BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

Mporium BMW

04-12-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
krommmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mtreee

WTB - Avin 8.8inch

if anyone has hit me up 347-749-5980
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Just get it from AliExpress. It's the same thing and all the latest hardware are there.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

I'd recommend if ADC vehicle services if you want to retain your oem audio sound and don't wanna suffer from AUX quality. Comes with a backup cam, obdII plug in, SIM and SD card slot and a bunch of other things. Love mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 01:29 AM   #4
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
I'd recommend if ADC vehicle services if you want to retain your oem audio sound and don't wanna suffer from AUX quality. Comes with a backup cam, obdII plug in, SIM and SD card slot and a bunch of other things. Love mine.
Link please?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #5
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Link please?
https://www.adcbmw.uk/product/id7-nav-multimedia-retrofit-bmw-8-8-i-drive-cic-nbt-e90-e91-e92-e93-e60-e61-e63-e64-android-9-0-snapdragon/

Insanely fast shipping that it didn't even make sense lol. Ordered Wednesday night and was at my door Friday morning lol. That was before all this though.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 07:24 PM   #6
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
https://www.adcbmw.uk/product/id7-nav-multimedia-retrofit-bmw-8-8-i-drive-cic-nbt-e90-e91-e92-e93-e60-e61-e63-e64-android-9-0-snapdragon/
This looks identical to the ones they have on AliExpress, maybe with an updated interface. Does it not also use the Aux for audio input? The link also mentions an Aux splitter.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 07:04 AM   #7
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
This looks identical to the ones they have on AliExpress, maybe with an updated interface. Does it not also use the Aux for audio input? The link also mentions an Aux splitter.
I don't think the difference lies in the screen and most of the hardware. But it does use a different harness than the ones that rely on AUX. I know the description is terrible and that's why it took forever for me to pull the trigger. I messaged them and they answered all my questions. If you want I can send you videos of what it does on What's app. I'm an audiophile and I'm actually installing a digital sound processor soon to take the EPS to the next level so this function was paramount to buying a new screen unit
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 10:48 PM   #8
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

Quote:
I don't think the difference lies in the screen and most of the hardware. But it does use a different harness than the ones that rely on AUX. I know the description is terrible and that's why it took forever for me to pull the trigger. I messaged them and they answered all my questions. If you want I can send you videos of what it does on What's app. I'm an audiophile and I'm actually installing a digital sound processor soon to take the EPS to the next level so this function was paramount to buying a new screen unit
i read on one of the audio thread mentioning that the audio is route with the harness instead of a 3.5mm male to aux port in the armrest. If my understanding is correct, it's still using aux. The sound probably cleaner since you don't have to run to the armrest.

nycplumber, can you go to the cd menu and see what input are you selecting? It should be aux. If you connect your iphone directly to the usb port in the armrest, then you music audio should route to the iphone input.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:45 AM   #9
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Yes pls check on the iDrive side which is the input source used for the Android side.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 05:27 AM   #10
nycplumber
Major
Rep

It's not running from the AUX as mine isn't plugged in. I can make a video showing this. The fiber optic cable gets unplugged from the sat nav and plugs into the harness
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #11
JuanK20
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: AW F80 M3, AW E92 M3

Quote:

Insanely fast shipping that it didn't even make sense lol. Ordered Wednesday night and was at my door Friday morning lol. That was before all this though.
I'm browsing the options. What does the "Add DAB Digital Radio Kit" option mean?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #12
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanK20 View Post
I'm browsing the options. What does the "Add DAB Digital Radio Kit" option mean?
That's the radio they use in Europe I believe. If your car has Bluetooth already you don't need any extras. Lmk if you order it because I'll give you a rundown on install. Super simple but they give a lot of extra parts that can throw you off.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #13
Wellcraft
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 alpine white M3 Comp

I contacted that company about the aux and they told me that audo is via aux, I still have the email.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #14
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellcraft View Post
I contacted that company about the aux and they told me that audo is via aux, I still have the email.
The easiest solution is to buy a Tune2Air and run BT audio.

