BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

03-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #23
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

wow is everyone missing the point here?

The guy drove 50 miles for an oil change because he thought he was in good hands with rennspec. However when he got there he was let down.

The guy is giving his honest review, and a lot of you are not respecting that

I feel you man, if this happened to me i would be pissed off too. Not the way a customer should be treated.

***I have no affliciation with the original poster or rennspec
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #24
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
...i was simply speculating at a possible reason...and trying to get you to give a reputable shop the benefit of the doubt before you smear their name any further.
This makes sense as a statement in defence of a vendor you've had a good experience with, but it's not what you originally said. You called his post "extreme" then suggested he's an idiot for driving 50 miles for his oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
I'm sorry...i thought we were in the vendor review section, not the group therapy section.
I know what section we are in, and you are being an ignorant apologist for this vendor and ignoring the basic facts. The OP was scheduled on a day that the vendor must have known they were moving, then has been shown no respect for his inconvenience by the vendor - pretty clear cut case of bad service regardless of their track record in your eyes

It's good that your experience with this vendor has been positive. You and the others that are vehemently coming to their defence would do more good by simply posting about your positive experiences rather than trying to take down the OP or suggest he has other ulterior motives

I don't even know/care who the vendor is, I'm just trying to defend the OP's right to vent about what appears to be a really bad customer service experience, and you lack all objectivity required to even comment although I'm sure it won't stop you from doing so again
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #25
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
I didn't know they made an M6 sedan?
Quote:
Your contributions to this thread have been awe inspiring btw
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meff View Post
Your contributions to this thread have been awe inspiring btw
Thank you.

But in all honesty the aforementioned company has been around for a very long time, even before they became RENN SPEC. I have never heard a bad review about them. Now obviously everyone has the right to their own opinion and I never once disagreed or agreed with the OP's choice of words, obviously he felt very let down by the service and needed to put his voice out to the public, nothing wrong with doing that. BUT, when it is destroying the image of a very reputable company then there is something wrong. It was his choice to drive FIFTY miles to get an oil change, in my personal take on things with any appointment the first thing you do is call at least a day ahead or very latest the same morning, now he did not do this which is nobody's fault but his own. To this point Jason has not replied to this thread, and judging by the rants still being continued by the OP he has not been contacted either, or maybe he has and he never bothered to mention it? Any whom, we do not know the full story and I'm sure things will tide over pretty soon, we can only wait and see.

So how about before anybody decides to continue this conversation we wait for Jason to reply.

BMW Fanatic.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #27
werly
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E92 M3

Gee...every one is getting exciting now! and looks like i need to choose a side to continue participating this subject.

Ok....i am....uh....with OP! true identity regardless, service comes first whenever there is customer involved.

by the way i am a secretly a Renn spec vendor
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #28
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Thank you.

But in all honesty the aforementioned company has been around for a very long time, even before they became RENN SPEC. I have never heard a bad review about them. Now obviously everyone has the right to their own opinion and I never once disagreed or agreed with the OP's choice of words, obviously he felt very let down by the service and needed to put his voice out to the public, nothing wrong with doing that. BUT, when it is destroying the image of a very reputable company then there is something wrong. It was his choice to drive FIFTY miles to get an oil change, in my personal take on things with any appointment the first thing you do is call at least a day ahead or very latest the same morning, now he did not do this which is nobody's fault but his own. To this point Jason has not replied to this thread, and judging by the rants still being continued by the OP he has not been contacted either, or maybe he has and he never bothered to mention it? Any whom, we do not know the full story and I'm sure things will tide over pretty soon, we can only wait and see.

So how about before anybody decides to continue this conversation we wait for Jason to reply.

BMW Fanatic.
So its not Jason's fault for calling his client who he made an appointment for to let him know that they wont be able to meet the appointment because of their move? Instead, the client should call to make sure that this "reputable" shop is still there and ready to do the oil change?? that makes a lot of sense bud!

Nonetheless....forget about the whole driving 50 miles for his appointment. The fact that I think bothers the OP the most, is that he was not connected by Jason or anyone else at Rennspec till this day. I run my own business, and if I am going away or moving or unable to be reached or complete any work for my clients, I call and I make sure they are able to reach someone in case they need me, especially when I had an appointment.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #29
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
in my personal take on things with any appointment the first thing you do is call at least a day ahead or very latest the same morning, now he did not do this which is nobody's fault but his own.
That's a fair point. Though, I will say I've had previous appointments with Rennspec and never had an issue, so the thought never crossed my mind. The whole reason I go there is because they have a good reputation. And I've posted positive feedback for them here in the past. And like I've said (repeatedly), the thing that made me decide to post negative feedback was the lack of contact after the fact. I know that mistakes happen.

