BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

02-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #45
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
Harrop Supercharger is officially 100% removed and boxed up for the next person. You can find it listed in classifieds. On many levels I'm sure I'll miss it but for how I'd envision building my dream M3 it's not a boosted setup.
NA is the best life!
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:40 AM   #46
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

This is easily my favorite M3 of all time. I'm happy for you!
Appreciate 2
//steve\\1074.00
ebisu81070.50
      02-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #47
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Engine bay completely back together from the top side. Still a few more things to knock out to put the bumper back on but it at least looks finished.

I spent a lot of time re-taping some wiring harnesses to clean it up and detailed a lot of areas you'll never see but at least I know it's a fresh clean start.

I'll get some good pictures with a real camera once the whole thing is back together.

Appreciate 4
      02-26-2020, 01:40 PM   #48
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Looking factory fresh, great progress!
Appreciate 1
//steve\\1074.00
      03-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #49
cchen9_
VisionAutoworks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Looking fwd to meeting ya and seeing the car
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 09:14 PM   #50
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep

I can finally say that the car is just about ready to be on the road again. Hard to believe it's been sitting on jack stands for nearly 2 months now. At this point I've removed and sold every part I wasn't too interested in keeping and have it at the point where I had envisioned months ago as my starting place. I'm looking forward to being able to log some miles and finally get to learn this chassis.

I have a lot of ideas in my head about what I'd like to do next. This year I intend to focus most on actually driving and less tinkering but I know myself well enough to know that it won't be completely left alone.

While I've had it down I've taken the opportunity to thoroughly detail some of the areas most people just don't ever touch.

Wheel wells looking fresh. At some point I intend to actually replace the front fender liners but for now a good clean and dressing will do. Also seen here are the new extended studs/lugs. I just wanted a simple clean solution here.

This is one of my favorite details that most people just wouldn't ever bother with. I figure I'll have the stock exhaust on here for a bit and I'd like it to look nice so I had everything but the tips Cerakoted. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

Appreciate 7
      03-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #51
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

F’in ace, mate!!! Love the details and finishing touches.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #52
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Looking good!!!

What diffuser is this?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 10:32 PM   #53
JPWEraser
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
Looking good!!!

What diffuser is this?
Looks like a Metak.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 08:18 PM   #54
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

mmmmm
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #55
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep

After what felt like forever on jack stands the car is back on the ground and I was able to get it out for an hour on Saturday. Don't even miss the supercharger at all. Car doesn't feel like it lost what should be about 150hp. Maybe that goes for me driving it very casually before pulling it or just time to forget but I don't feel like I'm driving an incredibly slow car. Still gets to 100 plenty fast.

The long gears are definitely going to take some getting used to. I often forget I can be down one more gear because mentally I still find myself thinking about what speed I could go in each gear from my S2000 which is a pretty short geared car even stock. It's been on my list of things I really want to do long before I had a little driving experience to back up the thought but I definitely would like to do 4.10s in this car.

I'm looking forward to finally really being able to drive this thing the way it's meant to be driven.

Appreciate 3
      03-23-2020, 04:59 PM   #56
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Quote:
After what felt like forever on jack stands the car is back on the ground and I was able to get it out for an hour on Saturday. Don't even miss the supercharger at all. Car doesn't feel like it lost what should be about 150hp. Maybe that goes for me driving it very casually before pulling it or just time to forget but I don't feel like I'm driving an incredibly slow car. Still gets to 100 plenty fast.
Glad you're finally back to the NA life!
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 1
//steve\\1074.00
      03-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #57
72carbon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2

Quote:
I've been a member for several years now mostly just occasionally poking around to see a cool build or browse through classifieds. I've had M3s on my mind for a few years now and each time I thought I was ready to part with the S2000 I'd change my mind. Fast forward to today and I have two young kids (neither of which I had when I purchased the last S2000) and it is what I'll say got me over the hump to finally getting serious about the M3. It's still a weekend toy/3rd car for our family but I like the idea that it's still something I could throw a car seat in the back of if I wanted.

I've almost exclusively been playing around with Honda S2000s for the last 10+ years and just sold my 4th. You can find me as //steve\\ on S2KI. It was the one I thought I'd keep forever and the most built up of all that I had owned. It's pretty much all I've known. Maintenance is cheap and you can just really get out and drive them without worrying about much. It will spoil every future fun car I own.

