BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

07-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #1
sun_tino
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1996 m3, 2005 m3

1996 BMW E36 M3 coupe 5-speed, Hellrot

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I am the 2nd owner of this 1996 m3 coupe. 118,xxx miClean title and registration is up to date. Just passed CA smog 6/29/20. Car was on non op for 3 years but I was starting it every week.

Car has lived in California its entire life, has absolutely zero rust. Exterior is a 9.5 out of 10. The paint is stunning. Very slight rock chips on front bumper and one small dent just above the rear bumper. (located on the body panel the tail lights sit on?) Just under the trunk latch. I have a picture but it is hard to spot because it isn't very noticeable. All weather moldings, window trims, gaskets are in great shape. LTW rims are the only downside to this car. They aren't in terrible shape but they were cleaned with too harsh of a chemical and also too harsh of a brush. Therefore, there are swirls and faded spots in direct sunlight. Minimal curb rash.

The passenger front fender and front bumper have DOT-R tags on them. This tells me they were replaced/repaired by BMW but there is no history of this online. I am not sure of the reason for this. But paint and fitment is perfect. All other panels have matching vins and original paint.

Interior is in good shape. I would say great but there are some things that need attention:
1) shift knob leather is peeling.
2) headliner is sagging.
3) Door panel pockets are becoming de-glued. Door panels are tight on door .
4) Radio screen sometimes dims, it has never gone completely dark. I have a spare original radio included.
5) Rear deck speaker has started to crackle when bass gets deep.

Everything else is in great shape. Interior has an armrest delete from factory. Manual heated seats. All electronics/mechanicals work properly.

I have all the owners manuals and two keys plus the valet key. Original radio code card and window sticker. Literally everything you get from the dealership when purchased new I have. I have all receipts/maint. performed since my ownership, 2014. The original maintenance card has a few BMW stamps of maintenance completed by the original owner.

Things I've done:
- cooling system overhaul. aluminum radiator. hi perf water pump
- belts, tensioners, idlers.
- under drive pulleys.
- reversible turner shark tune. stock mapping included.
- AA muffler. original muffler included
- H&R lowering springs. original springs included.
- spark plugs, coil packs.
- tranny oil change.
- front splitters
- wiper blades
- windshield cowl. (picture shows the old one installed)
- BMW roundels

Thank for viewing my post.

Attached Images

Last edited by sun_tino; 07-08-2020 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: forgot to include info.
Appreciate 0