BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

10-25-2023, 09:09 AM   #1
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

GT4 Lip/Canards/Brake duct plates: Good examples of each?

I'm looking for people's experiences when it comes to the 'better' versions of the GT4 lip, GT4 canards, brake duct backing plates and hoses. I'm looking to get some cool air into the hats of my front OEM brake setup and I love the look of the GT4 setup. This is for my HPDE (no W2W) fun track-day car.

Brake duct backing plates: Who makes a simple cost effective version that directs air into the center of the front rotors using a 2.5" (60 mm) hose attachment? I see versions from expensive carbon examples to simple metal ones but almost all are either eternally out of stock or from overseas and difficult to get.

Brake duct hoses: Opinions on diameter and material? I'm thinking 2.5" is a happy medium between fitting easier and flowing enough but purely a guess.

GT4 Canards: These just look cool to me and wish I could find real supporting data of what their purpose and how much they actually do anything. Which companies are people using the most for these? I'm assuming these are like the GT4 front lip where everything is made by the same person overseas. But would be nice to find a decent copy of them that is obtainable in the states.

GT4 Lip: I think all inexpensive replicas from the Far East have their fitment issues so I'm going with the version that POM Performance or Ridgeline Motorsports sells. I expect to destroy it immediately so I'm not looking for an expensive part here, but it would be nice to have a version that doesn't have massive gaps around the brake cooling holes.

I appreciate your time!
      10-27-2023, 08:52 PM   #2
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

HARD motorsports for brake duct and aluminum plate. 3”
      10-30-2023, 02:09 AM   #3
leftfootbr8king
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ridgeline is the move. Pom has not insignificant fitment issues as well.
Appreciate 1
tsk941522.00