BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #23
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

In the last post by "one problem" I mean one attempt. I think they have already failed you. If I have ONE more problem with mine, I'm filing and will demand another car or a refund.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #24
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

thanks for all the info and help guys, I've just gotten back from my dealership's Service Center, First of all Im more upset after they told me that I have to drive back on Monday because the problem was the Idle valve?? the claim that was the reason that caused all those errors. Basically I'm waiting for them to order a new Idle Valve, supposedly that should fix all the errors according to what BMW NA told them. If anyone have more info and think that is wrong and it is not the right solution please let me know because i CANNOT trust my SA anymore. This dealership is a joke, however I still have to go back one last time because they ordered the valve already.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #25
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

did you at least get a loaner?
      10-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #26
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92, 1986 325e 2021 X5 40i

Listen up.

You need a new transmission.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #27
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
nope, last time i did, this time they ran out. im furiated
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #28
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
thanks for all the info and help guys, I've just gotten back from my dealership's Service Center, First of all Im more upset after they told me that I have to drive back on Monday because the problem was the Idle valve?? the claim that was the reason that caused all those errors. Basically I'm waiting for them to order a new Idle Valve, supposedly that should fix all the errors according to what BMW NA told them. If anyone have more info and think that is wrong and it is not the right solution please let me know because i CANNOT trust my SA anymore. This dealership is a joke, however I still have to go back one last time because they ordered the valve already.
They Should give you a Loaner car. After the car is so called fixed goto another dealership for service. Remember keep all your records!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #29
BMW1986
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK

What dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #30
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Leave the car there and tell them you need a new tranny. All those error messages are most likely coming from the wrong fluid that was in there and now it's all out of whack. SAs and dealers seriously don't give and shit and will just give you any excuse ... "oh we just need to reset". It's bullshit because they send you off until it happens again.

Try to get a 6 series as a loaner too. Haha.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #31
Malky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SSII M3 DCT E92

They should get you a rental car if they run out of loaners. That's what my dealer does if I come to them with a non-scheduled problem. They get me a car from enterprise if they run out.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #32
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

BIGNTASTIE, I fully understand your frustrations but try to hang in there and don't get worked up with legal stuff yet!! These days, we rarely face mechanical breakdowns, but instead we have electronic failures (which are even more annoying as they are sometimes so hard to locate). Although the service dispensed by your dealership is appalling (no loaner!!!!), I am sure that once your car will be fixed, you will again have a big bright smile on your face when driving your M3!!
Good luck!!!
      10-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #33
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92, 1986 325e 2021 X5 40i

Transmission

People on this board have been telling you since September 25th that you need a new transmission. Any reasonable explanation for your inaction?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #34
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
BIGNTASTIE, I fully understand your frustrations but try to hang in there and don't get worked up with legal stuff yet!! These days, we rarely face mechanical breakdowns, but instead we have electronic failures (which are even more annoying as they are sometimes so hard to locate). Although the service dispensed by your dealership is appalling (no loaner!!!!), I am sure that once your car will be fixed, you will again have a big bright smile on your face when driving your M3!!
Good luck!!!
THanks for the support, I dont know if I'll have that smile anymore, even if they fix it because i feel so insecure
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardodoc View Post
People on this board have been telling you since September 25th that you need a new transmission. Any reasonable explanation for your inaction?
I've asked them for a new Transmission, the Service center told me I don't need it, I told them everyone said I need a new Tranny, their exact words " we ran it through our tests, theres nothing wrong with your transmission". But do you guys honestly think those error messages are really from the DCT fluid problem?? again I apreciate all your help thanks =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Leave the car there and tell them you need a new tranny. All those error messages are most likely coming from the wrong fluid that was in there and now it's all out of whack. SAs and dealers seriously don't give and shit and will just give you any excuse ... "oh we just need to reset". It's bullshit because they send you off until it happens again.

