BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

08-20-2022, 04:31 PM   #23
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

8/20/2022 Alcon BBK

Update time!

Alcon BBK installed, SPL front upgrade arms installed, Corner Balanced and Alignment, brake flush Motul 660...

car handles absolutely like how I imagined, the front end is way more responsive now, especially on the 265/35/18 140TW Gredge 07RS.

Brakes

the Alcon BBK is super light, brake feel is consistent. albeit its only been tested on my local mountain road... ACH, I generally have a lot more confidence to push a little harder than usual due to the brakes~

with the combination of the Carbotech XP12 front pads and XP10 rear pads, the bias has been good. still can't confirm this till the next track day. but so far it's been a pretty good street/canyon compromise. I do have XP20s that I will swap out at the track.

Suspension

the SPL upgraded arms up front have helped so much with bump steer which ACH was a good testing bed for as, that road itself is pretty bumpy in certain areas...I couldn't squeeze the -3.5 Camber I was aiming for, I might need to get new Camber Plates as apparently someone had stripped one of the bolts from the top hat from my previous alignment. f**** you 714 tires. But managed to at least get -3+ by adjusting it from the bottom.

so I will be ordering some new camber/caster plates from Ground Control, so I can squeeze more camber and more caster.

the current alignment is set up for Buttonwillow mainly but should be good at all my local tracks here, outside of maybe Streets of Willow and Horse Theif mile. which are more short technical tracks.

if you have any suggestions please let me know.

*ISSUE*

I basically threw a Bank 2 pre-cat O2 sensor fault, which caused cyl 1 and 3 to misfire and basically go limp.

the o2 sensor code doesn't show on protools anymore, but I originally pulled it when I got off the freeway. I think the sensor finally died. even my mechanic confirmed my o2 sensor was dying a couple of days ago on the bmw software.

codes:
  • DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B35: Misfire with cutoff, cyl. 1
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B37: Misfire with cutoff, cyl. 3
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B41: Misfire with cutout, several cylinders
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B57: No description found
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2796: No description found

I also have some used low-mileage spare spark plugs I will test, but I had this pre-cat O2 sensor issue for the last half of the year. The O2 sensor should be arriving today. if anyone needs to replace the pre-cat O2 sensor it is PN:

might be time for new spark plugs it has been over a year since...

but the car could use a full maintenance package, which I will do prior to the upcoming track season. this is my daily car too as well.

anyways here are some pics of the BBK installed and a small video for your viewing pleasure.

Alcon x Bimmerworld CR6420 w/ Pro-Systems 380x36 Rotor

Plenty of room with the 18x10.5 ET20 TE37SL

Current iteration
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2022, 04:40 PM   #24
s0ldats
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 stripper

nice progress with your build! 4.4 must be super fun. how’s the neomax 1way? how close to stock height can they get?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 05:54 PM   #25
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ldats View Post
nice progress with your build! 4.4 must be super fun. how’s the neomax 1way? how close to stock height can they get?
i honestly wish i could tell you, i have not tried lol. i've been on the same ride height since installed.

but based on the shock body and length of rear spring you get, it looks like you can be 1/4in from oem height.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 06:03 PM   #26
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post

*ISSUE*

I basically threw a Bank 2 pre-cat O2 sensor fault, which caused cyl 1 and 3 to misfire and basically go limp.

the o2 sensor code doesn't show on protools anymore, but I originally pulled it when I got off the freeway. I think the sensor finally died. even my mechanic confirmed my o2 sensor was dying a couple of days ago on the bmw software.

codes:
  • DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B35: Misfire with cutoff, cyl. 1
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B37: Misfire with cutoff, cyl. 3
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B41: Misfire with cutout, several cylinders
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2B57: No description found
    DME/DDE [MSS60] | 2796: No description found

I also have some used low-mileage spare spark plugs I will test, but I had this pre-cat O2 sensor issue for the last half of the year. The O2 sensor should be arriving today. if anyone needs to replace the pre-cat O2 sensor it is PN:

might be time for new spark plugs it has been over a year since...

but the car could use a full maintenance package, which I will do prior to the upcoming track season. this is my daily car too as well.
update on this, turns out my header to mid pipes bolts backed out of my car some how, and my exhaust gasket was basically keeping it together for a couple days.

the header to mid-pipe bolts seemed to have said bye bye during my test drive at my local mountain road... so i got lucky there.

ended up just servicing the whole engine, waiting on spark plugs, as i got sent 1 wrong... spark plug.. lol

also SYT_Shadow pointed out my rotors were backwards, so i fixed that. see image.

and also while I am at it, here is some in car (hood view) canyon driving video... untrained professional on public road. don't try this at home. featuring - forum member 911R in the E90

Appreciate 2
      10-31-2023, 05:12 PM   #27
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

You know, I haven't updated this in a while. The last 'quick' update I made was my Titanium midpipe. Next up is just general maintenance, including:
  • Engine mounts: Blew on my last off-track moment.
  • Transmission mounts.
  • Rear differential mount: The car's making some weird noise when coming to a stop or slowing down.
  • Inspect axle boots.
  • Mock up my new rear section?

Hopefully, I can get this done by the end of November and start some more fabrication work on the rear section.

In other news, the pain of the secondary air pump has gotten to me. I also need to go through the pain of gaining access to the SAP and physically clean it so I can get the CEL to go off as I've exhausted all options with replacing donut gaskets and O2 sensors.

Especially as a SoCal Resident, I need it to pass smog. If not, I will explore alternative methods.

titanium x pipe + 4 pipe mod:

I won't get into the whole 'forward X is better' debate. I'm not chasing that extra 3 ft-lbs or what ever of torque in the mid-range; I just don't like how they sound.

so if you want a Titanium Forward X go to sub2speed house and get you one in titanium, the best on the market.

https://www.sub2speedhouse.com/colle...forward-x-pipe
Attached Images

Appreciate 2