BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

06-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
ave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

e92 high rpm hesitation/stumble

I picked up an 08 last week, everything has been great, but on my third tank of gas I'm getting hesitation/stumbling above about 5-6k rpms. I put 91 octane in, but I thinking possibly bad gas? I also noticed one day it reported the oil level nearly at the middle, and the next day it's +1qt, does it vary a lot from trip to trip? It's going in Monday to have the stumbling checked out, and get the oil topped if it needs it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
ave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Update. I was in town today so I drove by to see if per chance the local dealer would top off the oil on a drop in visit... otherwise I was just going to buy a qt and add it myself.

I bought the car used and from a different dealer, but a service guy from this dealer I went to took time out of his lunch to get the oil topped off immediately and free of charge without even an appointment! Awesome service!!! They defintely earned a lot of my respect today.

Much to my surprise the added oil solved the high rpm stumbling. They added a quart and now it shows 3/4 full on the bar. Scary to think why it was stumbling... I keep telling myself it was just the feeders for the cam adjustment getting starved.

Happy motoring,
proud M3 owner-
Appreciate 0