BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-18-2019, 06:19 PM   #1
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Fcpeuro?

So I've never purchased anything from them but I've read that they have a lifetime replacement gaurentee.. usually things that are to good to be true are just that...

But I've seen fellow forum members return there old oil for new oil... this is extremely odd? How does a company make money off such a business model?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

You have to purchase twice essentially.

Order First Oil Kit
Use it
Order Second Oil Kit
Send back first kit
Get refund for second kit

Plus they sell a lot of big ticket one time items, like brake rotors, Im sure your average person who buys rotors from them isn't replacing them every year
      06-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post

Order First Oil Kit
Use it
Order Second Oil Kit
Send back first kit

Plus they sell a lot of big ticket one time items, like brake rotors, Im sure your average person who buys rotors from them isn't replacing them every year
Why twice ? If you order a oil service kit once and use it and once it's time for another service you request a replacement for your kit and that's that? Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I assume, they get more net cash flow from new/repeat business because of the lifetime warranty, more than offsetting the cost of the smaller % of people who actually end up sending oil, other wearables, etc back... the inconvenience probably keeps those who are less patient from following through, although we see that some do actually send back everything. There are also probably few parts, such as oil, that are quick wear items that could be abused... with most being quality stuff that lasts long enough for the owner to forget about the warranty or sell the car and lose the opportunity to send it back. Just speculating that it's a net gain for them for new business and higher sales.
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1856.50
      06-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Quote:

Order First Oil Kit
Use it
Order Second Oil Kit
Send back first kit

Why twice ? If you order a oil service kit once and use it and once it's time for another service you request a replacement for your kit and that's that? Am I missing something?
You gotta pay for the second kit in order to get the refund for it. You're paying twice at first but get a refund back. Also they're not selling at wholesale price either.

Plus you have people like me who ordered oil once from FCP and never again. Sounds like too much to send oil back imo.
      06-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #6
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Order First Oil Kit
Use it
Order Second Oil Kit
Send back first kit

You gotta pay for the second kit in order to get the refund for it. You're paying twice at first but get a refund back. Also they're not selling at wholesale price either.

Plus you have people like me who ordered oil once from FCP and never again. Sounds like too much to send oil back imo.
Right, but even rotors and brakes.. it might be a long term item for some, but for others that track there car it could be a quick consumable they keeps getting replaced and in a relatively quick time frame.

I was just checking to see if it was truly what it is.. but I geuss so.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2691.50
      06-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #7
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Right, but even rotors and brakes.. it might be a long term item for some, but for others that track there car it could be a quick consumable they keeps getting replaced and in a relatively quick time frame.

I was just checking to see if it was truly what it is.. but I geuss so.
I mean it works for them, they've been in business for a long time. Plus I think they bring in a lot of money from other ventures. They have a race team and stuff also.
Siajoon1856.50
      06-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #8
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I've used them for oil change kits and spark plugs so far. I used to use ecs and turner but I noticed FCP actually has cheaper pricing now and free shipping a lot of the time. Their customer service is amazing, had a problem with expedited shipping option and they instantly refunded the shipping charge back to me.

Not sure what you're planning to order from them but I can comment on the oil change kit. You purchase the original kit, do your oil change, then when you're due for your next, you order it online again, they send you the oil change kit and you do your oil change. I drained my oil in a oil container and then poured it back into the bottles they sent me. Put the used filter back into the filter box and put everything in plastic bags. Put the quarts back in the box they sent you and all you need to pay is for shipping back. Shipping back from SoCal to their headquarters was $20. You then go online and fill out the online form for warranty and once they receive the item they issue refund back. I got my refund 7 days after sending it out.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
PACarGuy677.50
      06-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #9
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

You are supporting a good company buying from FCP. I’d rather support them than ECS that now owns Turner and Pelican, though I do still sometimes buy from ECS.

I do not return oil filters, oil, and stuff like that.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 09:14 PM   #10
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

"Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs." - people who return consumables to FCP

If enough people keep returning consumables we can all kiss that lifetime warranty policy goodbye...
      06-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #11
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
"Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs." - people who return consumables to FCP

If enough people keep returning consumables we can all kiss that lifetime warranty policy goodbye...
Seriously. Their return policy is great as is for defective parts we should be thankful for that. Some people really stretch the lifetime return policy a bit too far.

I’ve heard stories of people returning spark plugs after a year just because they want new ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #12
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

You never know but they could be heating their facilities with that used oil. Connecticut can get cold in winter.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #13
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i often purchase things from fcp. however, i don't send back oil. just not worth the hassle to me.
often times, they have competitive prices, or the same prices, but offer free shipping over $50, which often makes their shipped price better.

consumables i have purchased from them include castrol SRF brake fluid (once a year flushes at $70 a pop) and oem spark plugs (around $200 every 20k). brake fluid is easy enough, its already going to be in a little container, just pour it back in the bottle. there is just no way i'm going to deal with refilling eight oil containers and package them. no thanks.

Last edited by roastbeef; 06-18-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #14
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Seriously. Their return policy is great as is for defective parts we should be thankful for that. Some people really stretch the lifetime return policy a bit too far.

I’ve heard stories of people returning spark plugs after a year just because they want new ones.
That's me. I'm just taking advantage of the warranty. Nothing wrong with that, but I also have bought parts I'm never gonna warranty replace again. IE; Aux Water Pump and I doubt I'll be replacing my rotors within the next 3 years again
      06-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #15
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Their return policy is really no hassle. I order a set of tie rods for my X5 and they were the wrong part. Sent them back for the exchange and they didn't even bat an eye at giving me the refund. They make money off of the people that only keep their cars for 3 to 4 years and get rid of them. Customer service is top notch from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 06:20 AM   #16
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

i can confirm they do what they say. I returned an oil filter last month. It was easy and I got my full refund. It makes a lot of sense on things that are either expensive and likely to be replaced in the time you intend to own the car, and items that are smaller and cheaper to ship back. You have to pay the return shipping, so consider that a bit of a deduction from the refund you get. It makes no sense for used oil or other heavy items that are expensive to ship back.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #17
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

I love FCP Euro. Even though I'm all the way in Asia, I try to buy from them as much as possible. Haven't had to return anything yet, but the fact that I can get a free part if something breaks is amazing.

Honestly, if I was living Stateside, rod bearings won't even be an issue. Buy once from FCP, free replacement for life.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50
      06-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #18
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post

There is a special place for those people
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #19
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Here's the thing: FCP specifically promotes oil returns. Yeah it feels wrong, but if it becomes an issue, they can easily modify the policy to exclude some/all consumables.

People who return used sparkplugs to Amazon should rot in hell, that's for sure.
Appreciate 1
Iyzmi802.00
      06-19-2019, 08:15 AM   #20
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Here's the thing: FCP specifically promotes oil returns. Yeah it feels wrong, but if it becomes an issue, they can easily modify the policy to exclude some/all consumables.

People who return used sparkplugs to Amazon should rot in hell, that's for sure.
Can you show me where they promote that

Put yourself in the shoes of the person or persons that own the business. In receiving, "another d-bag just sent us back a shipment of oil".

Just because something is allowed doesn't make it right. Its a nice program and those returning oil are taking advantage of it.

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 09:58 AM   #21
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Too lazy to look, but there's even their video on how to send them oil and why they offer it. There was a big discussion on F15 side a while ago.
Appreciate 2
      06-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #22
SkiFly01
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 comp pkg

I just did an oil change over the weekend with my purchase from them. When the next service interval comes up I will purchase and use it to return this original purchase.