessarily exonerate you.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #577
mattgold
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Vroom

Quote:

Thank you.

How about it was ALL finger pointing from the get go without any data?

You were Googling last night 'what can cause detonation' in attempt to use those as 'facts' to back up your claim...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #578
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

Thank you.
It has been since the first post

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #579
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgold View Post
How about it was ALL finger pointing from the get go without any data?

You were Googling last night 'what can cause detonation' in attempt to use those as 'facts' to back up your claim...
Seems that way. Doesn't seem reasonable to call for a locking of the thread on his terms either. This is open discussion.
      01-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #580
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Last post, then I will wait for the data.

I am not going to compete with AA. I have an opportunity to relocate and chose S.Florida for many personal reasons.
I do intend on remaining in the automotive field.
I cannot say with 100% proof anything about those other 2 cars, but if you notice AA stopped commenting all together after I asked them that question. How could I even fabricate those 2 specific cars?
I didn't google "what causes detonation", everyone knows a lean mixture will/can cause it.
As for the statement provided by IMW- someone with no ownership and incomplete information posted that up prior to discussing with me due to a customer email. Note it is no longer up.

Last edited by MPoweredAuto; 01-25-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #581
mattgold
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Vroom

Quote:
Last post, then I will wait for the data.

I am not going to compete with AA. I have an opportunity to relocate and chose S.Florida for many personal reasons.
That was pretty vague... So to take a page out of your playbook:

Will you have ANY other business in the automotive / performance world in South Florida after you relocate?

...see what I did there?

As for the other questions, if you didn't fabricate facts the other two cars - then where did the info come from? The owners? Why aren't THEY speaking up?

Actually, you never even said what was done to them, what failed and/or what caused it. You just kept asking AA over and over about them.

I think this is finally exposed for what it was from the beginning...

Last edited by mattgold; 01-25-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #582
MotrsportM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30/E36/E46/E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgold View Post
That was pretty vague... So to take a page out of your playbook:

Will you have ANY other business in the automotive / performance world in South Florida after you relocate?

...see what I did there?

As for the other questions, if you didn't fabricate facts the other two cars - then where did the info come from? The owners? Why aren't THEY speaking up?

Actually, you never even said what was done to them, what failed and/or what caused it. You just kept asking AA over and over about them.

I think this is finally exposed for what it was from the beginning...
+1
      01-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #583
Evooooo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 XI Sedan M Sport

Holy Mind F*ck haha, I have read every post and there are so many loose ends. Now some may not agree with me with this statement but I am actually leaning towards foul play on AA's part. The original German scan was never provided by them correct? People were questioning the scan and than all the sudden AA goes quite. Now I own a business in the HVAC field and if someone was tarnishing my name I would be ontop of every thread and every instance which my name was brought up and been actively taking part in that thread. The fact AA has gone missing and has stop responding to me is a bad sign since their rep is being hurt here. Is the a sign of some sort? Maybe. Although facts are vague and things are still being brought forth the OP has been persistant why has AA not? If they are positive they are not at fault why stop defending themselves. Also if I was the op I wouldnt of brought this to the forums right away either. Some of you are saying 15 months later why now, well if it was me I wouldnt dog someone with the hopes that they would help compensate me in this terrible situation. So no you dont come to the forums and put them on blast. After the OP has been treated which he feels is wrong than he proceeded to come to the forums after receiving no help from said company. This is only my opinion just like you each have you own, but I'm leaning towards to OP due to the simple fact that the support from AA whether it be their kits fault or not is not there. That is bad business and I will never use AA and will steer everyone I know away from AA from this pt forth. Should I put my flame suit on haha?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #584
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

If you are going to work for Velos than I have just lost all respect for Omar and would never deal with him again. This thread would make sense to me as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #585
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
If you are going to work for Velos than I have just lost all respect for Omar and would never deal with him again. This thread would make sense to me as well.
No.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #586
stega
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I know this is off topic, but what did happen with Omar leaving active??

Perhaps someone can pm me the details if they don't wanna post that here.

Last edited by stega; 01-25-2012 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #587
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
No.
Good - figured he was smarter than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by stega View Post
I know this is off topic, but what did happen with Omar leaving active??

Perhaps if someone can pm me the details if they don't wanna post that here.
Don't know the details - just know he left and is now doing his own thing
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #588
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #589
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:

Moderator-

Thank you
Ok let me see if I understand..you waited over a year..and for whatever reason now you decide to yell fire in a crowded theatre vie se vie posting this thread..AND NOW you want the mods to bail you out...

I swear you cant make this stuff up..

If you want to be taken credibly you should have had all your ducks in a row (i.e. facts, data, supporting documents) before making a claim such as this
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #590
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #591
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Boost is a measure of restriction through the engine. Improve the engine VE by decrease the restriction on the exhaust end and boost will drop. This is true only with belt driven forced induction because the supercharger output is fixed. With exhaust driven forced induction, the wastegate will regulate the turbo input and thus output in order to maintain boost at the set point.
Let me explain this for you. The boost is built in the intake of the engine, up to the intake valves, once the valves close no boost flows out the exhaust except on valve overlap. The volume and pressure flowing out the exhaust on valve overlap is insignificant compared to combustion gas volume and pressure.

Yes the Volumetric efficiency will ultimately increase as a result of reduced exhaust restriction, but nothing down stream of the intake valves (except for a big increase in swept volume/displacement) on a supercharged engine will increase or decrease boost significantly (unless the restriction/backpressure is excessive and is really impeding cylinder scavenging), just exhaust flow and as a result of that, horsepower and torque will be effected.

On a turbocharged engine where the wastegate is set extremely high or on larger diesel engines like I work on that have no wastegates at all, increased boost would be realized by reducing exhaust restriction since the turbos would spin faster as a result of the increased exhaust flow.

Last edited by BMRLVR; 01-26-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #592
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

....[scratches head.....flicks his nuts....] Nope..this is actually real. Maybe AA has sought legal counsel. Maybe they are on vacation. Maybe they realize this thread is worthless, and want nothing more. Maybe they have fled the country and are now setting up shop in India for 1/4 of the price....who the heck knows...who the heck cares anymore at this point. I was actually looking for some factual information in this thread and all I received is a bunch of piss and $hit thrown on the boards.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #593
apme123
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVCO View Post
....[scratches head.....flicks his nuts....] Nope..this is actually real. Maybe AA has sought legal counsel. Maybe they are on vacation. Maybe they realize this thread is worthless, and want nothing more. Maybe they have fled the country and are now setting up shop in India for 1/4 of the price....who the heck knows...who the heck cares anymore at this point. I was actually looking for some factual information in this thread and all I received is a bunch of piss and $hit thrown on the boards.

it's kind of funny that AA started a second thread so twice as many people can see how they may have screwed up
      01-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #594
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

First off I hope someone has all this backed up on their HD.

Secondly,

I hope they have all of AA's response backed up too-
Please email me it if you do. Mpoweredauto@yahoo.com

Anyone notice how AA removed their thread once things didn't go their way? Also, someone has hacked or added tags to this thread that I never put. I guess since AA sponsors this forum they have political pull with the mods. Goes to show how far free speech goes on this forum.
Appreciate 0