People contemplate this upgrade so much on FB.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #15
Wellcraft
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
The easiest solution is to buy a Tune2Air and run BT audio.

People contemplate this upgrade so much on FB.
The reason I would like to upgrade is because I want to use Waze, google maps and a few of the other apps I have. I do have bluetooth audio in my car
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #16
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
For the ADC unit audio from the Android unit side is aux. From the factory OEM side it's via Bluetooth if you have it. When you play music it's from the Bluetooth side and not from AUX.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #17
Wellcraft
Private
Rep

Quote:
For the ADC unit audio from the Android unit side is aux. From the factory OEM side it's via Bluetooth if you have it. When you play music it's from the Bluetooth side and not from AUX.
Got it, thanks for the clarification. Its definitely an upgrade I want to do asap but I still need to do more research as I'm not familiar with brands out there. I haven't check buttons there a thread about android auto for our cars showing the different options and brands offering AU?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #18
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Got it, thanks for the clarification. Its definitely an upgrade I want to do asap but I still need to do more research as I'm not familiar with brands out there. I haven't check buttons there a thread about android auto for our cars showing the different options and brands offering AU?
There's a lot of different brands and as like any tech it's constantly improving so whatever was the best 8 months ago might not be the best today. Like you I just wanted to be able to run Waze/Maps without sacrificing audio quality, and it does that well. I'm gonna get another sim that I can plug into the unit (inserts into the side of the screen) so I don't need to do a hotspot. The back up camera is such a nice feature too. I feel a lot safer when backing into a spot because I'm lowered and I don't wanna scrape my exhaust.

Forgot to mention that it also has the latest idrive system too. So whatever is on a brand new BMW it has that as well. So you have OEM/New OEM and then the Android side. Install is a breeze and can easily be done in an hour if you're familiar with removing trim.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:25 AM   #19
Wellcraft
Private
Rep

Quote:
There's a lot of different brands and as like any tech it's constantly improving so whatever was the best 8 months ago might not be the best today. Like you I just wanted to be able to run Waze/Maps without sacrificing audio quality, and it does that well. I'm gonna get another sim that I can plug into the unit (inserts into the side of the screen) so I don't need to do a hotspot. The back up camera is such a nice feature too. I feel a lot safer when backing into a spot because I'm lowered and I don't wanna scrape my exhaust.

Forgot to mention that it also has the latest idrive system too. So whatever is on a brand new BMW it has that as well. So you have OEM/New OEM and then the Android side. Install is a breeze and can easily be done in an hour if you're familiar with removing trim.

Are you able to hook up a second camera for the the front, that is something I would love to be able to do too. I'm working now but I have more questions that you might be able to answer if you don't mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #20
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Then it's the same as all the Android units out there, including my old Android 4.4.2 one.

Android interface sends audio thru Aux into iDrive which send to speakers. You can also do BT music streaming thru the Android interface but that will also be thru Aux. Any apps you use on the Android side - Waze, YouTube, Spotify, etc - will be thru Aux.

You can still do BT music streaming direct to the iDrive side (assuming you have BT Combox) and that will be direct BT to iDrive, not passing thru Aux.

Here's the catch - only one audio source can be active at one time. So, if you music stream thru iDrive BT, but want to have Waze on the android screen, you can only get music OR Waze audio, but not both.

If you BT music stream thru the Android side only, you can get both music and Waze alerts at the same time, but audio will be thru Aux and quality suffers.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #21
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are you able to hook up a second camera for the the front, that is something I would love to be able to do too. I'm working now but I have more questions that you might be able to answer if you don't mind.
Yes you can. The Android side has its own camera channel (called DVR) and you can still keep the stock automatic reverse camera channel. So I have a front camera hooked up to DVR, and also have my reverse camera. The reverse camera comes on the screen whenever reverse gear is selected. DVR must by manually selected on the Android home screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #22
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

Since you and I help out with this issue on FB and the forums, we might as well start our own company

Last edited by Vuu; 05-08-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0