Try to get a 6 series as a loaner too. Haha.
LOL they have 6 series loaners at your dealership??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
They should get you a rental car if they run out of loaners. That's what my dealer does if I come to them with a non-scheduled problem. They get me a car from enterprise if they run out.

yeah they do that at land rover and mercedes too but not here =[
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #35
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBolo335i View Post
..They bought back my old car two days ago.. It took like 8 or 10 calls back n forth with BMWNA but they came through!!! Give BMW a chance, I did and I don't regret it.
fwiw, a friend of mine works for Honda here in Torrance. She is the one who is on the phone working out solutions with unsatisfied customers. She deals with buy-backs (she has to be at work at 5 am due to the West Coast/East Coast time difference!!)

Manufacturers really do want happy customers. The best approach is to keep your cool (despite your understandable frustration) and speak directly with BMWNA. As ElBolo says, it might take some effort but they will listen and they will respond. They will want you to try to resolve it with the dealer first, but will step in if that doesn't work.

Just be calm and cool about it and record all of your correspondences. You will get a resolution. They will stand behind their product.

Good luck and hang in there.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #36
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

your dealership is f#$king you with no lube. sorry to hear. you should find another dealership near you that's willing to work with you more. at the minimum, the dealership should provide a loaner. my dealership will give you a loaner no matter what, whether it's a BMW or an enterprise rental.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #37
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
x700,000,000,000
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #38
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:
THanks for the support, I dont know if I'll have that smile anymore, even if they fix it because i feel so insecure

I've asked them for a new Transmission, the Service center told me I don't need it, I told them everyone said I need a new Tranny, their exact words " we ran it through our tests, theres nothing wrong with your transmission". But do you guys honestly think those error messages are really from the DCT fluid problem?? again I apreciate all your help thanks =)

LOL they have 6 series loaners at your dealership??

yeah they do that at land rover and mercedes too but not here =[
I also had my transmission fluid changed and my tranny was not replaced. But mine was not driven off from service when I found about the problem. I was pissed mad and I got a friend in BMW to solve this for me. They sent a technician from BMW down to assess the problem. Eventually, they changed the fluid because nothing was damaged as the car was not driven off from the dealership when I was going to collect it. They got a tow truck to tow it within the service area to a nearby hoist to drain out everything. I waited 3 days for the new DCT oil that was flushed twice. I know it sounds totally whack but I have driven the living daylights out of the car ever since and there is nothing wrong so far. I have made it clear though that if anything pops out, I am getting a new transmission. So I am going to track tomorrow to try and see how it goes. I think its ok. But for your case, I think you definitely need a new transmission. I wish you good luck and dont buy the BS that they need to reset. Your gearbox is fucked.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #39
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

It's hard to say if the errors are linked to the tranny - seems unlikely to me based on their titles, but who knows.

Either way, I would make sure that you have IN WRITTING, that they erroneously drained the tranny fluid. I would then call BMWNA and ask them for an official position on that. If you are planning on keeping the car long-term, I would request an extension of the factory warranty - maybe get them to give you the extended warranty for free.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #40
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

i think it's really luck of the draw..

i was worried about my 335i, hpfp problems, turbos, etc... I drove the hec out of it, for 35k and it never even had a squeek or rattle... not to mention oil only every 15,000 miles?? LMAO

I hope to have the same luck with this m3 lol...

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #41
zuggerat89
Still waiting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: OGV

Damn man, where do you have it served? Life Quality? BMW of Manhattan?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #42
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Find out the name of the CEO of BMW NA. Put your story in writing to them and I'm certain you will get a reply. I always write to the top person of a company I have issues with and always get a response and good outcome as you make the issue high-profile and known to the person in charge.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #43
eprangia
Rep
Drives: '08 Lotus Exige S240

Quote:

[
If your car was driven with the wrong fluid even for few miles, you need a new tranny.
Did they find out about the mistake right away or after you took the car back and drove home?
I would ask for a new tranny even if the car was turned on and not even driven.

so.... CALL THE BMW NA NOW!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #44
Niro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)

"You said 'she' ... there's your problem"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Get your tranny replaced and switch SAs! You said "she" ... there's your problem.
+1 - you're spot-on with this comment!

In over ten years of motoring - BMW, Mercedes, Lexus - I have not yet come across a woman who is up-to-date/ knowledgeable about cars/ car problems. I guess it has something to do with interest and passion, and women just don't tend to care much about cars.
Sad but true, and this is an observation on my part so don't flame me any of you do-gooder politically-correct bandits.
Appreciate 0