BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

11-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3 Harrop S/C

EOI - 2011 MY11 e93 M3 - Harrop supercharged

Hi Guys

So the better (?) half is on my back about getting a more baby friendly car. I don't really want to, but I have the feeling it may be inevitable.

It is a 2011 Mineral White e93, with ~65k ish kms. The paint is perfect except for a little stone chip on the drivers door. The interior is in good condition but does show some minor wear, the rims are good and I have one spare front unused. The following work has been done to the car.

Harrop Supercharged ~2015 at about 45k kms.
Rod Bearings and engine mounts August 2017 ~53k kms
New Rear Tyres Michelin Pilot Super Sport August 2017
M3 GTS DCT tune - provides far smoother transmission behaviour
New Front Tyres Michelin Pilot Sport 4 January 2018 ~57k kms
Oil Service, Rear Brakes (discs + pads), Spark plugs Sept 2018 ~61k kms
Front brakes (d + P) Oct 2018 ~62k kms

Car also has MPE with decatted front section and burnt cyba tips.

Would it be unreasonable to think I could get mid to high $60k's ?

Last edited by XIX; 12-06-2018 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
LatifE90265.00
      11-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #2
jromaine
Rep
Drives: Frozen Grey E92 M3

Theres a supercharged E92 M3 thats been on Carsales for months and its now listed at $51,000 and still hasnt sold. (30,000km)

Infact its on ebay for $47,000
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jromaine View Post
Theres a supercharged E92 M3 thats been on Carsales for months and its now listed at $51,000 and still hasnt sold. (30,000km)

That car is butchered mate. Have you seen the pics or read the comments!?

OP good luck with the sale. It looks great!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the info mate, I expect there must be a lot more to that car than is mentioned in the advert, but something definitely seems off about it ?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #5
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Actually list it for $70k, then after a few months yeah sorry darl it just wont sell...

Otherwise buy a VW passat TDI wagon for a runabout, the B7 series is $15-20k great comfortable great economy family car and cheap!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #6
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep

😂, nice idea, but I will cop the hassle anyway.

3rd car is not really am option, I would never get the chance to drive the M so there wouldnt be any point keeping it in that situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 04:34 AM   #7
jromaine
Rep
Drives: Frozen Grey E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
That car is butchered mate. Have you seen the pics or read the comments!?
I have only seen the images on Carsales. I agree some of the panel gaps look questionable, however I haven't seen the car in person.

Comments, where?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I have only seen the images on Carsales. I agree some of the panel gaps look questionable, however I haven't seen the car in person.

Comments, where?
We talking about the same car? I wasn’t referring to panel gaps but more the fact that’s a very VERY modified car. Wide body kit... full respray... red suade interior....SC.... if that had stock bodywork it would sell 100 times over by now.

By comments I meant the actual carsales advert itself.

This example that Xix is selling is worth way more than the other one....not only it’s mint, original body, RB done..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 08:09 PM   #9
phillay
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 m3

prices have tanked on e90s, look at what the average advertised prices are at and think about how much they would really sell for. Unless it's a manual LCI, you're going to struggle to get over 50 I would say high 40s.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #10
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillay View Post
prices have tanked on e90s, look at what the average advertised prices are at and think about how much they would really sell for. Unless it's a manual LCI, you're going to struggle to get over 50 I would say high 40s.
Sorry mate, did you post this in the wrong thread?

What are you basing your info on?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #11
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
Quote:

Comments, where?
We talking about the same car? I wasn’t referring to panel gaps but more the fact that’s a very VERY modified car. Wide body kit... full respray... red suade interior....SC.... if that had stock bodywork it would sell 100 times over by now.

By comments I meant the actual carsales advert itself.

This example that Xix is selling is worth way more than the other one....not only it’s mint, original body, RB done..
wow. if you haven't seen it, check it out.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-5247616

my red flags are:
exceptionally low k's
no description of how much power it makes, who tuned it, what maintenance they've done to support the mods, description of how their pride and joy is a second or third car and just doesn't get driven etc.
that body kit...
that interior...
supercharged, but not by Harrop

How many KMs is a S65 good for?

I know it's a very different proposition to what OP is selling, but rather than spend $51k on the abortion above, I'd spend $31k on this -
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-5720228 then add a Harrop myself.

I'd prefer to have an honest car with 160km on the clock (at least you know it's been maintained if it's up there on the miles) than someone's riced up project car that's probably spent more time at the shop than on the road.

OP: prices seem to be dropping like a sack of potatoes. Last year a good E9x was hard to get for under 60k, and nothing but stat write offs listed under $40k. Now, as I linked above, the early ones with high miles are trading in the low to mid 30's, and plenty of choice between $40k & $50k. IMHO, a supercharger adds $5k to the price, but you limit yourself to buyers who can afford the insurance and like modified cars.

So a late model M3 with low milage, all the major maintainence and risk items taken care off and a Harrop pre-installed could absolutely be worth $60k+ to the right buyer.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #12
phillay
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIX View Post
Sorry mate, did you post this in the wrong thread?

What are you basing your info on?
Based on my experience when i was looking at buying and also recently selling my own car.

