BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #1805
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I hear you. For past couple weeks my back has been terrible. I have an appointment tomorrow with an RMT though for a massage so I'm looking forward to that.
The pain has dissipated a good bit since I went to lunch, interestingly getting up and walking around for awhile helped much more than sitting with good posture. I must admit, at work my posture is terrible. It’s hard to sit up straight etc etc when you’re tired and have a lot to take care of on a Friday morning. When I actually think how much of the day I’m literally sitting in meetings and/or starting at my computer or related paperwork, it’s kinda scary. I’m in good enough shape, and knock on wood I’ve been blessed with good health to this point. But man….can’t be good for you to be on your ass for most of the waking day.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #1806
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

anybody really familiar with vorshlag camber plates? I need to know what will fit these bisltein pss10 i just bought
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #1807
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

$3k for supersprint downpipes LOL. What is it made out of diamonds?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #1808
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
$3k for supersprint downpipes LOL. What is it made out of diamonds?
The tears of albino virgins.

Formula 1: Vettel was a douche today. that is all
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #1809
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
The tears of albino virgins.

Formula 1: Vettel was a douche today. that is all
lawl

Walking Dead this episode just got super cereal

/notworkrelated
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #1810
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Supersprint is cray cray expensive, I thought everyone knew that.

I watched a morning show interview with Olivia Munn in the office lobby this morning, I wasn’t really paying attention to what they were derping about, but my god that is a fancy lookin lady. Oh and the weather still blows.

How’s everyone elses morning going?

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #1811
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Supersprint is cray cray expensive, I thought everyone knew that.

I watched a morning show interview with Olivia Munn in the office lobby this morning, I wasn’t really paying attention to what they were derping about, but my god that is a fancy lookin lady. Oh and the weather still blows.

Olivia Munn is one of my favs, I would do terrible terrible things to that woman.

Tired as hell this morning, had to take my DP's off yesterday, put them back on buit now I think I have a leak up front on one of the vbands
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #1812
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Olivia Munn is one of my favs, I would do terrible terrible things to that woman.

Tired as hell this morning, had to take my DP's off yesterday, put them back on buit now I think I have a leak up front on one of the vbands
Ya she’s ridiculously attractive, I hadn’t really seen her much before this interview, so my world was pretty rocked.

F downpipes I hate everything about them except the power and throttle response. The hassle, the smell, the smoke, installing/removing, the hatred a lot of dealerships have for them. PITA. But they make power lol

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #1813
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ya she’s ridiculously attractive, I hadn’t really seen her much before this interview, so my world was pretty rocked.

F downpipes I hate everything about them except the power and throttle response. The hassle, the smell, the smoke, installing/removing, the hatred a lot of dealerships have for them. PITA. But they make power lol
enjoy

I kept my stock exhaust so luckily its not nearly as bad as a straight piped car, but I have to agree with the install/removal of them. Even after dropping the steering rack there is very little room.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #1814
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
enjoy

I kept my stock exhaust so luckily its not nearly as bad as a straight piped car, but I have to agree with the install/removal of them. Even after dropping the steering rack there is very little room.
Holy guacamole the more I “read” about her, the better it gets. Apparently she had her cell phone hacked, if that’s true, the…stuff she sent her boyfriend is

FML this woman is from another planet. Olivia Munn has destroyed what had been a very productive day to this point.

And yea my car technically has a muffler, and the mids have resonators, so the sound is all good. It’s the damn smoke, smell, warranty complications (still haven’t figured out what I’ll do next time the car is due for service/crap breaks) that make them a pain. Worth it 100%, but a pain.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #1815
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just woke up lol. Snow/rain always causes me to sleep in

Quote:
And yea my car technically has a muffler, and the mids have resonators, so the sound is all good. It’s the damn smoke, smell
Is the smell really not that tolerable?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #1816
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Nah I was probably overstating that, for me the smell is really not much of an issue. When windows are up you don’t smell anything unless the hvac is on, then it’s a sleight smell in cabin but absolutely not noxious or anything like that, and it goes away once you start moving. Windows down you’ll likely smell it at a stoplight, but again it’s not too pungent. Then with the top down, oh yea it’s straight up 2 stroke go kart smell. I actually quite like the smell, so as long as the intensity isn’t too much, the actual scent is NBD for myself. The smoke bothers me MUCH more than the smell, I’m going to install an OCC soon as the upgraded PCV didn’t do much to help in that regard. I’m still not convinced that my seals are fried, but it wouldn’t be a total shock.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #1817
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nah I was probably overstating that, for me the smell is really not much of an issue. When windows are up you don’t smell anything unless the hvac is on, then it’s a sleight smell in cabin but absolutely not noxious or anything like that, and it goes away once you start moving. Windows down you’ll likely smell it at a stoplight, but again it’s not too pungent. Then with the top down, oh yea it’s straight up 2 stroke go kart smell. I actually quite like the smell, so as long as the intensity isn’t too much, the actual scent is NBD for myself. The smoke bothers me MUCH more than the smell, I’m going to install an OCC soon as the upgraded PCV didn’t do much to help in that regard. I’m still not convinced that my seals are fried, but it wouldn’t be a total shock.
I keep going back and forth between installing them, I can't decide what I want to do
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #1818
bzzzinga
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw z4 2003