For me it's always been about quality over quantity so I'd rather have a couple really nice parts that are worth their cost than just throwing tons of cheap parts at a car to stack a "mod" list.

I got extremely lucky with the M3 I found and it's still a little hard to believe it's mine. If you've been around you're sure to recognize it. This all started when I was browsing Instagram and it may have been a post from slicer_m but I noticed this car in particular had Georgia plates on it. Find the owners page and sure enough it's very local. Message him just to first say I love the car and I've been interested in M3s for quite a while and I'd love to see it......and then for kicks I asked if he had a price. We all have a price in our head that if someone pays we'll let it go. At least that's always been true for me. Maybe I just haven't found that car that's so good I can't ever let it go. I did a little more homework and decided I'm in. Immediately had the S2000 for sale and was just keeping my fingers crossed someone else wouldn't come in and do the same and buy it before me or that the owner would change his mind about selling at all. In the end it all worked out. It felt like it's been months since that first message but it's probably been 4-5 weeks.

This was Dom's car (ebisu8 or ebisu8_m on IG)
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1622599

I would consider myself to be very picky with parts and especially finer details of a car and this thing just felt like something almost exactly as I'd build it.

I almost hate to change anything but I will. I'll want to make it feel like my own car. Exterior is likely to stay as is or very very minor changes. The GTS aero was one of the things that truly won me over. Inside will see a couple more changes but the most significant thing will be that I have every intention on removing the supercharger. I know everyone thinks this is crazy but it's just not something I'm interested in. I have the most fun in a car going around corners and cruising mountain roads. Chasing power isn't for me. The car will likely retain a basic NA setup and if I actually upgrade anything it will be to a more motorsport oriented suspension setup (and even then there isn't much to do other than a shock change). Dom really did it all. I'm incredibly thankful we could work something out and I get the chance to own the car.

I do know myself well enough to say everything is on the table though. If this car has something you just have to have message me and ask. Maybe it's for sale, maybe not. The things I definitely will change you'll find in classifieds soon enough.

I've got a lot to learn here too. First time in over 10 years that I'm in a totally new platform and my knowledge is seriously lacking. I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to say I'm a know-it-all. I'm very much looking forward to digging in.

I just got the car registered under my name today and I intend to enjoy it exactly as is for a few more weeks until I really dig into anything.

PINCH ME! I must be dreaming

That is a NICE setup on both cars! Sick!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #58
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep

If there is one thing that is miserable it's trying to get ECU readiness done following the drive cycle guidelines. It's soooo boring to drive like this!

Can't wait to let it rip. I've had the car out a few times since getting it all back together. no problems at all and I definitely do not miss the stinky catless smell.

I'm still trying to research the ins and outs of a tune + getting to pass emissions in Georgia. I'm about 99% sure stage 1 would be fine as all the stock cats are in place but primary cat deletes + stage 2 is where I'd really like to be and the though of having to swap crap out once a year sounds miserable.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:29 PM   #59
M3_Jay
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Subscribed! Car is gorgeous! Love the Direction your taking the car and adding your touches.

Also an OG S2k and S2Ki member. Awesome to see a lot of other members came from the Honda side.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-13-2020, 02:54 AM   #60
s1 s2
Rep
Drives: .

Hi Steve, fancy seeing you here than s2ki!

P.S. I also hate the long gears..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #61
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep

I had a bit of hunch even before this car was mine that I'd eventually want to move off the Bilstein B16 Damptronic and onto something a bit more "motorsporty"

The B16 are great in that they are truly EDC compatible and with the touch of a button you can go from very comfy to quite a bit more poised. That said I still think what I want is a bit more sharp than you can get out of the B16 as is.

I recently found this KW Clubsport 3-way and was able to get them for a price I was happy with. My intention was to get them, clean them up, replace all the springs, and see just what I thought. Everything I had found and read said that having the high-speed compression adjustment you get with the 3-way makes a lot of difference over the much more common 2-way in terms of being able to dial in more road comfort while still having all the performance.

Perfect......

I figured I'd get around to the KWs at some point over the summer when it was starting to get almost too hot to really enjoy summer driving so no rush.

And then this happened...

