BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Fuse # for trunk lock

After installing my LED taillights, I can't open my trunk with the remote, the inside button, the outside handle or the key lock. And guess what, the fuse chart is in the trunk! Is there a fuse chart posted online, or could someone check and tell me which fuse number is for the trunk lock? Thanks.

Never mind - found it

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 06-17-2010 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

What the hell were you doing man?
What was the culprit? Curious.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Trunk access issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
What the hell were you doing man?
What was the culprit? Curious.
After installing my '11 LED lights (thread here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386823&page=8), a new footwell module, and doing the coding I had two issues. The auto up window function is not working, nor was the trunk release. Could not open the trunk with any of the four options: inside switch, outside handle, remote or manual key. Turns out, when my installer was trying to find the location of the FRM, based on misinformation, he took apart the passenger side underdash area.

Few people probably know, unless they have insomnia and are reading every page of the manual, that there is a switch to the left of the glovebox that disables all trunk access. This switch got slid to the left in the effort, and prevented the opening of the trunk. I wa actually looking to check the fuse when I found it.

I'm getting the window operation checked out by the coding shop tomorrow morning.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Could not open the trunk with any of the four options: inside switch, outside handle, remote or manual key.
Manual key should have worked, but your car has the same issue as mine (and probably ALL M3s): it does not operate. I was told by my tech that M3s don't have the manual locks connected anymore, even though the 'key hole' is there. That's exactly what mine feels like. I could break the key trying to turn it more, so I gave up. No biggie. Future cars won't have it anymore. Try now and let me know if it opens. Mine turns 1/8 of a turn and feels solidly hitting a stop; how about yours?

Hey, I'd say MOST owners know about that switch. I certainly did, but figured you knew about it too .

Hope you get that issue left resolved. You just stated the trunk didn't work after installing the tails, so I was scratching my head trying to think of a reason. After everything else that was done to your car it makes sense now. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Manual key should have worked, but your car has the same issue as mine (and probably ALL M3s): it does not operate. I was told by my tech that M3s don't have the manual locks connected anymore, even though the 'key hole' is there. That's exactly what mine feels like. I could break the key trying to turn it more, so I gave up. No biggie. Future cars won't have it anymore. Try now and let me know if it opens. Mine turns 1/8 of a turn and feels solidly hitting a stop; how about yours?
Yes, mine is the same. I was assuming it was just an acutator for the electric latch.

Quote:
Hey, I'd say MOST owners know about that switch. I certainly did, but figured you knew about it too .
Maybe if I ever valeted my car I would. Never to old to learn!

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, mine is the same. I was assuming it was just an acutator for the electric latch.
I knew it wasn't because the button above the license plate already does that. If anything happens to the electric latch itself we'd be screwed, as you can't open the trunk mechanically anymore . At least I could get a small child thru the 'ski bag' opening and pull the emergency lever (or one of the seatback releases). Oh well.

Hey, I was going to ask you if you knew about 'resetting' auto window and sunroof functions; maybe it's all it takes. Press down on your window all the way down (activating 'auto' feature) and KEEP pressing until window hits the bottom. Release after 1 second. Then pull up on switch again (activating 'auto' feature too) and KEEP IT pressed too, and release it another second after it hits the top. Then try lowering the window automatically and it should work. Good luck.

Last edited by JCtx; 06-28-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Auto up window function restored

Quote:
Hey, I was going to ask you if you knew about 'resetting' auto window and sunroof functions; maybe it's all it takes. Press down on your window all the way down (activating 'auto' feature) and KEEP pressing until window hits the bottom. Release after 1 second. Then pull up on switch again (activating 'auto' feature too) and KEEP IT pressed too, and release it another second after it hits the top. Then try lowering the window automatically and it should work. Good luck.
I did not know that, and it's not in the manual. Actually took it to the shop that coded the lights and he had gotten that information from Tom @ EAS, so all is functioning fine now.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
fullrev
2011 E92 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
After installing my '11 LED lights (thread here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386823&page=8), a new footwell module, and doing the coding I had two issues. The auto up window function is not working, nor was the trunk release. Could not open the trunk with any of the four options: inside switch, outside handle, remote or manual key. Turns out, when my installer was trying to find the location of the FRM, based on misinformation, he took apart the passenger side underdash area.

Few people probably know, unless they have insomnia and are reading every page of the manual, that there is a switch to the left of the glovebox that disables all trunk access. This switch got slid to the left in the effort, and prevented the opening of the trunk. I wa actually looking to check the fuse when I found it.

I'm getting the window operation checked out by the coding shop tomorrow morning.
You wouldn't believe how many people come in saying their trunks don't work.