Imgur.com and boredpanda.com keep me entertained when bored.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #1819
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I keep going back and forth between installing them, I can't decide what I want to do
Well if you already have ‘em put them on and see how you like it, worst case you just pull them back off and sell them as almost new DPs. IIRC your warranty got got awhile back, so that’s not an issue, and emissions in MD are only every other year so that’s not a biggie either (or just use dpfix). The difference in throttle response is pretty awesome, the added power is obviously awesome, and reducing the thermal stress on the motor is triple awesome. Are you planning on doing the install yourself or having a shop do it? If you’re having a shop do it, I could understand the hesitance about paying for the work only to have them pulled back off if you don’t like it. But if your plan is to DIY, I say go for it dood. Not to mention your car will sound so beast with a full exhaust, mine has developed justttt a bit of rasp above 5K revs, which sounds hot rockin tits. PM me if you have other questions, I’ve been full catless for coming up on two months now, so the process is fresh in my mind. I’ll conclude with this: I haven’t heard of many people going FBO, then deciding it’s “not for them”

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #1820
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Holy guacamole the more I “read” about her, the better it gets. Apparently she had her cell phone hacked, if that’s true, the…stuff she sent her boyfriend is

FML this woman is from another planet. Olivia Munn has destroyed what had been a very productive day to this point.

And yea my car technically has a muffler, and the mids have resonators, so the sound is all good. It’s the damn smoke, smell, warranty complications (still haven’t figured out what I’ll do next time the car is due for service/crap breaks) that make them a pain. Worth it 100%, but a pain.
Dude yes, if you havent already, look up those pictures....its part of the reason im in love with her.

Quote:

Smell aint too bad, you'll get it at red lights windows down. but other than that not too much.
Quote:
do eeet, sounds good and adds nice performance gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzzinga View Post
Imgur.com and boredpanda.com keep me entertained when bored.
reddit.com
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #1821
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well if you already have ‘em put them on and see how you like it, worst case you just pull them back off and sell them as almost new DPs. IIRC your warranty got got awhile back, so that’s not an issue, and emissions in MD are only every other year so that’s not a biggie either (or just use dpfix). The difference in throttle response is pretty awesome, the added power is obviously awesome, and reducing the thermal stress on the motor is triple awesome. Are you planning on doing the install yourself or having a shop do it? If you’re having a shop do it, I could understand the hesitance about paying for the work only to have them pulled back off if you don’t like it. But if your plan is to DIY, I say go for it dood. Not to mention your car will sound so beast with a full exhaust, mine has developed justttt a bit of rasp above 5K revs, which sounds hot rockin tits. PM me if you have other questions, I’ve been full catless for coming up on two months now, so the process is fresh in my mind. I’ll conclude with this: I haven’t heard of many people going FBO, then deciding it’s “not for them”
I'm gonna have a family mechanic do it, I don't see him charging me a lot, probably be like $150 or something depending how hard of a time he has installing them. I also have the CF front lip to get installed so at least it won't be a total waste of time lol. I guess I'll just give it a shot....

Slow day at work, only have like two things to do that I am capable of doing at home
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #1822
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm gonna have a family mechanic do it, I don't see him charging me a lot, probably be like $150 or something depending how hard of a time he has installing them. I also have the CF front lip to get installed so at least it won't be a total waste of time lol. I guess I'll just give it a shot....

Slow day at work, only have like two things to do that I am capable of doing at home
For that price it's totally worth it IMO. One thing to note: the first 100 miles or so are going to be extra stinky as the gaskets have to melt/seal properly. It will be bad if you have HVAC on, but don’t worry as the smell will dissipate quite quickly. When I drove home from getting the downpipes put on I was getting dizzy from the in-cabin smell, but within a day or three it was essentially gone. I don’t want you to get right in your catless car, smell this noxious crap, and assume it’s going to be like that forever.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #1823
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For that price it's totally worth it IMO. One thing to note: the first 100 miles or so are going to be extra stinky as the gaskets have to melt/seal properly. It will be bad if you have HVAC on, but don’t worry as the smell will dissipate quite quickly. When I drove home from getting the downpipes put on I was getting dizzy from the in-cabin smell, but within a day or three it was essentially gone. I don’t want you to get right in your catless car, smell this noxious crap, and assume it’s going to be like that forever.
completely unrelated....I literally just noticed your username is 135pats not 135paRts.....I feel like this whole thread is a lie now
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #1824
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
completely unrelated....I literally just noticed your username is 135pats not 135paRts.....I feel like this whole thread is a lie now
If it makes you feel any better, whenever I see your username I want to add an “R” in it to make it RetRep. Why? No idea. But it always trips me up. So we’re partners in username confusion

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #1825
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, whenever I see your username I want to add an “R” in it to make it RetRep. Why? No idea. But it always trips me up. So we’re partners in username confusion
confusion buddies!

so I think I figured out the random noises my car is making after the dp reinstall, I completely forgot that I had snapped the bolt that holds the exhaust bracket in place, and I believe that is whats making the slight rattle noise, only at idle and during left turns though. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #1826
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
confusion buddies!

so I think I figured out the random noises my car is making after the dp reinstall, I completely forgot that I had snapped the bolt that holds the exhaust bracket in place, and I believe that is whats making the slight rattle noise, only at idle and during left turns though. lol
Do you mean the midpipe bracket? My exhaust is actually rattling on something, it only happens under load at low rpms (ie up a hill a 2.5k revs under load). I’m almost positive it’s not the downpipes, because I know what that rattle “feels” like in cabin, and this sounds/feels much farther downstream. I think it’s the crossbar on the E88 hitting the muffler portion of my exhaust under heavy load when things are vibrating a good deal, so I need to check it out. In all other situations it makes no noise (low low, high load high revs, on and on).

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0