Quote:
To this point Jason has not replied to this thread, and judging by the rants still being continued by the OP he has not been contacted either, or maybe he has and he never bothered to mention it?
I've only been continuing replying to respond to the accusations or questions being made by others, such as that I'm a "secret vendor". And no, I have not been contacted.

Quote:
Any whom, we do not know the full story and I'm sure things will tide over pretty soon, we can only wait and see.

I totally agree with this, though if fools continue to come out of the woodwork and accuse me of things, I'm going to respond to them if there's anything they say that's worth responding to.

Anyhow, if anyone feels like talking shit about me to my face, I'll be at the Snake in Malibu shooting photos for the rest of the day.

Last edited by FStop7; 03-15-2011 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
I think the OP has every right to be upset that Renn Spec has not contacted him for their scheduling error.

Anything less is unprofessional and inappropriate. Attempts to defend Renn Spec are futile under the circumstances since we know Jason had time to read the forums.
I agree. NOT a good way to do business.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #31
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

There's something that I wanted to mention for the sake of fairness - I've been mentioning Jason's name pretty much entirely in regard to this issue, but I want to be 100% clear that my issue is not with him individually. He just happens to be the only person at the shop I've ever dealt with. My problem is with the company as a whole, not with any one person.
      03-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #32
305M3
305M3
Cuba
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

It's pretty amazing how things have unfolded with this and how some members have taken to the issue and bashed the OP. What I'm pretty certain of is that if any of you had any issues or unpleasant experiences, you'd post in the boards just as the OP has and wouldn't want another forum member to drop a load on your post.

A simple --- "Hey man, I'm sorry about your experience but I've never had any issues with vendor X. Hopefully they'll take care of you and your issues as they have always done so with me. Good luck!" --- reply would've been sufficient, but maybe to much to ask for with some people.

It's unfortunate some of the bashing that has gone on here, but give the OP his respect as you'd probably want the same in return. And if you feel SOOOOO strongly about the service provided to you by a vendor, then be the proactive member that you've taken to be on this post and do a write up post about your positive experience.
      03-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #33
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3 edition AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
It's pretty amazing how things have unfolded with this and how some members have taken to the issue and bashed the OP. What I'm pretty certain of is that if any of you had any issues or unpleasant experiences, you'd post in the boards just as the OP has and wouldn't want another forum member to drop a load on your post.

A simple --- "Hey man, I'm sorry about your experience but I've never had any issues with vendor X. Hopefully they'll take care of you and your issues as they have always done so with me. Good luck!" --- reply would've been sufficient, but maybe to much to ask for with some people.

It's unfortunate some of the bashing that has gone on here, but give the OP his respect as you'd probably want the same in return. And if you feel SOOOOO strongly about the service provided to you by a vendor, then be the proactive member that you've taken to be on this post and do a write up post about your positive experience.
Indeed.

I've dealt with Jason before. He's still in school, so he can get overwhelmed by school stuff from time to time. I had to call Renn Spec and chase him down a couple of times because he doesn't get back to my pm, it did bother me as well. OP is justifed in putting out this thread for everyone's review, and you can decided whether you think it's a big deal or not, and whether to continue to go to Renn Spec for business or not, but don't flame OP for posting it as this is his real experience and how he feels about it. It's true that Renn Spec is moving, and might have lots of things to deal with on hand, but neglecting to deliver a sincere apology after they've made a careless mistake is not the way you run a business.

My personal experience with Jason is mixed. He's done a phenomenal job in taking care of my order, but at the same time, he can be a hard-to-reach person from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #34
Das M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 ///M3

I can sympathize with the OP. Sucks to show up expecting something and not having it happen. I can also understand the frustration of not being contacted by someone to resolve an issue. Hopefully things work out.

I just wanted say, this is hilarious, the internet is serious business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Anyhow, if anyone feels like talking shit about me to my face, I'll be at the Snake in Malibu shooting photos for the rest of the day.
      03-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

This is exactly why I dont listen to many people here when purchasing things. I only listen to the close guys whom i trust here. Others seem to be the vendors whores and will say anything to make them look better like the vendor is supplying them with a check every week. This is the truth, pretty sad, but it is. Lets see all of you talk so highly once same shit happens to you.

Not only did rennspec suffer here, so did its back up. Like they didnt look stupid enough, you guys had to come and make them look even worse backing them up with your absurb remarks.

Looks to me like the OP is telling truth, still no reply from them.

Thought I would add some insight to this.

Ive dealt with many many vendors here...and i always call it how i see it. You treat me right youll get the same back.
Jlevi (previous experience,always awesome)
Gintani (word of mouth from friends)
IND (no explanation needed)
PYspeed (eric, hes a bud)
autotalent (friend amil is good friends with owner sam)

OP, im on your side. I know if this happened to me i would be upset.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #36
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335viaSTi View Post
I can sympathize with the OP. Sucks to show up expecting something and not having it happen. I can also understand the frustration of not being contacted by someone to resolve an issue. Hopefully things work out.