The perfect MCS setup that I'd want with the exact spring rates I'd have chosen was in classifieds for a price that offered quite a bit of savings from buying new. MCS is also a handful of miles from my house so if I ever needed a rebuild, info, etc I could deal with a company very local to me.

Enter the 2-way non-remote setup. I think these will be a superior setup to the KWs and would likely be more on par with KWs Competition line of shocks. The MCS is definitely the lightest of the bunch too so I'm happy with that.

Like all things new, there will probably be some trial and error. I like to think the MCS is precisely what I want but I won't know until I try. If they aren't, perhaps I'll give B16s with linear springs a shot. It doesn't seem like anyone has attempted to do that. I'm completely open to trying out a few different options but at this time I'll likely skip over the KWs completely and you can find them listed in the classifieds.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 06:49 PM   #62
M43S7RO
Major
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Very nice! I'd like a set of MCS 2WNRs and a couple of sets have been in the classifieds recently but not ready quite ready to pull the trigger. Looking forward to feedback and impressions.

Quote:
I had a bit of hunch even before this car was mine that I'd eventually want to move off the Bilstein B16 Damptronic and onto something a bit more "motorsporty"

The B16 are great in that they are truly EDC compatible and with the touch of a button you can go from very comfy to quite a bit more poised. That said I still think what I want is a bit more sharp than you can get out of the B16 as is.

I recently found this KW Clubsport 3-way and was able to get them for a price I was happy with. My intention was to get them, clean them up, replace all the springs, and see just what I thought. Everything I had found and read said that having the high-speed compression adjustment you get with the 3-way makes a lot of difference over the much more common 2-way in terms of being able to dial in more road comfort while still having all the performance.

Perfect......

I figured I'd get around to the KWs at some point over the summer when it was starting to get almost too hot to really enjoy summer driving so no rush.

And then this happened...

The perfect MCS setup that I'd want with the exact spring rates I'd have chosen was in classifieds for a price that offered quite a bit of savings from buying new. MCS is also a handful of miles from my house so if I ever needed a rebuild, info, etc I could deal with a company very local to me.

Enter the 2-way non-remote setup. I think these will be a superior setup to the KWs and would likely be more on par with KWs Competition line of shocks. The MCS is definitely the lightest of the bunch too so I'm happy with that.

Like all things new, there will probably be some trial and error. I like to think the MCS is precisely what I want but I won't know until I try. If they aren't, perhaps I'll give B16s with linear springs a shot. It doesn't seem like anyone has attempted to do that. I'm completely open to trying out a few different options but at this time I'll likely skip over the KWs completely and you can find them listed in the classifieds.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 12:53 AM   #63
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

You will be happy with those MCS. Remember to get front MCS specific end links!!
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2020, 05:56 AM   #64
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
You will be happy with those MCS. Remember to get front MCS specific end links!!
Thanks! I had already forgotten about this.
      04-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #65
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep

I finally got my emissions test done and my new registration in the mail so as of the middle of last week my car is finally road legal again and it's put together the way I had thought/intended back when I first bought it.

Weather was great this weekend and I could take it out on one of my known north Georgia driving loops to get some real impressions. I hit a bit more traffic than I'd like and a few places didn't actually get to enjoy but overall just happy to have the car together the way I want and feel like I can start to learn it.

Very happy with the car. I think I did confirm that the B16 Bilstein just isn't for me and it's just a tad too compromised for road comfort to be what I want out of performance suspension. It's great that the are EDC compatible but that definitely means you're suspension tuning options are more limited to Comfort/Normal/Sport. I found that 80-85% of the time they were exactly what I'd want but I find myself yearning for that last 10-15%. I'll miss being able to just push a button and be back in Comfort when I'm not out to drive hard but it's not a daily driver. If it was, I'm about 99.9% sure I'd keep them and it would be hard to find a better setup especially for EDC equipped cars.

I'm still trying to get used to the really long gearing. I have a strong want for 4.10s in this car. Not a deal breaker as is but shorter gears would make me happier with less power.

Also, still really trying to get used to the floor hinged pedal for heel-toe. It still feels very awkward to me. Likely just more seat time to help that out.

Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 02:49 PM   #66
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

The MCS 3way I have on my E90 are pretty damn comfortable on the street, but my E92 is a full street car and I have oem ZCP edc suspension
Appreciate 1
//steve\\1074.00