BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #67
SPEEDBUMP
Track Junkie
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 (AW/FR EXT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
I swapped them around and the misfire didn't switch sides. I would have thought that if the o2 sensor was the cause my misfire would have swapped sides when I moved the o2 sensor?
I did the same test and the misfire did not change to the opposite bank. This was one of the first things I tried when I had my problem. While it did not help me with my issue it is basically a free test so it was worth a try
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #68
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDBUMP View Post
I did the same test and the misfire did not change to the opposite bank. This was one of the first things I tried when I had my problem. While it did not help me with my issue it is basically a free test so it was worth a try
I didn't want to post yet so I don't jinx myself but I swapped my cam sensors spark plugs and my injectors to the opposite sides. also cleaned the outside of the inectors while they were out and used silicone on the o rings before putting them back in. so far after 100km+ no issues *knock on wood*. Cats are still in (test pipes are on a boat apparently and should be here when he'll freezes over?) but I am hoping my misfires will stay gone. this is the furthest I've driven since this started without going into limp mode. Keeping my fingers crossed. if they do come back I just hope it's cyl 1 through 4
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #69
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDBUMP View Post
Let's hope I'm right but your problem sounds exactly like the issue I experienced. I have since done a track day with the car and it seems fine - no issues
I am pretty sure my issue is fixed, and I do believe it was related to injectors. Updated the opening post, but in a nutshell, I swapped the injectors to the other side and after 130 miles had no issues. I went on with my supercharger install, and the car is now supercharged for 150km and no misfires whatsoever. Car runs great. Also, got my test pipes in this week (finally) and installing tomorrow morning.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #70
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
I am pretty sure my issue is fixed, and I do believe it was related to injectors. Updated the opening post, but in a nutshell, I swapped the injectors to the other side and after 130 miles had no issues. I went on with my supercharger install, and the car is now supercharged for 150km and no misfires whatsoever. Car runs great. Also, got my test pipes in this week (finally) and installing tomorrow morning.
Congrats, good to hear you were able to resolve this. So do you think it was an intermittent electrical connection on that got fixed when you reconnected the connection (after swapping sides)?....
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 12:59 AM   #71
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
Congrats, good to hear you were able to resolve this. So do you think it was an intermittent electrical connection on that got fixed when you reconnected the connection (after swapping sides)?....
I believe it was related to some type of connection (either electrical or the connector physically being seated into the head). Either way, I'm glad it's worked out so far.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0