BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

11-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #23
E93Blackhawk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
Just a quick reminder, all ESS software comes with the top speed governor disabled unless otherwise requested. Cold start cycle removal and raised RPM limit can also be had with any version of the tune at no extra charge.
Oh so the ESS akra tune will remove the governor then?

Do i just quote this when sending my ECU file to you?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #24
yosman8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: with no oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekshop View Post
E93Blackhawk we can offer you a package deal on both Akra Evo system and ESS DirectFlash tune of your choice.

Aleks.
Is this offer still on the table?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #25
phrankeee
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Directflash is the delivery device for our software that allows the end user to program his / her own vehicle without removing and shipping the ECU. The Akrapovic specific software can be purchased with or without the Directflash OBD tool. PM me if you have any other questions.
Also thinking of getting a Akrapovic Evolution + ESS tune setup...
But my car is located in China, is the ECU tuning process the same? is there a authorized ESS dealer here in China?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Take it from someone that had the most recent ESS Akra tune and switched to another tuner, look elsewhere. Their Akra dip is not even close to removed via software and it's far from smooth. Do a little more research or PM me for my experience. Their are other vendors that can make you package deals with a better outcome.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #27
phrankeee
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Take it from someone that had the most recent ESS Akra tune and switched to another tuner, look elsewhere. Their Akra dip is not even close to removed via software and it's far from smooth. Do a little more research or PM me for my experience. Their are other vendors that can make you package deals with a better outcome.
What is an Akra dip? What would you recommend as a better setup?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #28
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankeee
What is an Akra dip? What would you recommend as a better setup?
I love my Akra Evo. It's a great balance of noise level and power while being the highest quality product on the market. The exhaust configuration and/or the hfc causes a back pressure variance that catless systems don't have. Therefore tuning for this exhaust is different. I did find an older thread on it and the info is decent. Most dynos don't start low enough to catch the entire dip, but drive it before and after a proper tune and you'll see what the dip is first hand. Despite what the tuners say, this doesn't appear to be the easiest thing to eliminate. Go with someone that runs this exhaust on his own car who has extensively tested and tuned it and you won't regret it.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295720
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #29
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I love my Akra Evo. It's a great balance of noise level and power while being the highest quality product on the market. The exhaust configuration and/or the hfc causes a back pressure variance that catless systems don't have. Therefore tuning for this exhaust is different. I did find an older thread on it and the info is decent. Most dynos don't start low enough to catch the entire dip, but drive it before and after a proper tune and you'll see what the dip is first hand. Despite what the tuners say, this doesn't appear to be the easiest thing to eliminate. Go with someone that runs this exhaust on his own car who has extensively tested and tuned it and you won't regret it.
Yah Mike at BPM has a Full Akra on his own car so you know his Akra tune is dialed in.
I have a BPM stage 1 tune now, and i have a Akra(not installed yet) so i cant wait to do the install and stage 2 along with the other mods i have and give a report.
      03-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #30
phrankeee
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Is ESS ECU tune a good choice for the Akra Evo?
Also, are most of the ECU tuning standardized programs? Or do they require specific tuning to suit each different car?
Appreciate 0