Just posting my opinion out there, no offense intended. The dollar value is what people would want to pay for, not judging on the quality of the car or bashing it in anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #13
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Based on my experience when i was looking at buying and also recently selling my own car.

Just posting my opinion out there, no offense intended. The dollar value is what people would want to pay for, not judging on the quality of the car or bashing it in anyway.
I understand that mate, but the info in front of me for e93's doesn't at all correlate with what you wrote ? Sure high mileage ones sell cheaper, and same with older ones.

But the newer ones with good mileage are all in the mid $50's to low $60's, and thats without supercharger or the other stuff being done (rbs etc)...

At the end of the day it will sell for what the market is willing to pay, but I would be pretty surprised if I don't get in the $60k's for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #14
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I understand that mate, but the info in front of me for e93's doesn't at all correlate with what you wrote ? Sure high mileage ones sell cheaper, and same with older ones.

But the newer ones with good mileage are all in the mid $50's to low $60's, and thats without supercharger or the other stuff being done (rbs etc)...

At the end of the day it will sell for what the market is willing to pay, but I would be pretty surprised if I don't get in the $60k's for it.
I'm betting phillay is talking about e92's and you're talking about e93's.

The convertibles (and four-door manuals) are rarer and worth more than the coupes - even if they aren't the 'enthusiast's choice'.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #15
phillay
Private
Australia
Rep

hey fellas, good discussion so far, again just throwing out my 2cents there. XIX I'm sure you've seen the carsales data to provide some guidance on what to price up your car based on what's currently listed cars for sale and historical data.

xQx - Yes I am talking about e90s and e92s. I would dare say the e93s would not fetch more just my opinion. The enthusiast choices are the ones that are desirable and rare (manual, LCI, carbon roof, white - subjective), the supercharger might help with prices slightly, but some buyers would be wary as it might indicate harder driving. Unless the buyer personally knows you, and knows how you treat the car I would say it's a negative.

I sold my car 2 weeks ago, it had everything done, TAs, RBs, impeccable service history, every receipt kept from new from the dealer including battery tyres etc. I won't reveal the price as the new owner is on the forums but suffice to say I had about 30 people inspecting the car and it sold well below what I was expecting, most (bar 2) didn't give a rat's arse about RBs or TAs or have been told it's not required by dealers, mechanics etc. It got to the point where I couldnt be bothered anymore and the car has sat there for a while. I had price my car initially at the higher price bracket and had to adjust the price well under the guidance.

ps. i could be wrong with e93s
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #16
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
most (bar 2) didn't give a rat's arse about RBs or TAs or have been told it's not required by dealers, mechanics etc.

ps. i could be wrong with e93s
That just goes to show the lack of education in the average buyer. I don't know how many mechanics have told me I'd be wasting my time putting better rear-subframe bushes in my car....
(I'd be asking a mechanic if he'd sell me an insurance policy against RB failure if he doesn't think they're worth worrying about)

Yeah, I'm not sure if the higher advertised prices with the e93 is simply because of the lower volume; or if they actually command a surcharge over an incidental e92.

I would say the 'enthusiasts favorites' probably don't get a great price surcharge, since the enthusiasts tend to know what they're worth
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #17
BMWM3TS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Based on your above average education on rod bearings, curious as to what your research came up with based on the numbers of actual aust delivered e9x's with build dates from 2010 that had engines grenade due to rod bearing failure and what % that is of how many cars were delivered.

Re mechanics, I'd trust my mechanic over a 20 something factory tech that couldn't builld and strip down a motor without at a diagram and is sound on first principles and ain't one dimensional on cars they work one.

Some dont drive there cars that much but do their maintenence and have a higher risk appetite. Do it for peace of mind etc, just in case, insurance policy, internet forum posts, driving at 9/10ths and skimp on maintenence. Some say screw that and would rather put the money down on tinkering first instead. Eg much better bang for your buck.

Ps what areas of your car have you tinkered with. Just a view but if you left it stock with only rod bearings done, what the heck. Surely your above average education reflects that there is a big butt dyno gap between stock with rod bearings done and stock with rod bearing dollars used to tweak the areas the factory Engineers had the handcuffs on.
Ps how many dealers say oops rod bearings not replaced, better do that incase they go during the statutory warranty period and I'll whack that retail cost on to the sell price and advertise, rod bearings just replaced.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #18
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 AlpineWeiss 3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:

Let me know if you decide to part the Harrop out
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 12:29 AM   #19
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplagz View Post
Let me know if you decide to part the Harrop out
been asked that a few times now!

Car is under offer subject to finance. So if that all goes through I will be a sad little boy
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 06:13 AM   #20
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Grey E92 M3 (6MT)

Ditto re the Harrop part out!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #21
wingzee
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
been asked that a few times now!

Car is under offer subject to finance. So if that all goes through I will be a sad little boy
So what’s coming up next? F80 M3 sounds like a decent “family car”.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #22
XIX
Incognito
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzee View Post
So what’s coming up next? F80 M3 sounds like a decent “family car”.
Hahah, not sold yet so not jinxing anything, but the current plan is a disco sport or X4 (any good?) for the Mrs and I will take the GL and then sell that in Aprilish for a full size Rangey or new Disco.

Got a call to say the buyers finance has been approved
Appreciate 0