I just wanted say, this is hilarious, the internet is serious business.

Hell yes the internet is serious, I run the sales for my fathers car dealer on ebay. Ive managed to keep a 100 percent feedback with over 400+ car transactions. Needless to say, you cant make everyone happy. Ive paid a couple asshole customers a lot of money to not post a bad feedback for a car having scratches which was fully disclosed. They can always twist it on you. One negative feedback is enough to ruin our business, yes just one. Its all out of state sales, where customer never sees the vehicle. Its fully based off trust.

internet=not a joke.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #37
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
This is exactly why I dont listen to many people here when purchasing things. I only listen to the close guys whom i trust here. Others seem to be the vendors whores and will say anything to make them look better like the vendor is supplying them with a check every week. This is the truth, pretty sad, but it is. Lets see all of you talk so highly once same shit happens to you.

Not only did rennspec suffer here, so did its back up. Like they didnt look stupid enough, you guys had to come and make them look even worse backing them up with your absurb remarks.

Looks to me like the OP is telling truth, still no reply from them.

Thought I would add some insight to this.

Ive dealt with many many vendors here...and i always call it how i see it. You treat me right youll get the same back.
Jlevi (previous experience,always awesome)
Gintani (word of mouth from friends)
IND (no explanation needed)
PYspeed (eric, hes a bud)
autotalent (friend amil is good friends with owner sam)

OP, im on your side. I know if this happened to me i would be upset.

hahaha i know im on OP side as well.... no matter how you look at it RENNS SPEC FAWKED up i would have admit it and apologized to the OP that it was there mistake ... i say man up....

to be honest i wanted to give my business to RENNSPEC BUT DECIDED NOT TO... i have my own experience but not going to say what happen ill just say that i found something out that was just straight up lie... the end.
      03-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #38
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Sorry to hear what happened with your experiences, but RennSpec has always take a good care of me with all my orders. Perhaps there is a miscommunication between you and RennSpec. Jason@RennSpec is a great guy with a great service at all time, so I dont think Jason mean to ignore you. Besides, its the weekend. With the long working week, I think Jason deserves the weekend off. Jason works and go to school at the same time, so please give him some time. Im sure he will take a good care of you and make it up to you. As far as I know, RennSpec is currently expanding their businesses and relocate to a new shop. So things might get a bit off hand. Hope both you and RennSpec can works it out together. GL~
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #39
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
Hell yes the internet is serious, I run the sales for my fathers car dealer on ebay. Ive managed to keep a 100 percent feedback with over 400+ car transactions. Needless to say, you cant make everyone happy. Ive paid a couple asshole customers a lot of money to not post a bad feedback for a car having scratches which was fully disclosed. They can always twist it on you. One negative feedback is enough to ruin our business, yes just one. Its all out of state sales, where customer never sees the vehicle. Its fully based off trust.

internet=not a joke.
I agree. I don't like it when random mooks pop up and try to trash my name, considering I use this name on other forums. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on here from vendors and individuals. Two cars, rims/tires, various mods. I've never had anyone complain about me as a buyer or a seller. And this is the first time I've ever complained about a vendor.

Last edited by FStop7; 03-15-2011 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #40
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
be a man and do your own oil changes.
What's wrong with you? How does not doing your own oil changes not make you a man? That's the worst logic I've seen on these forums in some time.

Also, what's with all the sycophants jumping on the RennSpec bandwagon when clearly they screwed up here? Even if a vendor has done a thousand people right, are they not completely capable of screwing up severely? I don't care if Simon/Jason have been saints in the past, they screwed up here and deserve to be called out on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #41
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

wow! I love the forums! haha.. Im really surprised they havent responded still..

FStop7 hope all works out for you bud.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #42
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

its beyond crazy that they have not responded publically in this forum... I for one would NEVER buy from Rennspec after reading this post... and I'm sure there are many others out there that feel the same way. There are simply too many vendors out there to buy from, why give your business to someone or a company who doesn't even respond after a couple days of this going on.

BIG THUMBS DOWN!!!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #43
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsis View Post
What's wrong with you? How does not doing your own oil changes not make you a man? That's the worst logic I've seen on these forums in some time.

Also, what's with all the sycophants jumping on the RennSpec bandwagon when clearly they screwed up here? Even if a vendor has done a thousand people right, are they not completely capable of screwing up severely? I don't care if Simon/Jason have been saints in the past, they screwed up here and deserve to be called out on it.
"Don't worry Donny, these men are cowards."
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #44
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
I'm sure Rennspec will take care of business soon, they're just not in the best shape right now with everything they have going on.